Huddersfield Town vs Derby County

Carl Sagan

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless Dawkins is injured, that's a f00kin horrific decision to take him out. 

I'm proper p!ssed off (if it's intentional). Why keep that same midfield two which doesn't work and drop a player who needs more games and can make a massive difference in centre midfield?

I'm convinced more than ever now that when Bry and Hendrick signed new deals that had clauses in their contract that says when available on of them must start - or they need X amount of games a season.

Ridiculous how such average players and feckin liabilities more than anything keep getting games.

I'm proper p!ssed off (if it's intentional). Why keep that same midfield two which doesn't work and drop a player who needs more games and can make a massive difference in centre midfield?

I'm convinced more than ever now that when Bry and Hendrick signed new deals that had clauses in their contract that says when available on of them must start - or they need X amount of games a season.

Ridiculous how such average players and feckin liabilities more than anything keep getting games.

if he plays the same formation as Tuesday with Hedrick Deep, Hughes a bit more advanced and Bryson further up then it might work.

Hendrick and Bryson wouldn't then br the Midfield Two, more part of a three.

I'm glad Martin isn't in the squad. We have enough quality in our squad to get the points needed for the play-offs, which could even be 0 for all we know.

Rest him and have him fit for the play-offs. If we finish 5th, the first leg will be 3 weeks today. That's enough time for him to get a bit of fitness up without risking him in three winnable league games.

​Don't you think you're overstating it somewhat? Are you really horrified?

​Agreed, bizarre decision, how many times this season have we seen that midfield combo fail! IT DOESN'T WORK!!. If we lose the midfield battle today then MAC will be in my firing line, 100% 

On the basis that everyone thought how well Dawkins played the Hughes role on Tuesday, and that they play a similar game in that position in midfield, strikes me as the natural decision to drop him when Hughes comes back in, otherwise (on the assumption here that Hendrick will play the holding role) you've got two players doing the same thing.

Not saying it isn't harsh, but it's a like for like swap and Hughes is a much better player.

With Hughes and Dawkins as a midfield two, there's not much balance there.

Dawkins played well, but Bryson getting back to the form of last year would be like a new signing, and imo have a better impact to the team.  Dawkins gives us another dimension, if it's not working, and it's good to have options, don't see the problem myself.

aBryson-Hendrick-Hughes-trio hasn't really worked for us before, has it?

Hope Mac has roled them right, otherwise he'll get some deserved stick from this.

normally he tries Hendrick and Bryson as a two with Hughes more advanced. But on Tuesday he had Hendrick as DM with Dawks and Bryson advanced and it looked balanced. Swap ahughes for Dawkins and that can still work

On the basis that everyone thought how well Dawkins played the Hughes role on Tuesday, and that they play a similar game in that position in midfield, strikes me as the natural decision to drop him when Hughes comes back in, otherwise (on the assumption here that Hendrick will play the holding role) you've got two players doing the same thing.

Not saying it isn't harsh, but it's a like for like swap and Hughes is a much better player.

With Hughes and Dawkins as a midfield two, there's not much balance there.

Stop talking sense m8 it won't catch on 

normally he tries Hendrick and Bryson as a two with Hughes more advanced. But on Tuesday he had Hendrick as DM with Dawks and Bryson advanced and it looked balanced. Swap ahughes for Dawkins and that can still work

​Hendrick has all the abilities to be a good DM but does he have a mindset? Last season he certainly didn't and I just can't count Blackpool as a real test. Lots of videos and stright instructions might do the trick... Interesting to see how they lineup.

Archived