hughes           dawkins

ince                              bent                        lingard

on its day it would beat real Madrid :P

​So is our Barcelona days back?

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

30 quid the fookers have charged me.

I've not seen us lose away in the league for three years so if thats not a good omen i don't know what is.

​Not really - you've only been twice.

:D

Same team but Hughes in for Dawkins.

​Still not ready to admit Dawks had a decent game at CM - or is capable of not only playing there but shining in that role?

It would be a horrific decision to bench Dawks and keep Bryson in the XI, but I have a bad feeling Mac is going to do it.

Good Morning Rams. This should be a great game. We're in a decent run of form and you're clearly a very good side, so all bodes well for an exciting afternoon. Obviously you need the points more than we do and that could well be the deciding factor. That said, I wouldn't go thinking we'll be a push over because Chis Powell doesn't tolerate any slacking whether the season's over for us or not. Matching ourselves against a promotion chancing side will definitely mean he demands 'a shift' from each and every player. So here's to a great game and it's one I'm definitely looking forward to!

Have a safe journey and a good day in Hudders, but not too good hey?

Regards - AceT (HTFC):D

The team will be:

Grant

Shotton, Keogh, Whitbread, Warnock

Hendrick

Hughes, Bryson

Ince                                   Russell

Bent

Or:

Grant

Hendrick

Dawkins, Bryson

Bent

I would like to see if Martin isn’t 100% fit:

Grant

Hendrick

Dawkins, Hughes

Bent

Grant

Shotton      Keogh           Shortbread     Warnock

Hughes         Hendrick 

Dawkins

Ince                   Bent                     Lingard

Don't think we should change anything except to accomodate hughes. Dawkins has hopefully found his preferred position and makes it his own. Bent just keeps scoring and we need to keep a consistent defence going into the play offs.                         

​I would go for this team. Seems the most balanced. Let Martin rest.

​I would go for this team. Seems the most balanced. Let Martin rest.

​Honestly see this as the way forward to be honest, Once Martin and Thorne are fit, id put thorne in for hendrick and unless bent has a particularly bad match id then bring martin back in. But I think its important to keep martin rested maybe for the next 2 games at least. Bring him on if needs be, but lets just get him ready for the potential play offs. Hopefully we can perform well on saturday and do enough to get the win. I think back to back wins would give everyone a massive boost heading into the last two games. 

From what I've seen Derby County have a very good side where good money has been spent on building a squad and paying for a top class manager. Once again the clubs that have spent heavily this season (with the possible exception of Brentford) are up there again. It's all becoming rather predictable, although I have to say, it's a gamble I'm please to say my club doesn't go in for. Perhaps that will consign us to mid-league mediocrity for ever more, who knows but we've experienced administration and near liquidation once and I for one don't want to see that again. How many of those clubs who are doing well actually stuck to the League rulings on pay structures and wages I wonder, and if not why not? We have!   

From what I've seen Derby County have a very good side where good money has been spent on building a squad and paying for a top class manager. Once again the clubs that have spent heavily this season (with the possible exception of Brentford) are up there again. It's all becoming rather predictable, although I have to say, it's a gamble I'm please to say my club doesn't go in for. Perhaps that will consign us to mid-league mediocrity for ever more, who knows but we've experienced administration and near liquidation once and I for one don't want to see that again. How many of those clubs who are doing well actually stuck to the League rulings on pay structures and wages I wonder, and if not why not? We have!   

​FFP makes it tough for the division's so-called smaller clubs to compete near the top.

I mean, the audacity of some folk bemoaning Bournemouth's spending is laughable. Why can't they spend money? Why should they be consigned to being a Championship midtable side at best? I'm glad they've spent money.

From an outsider, Huddersfield aren't the biggest club in the division but they aren't the smallest. If your board aren't prepared to spend, then it could be a long slog for Chris Powell to build a team of youngsters and let them realise their potential

Under Clough it took five years for us to finally post a season of a +GD and we still ended up losing more games than we won - for the fifth consecutive season!

We got ourselves in a position to spend money, the final peices of the jigsaw so to speak. Too bad injuries have derailed us.

Most clubs would be wise to follow our blueprint and then make the final push. Teams like Fulham, Blackburn, Forest, Cardiff City, Wigan and Bolton pushed too hard, too soon and are paying for it.

Hudderfield are at a far better starting point that the clubs above, but they're some way behind the likes of Derby, Wolves and Boro who if they fail to go up this season are all-but nailed on for another top six spot next season.

Rather than have a go at the alleged tight fistedness of Huddersfield Town you're forgetting to take account of the fact that most of the other clubs you've mention have had the luxury of a massive cash injections in the form of parachute payments etc. in recent years. It's their own fault through bad management if they end up in **** street financially which some of them have. The truth is Huddersfield Town can't even dream about those amounts of monies coming into the club.

The point I was actually making was, unless clubs are prepared to put themselves in serious financial jeopardy by gambling on promotion to the promised land by throwing money at it, then they appear to be consigning themselves to the Championship or lower divisions forever! To me these days, it seems that it's less about the actual football on the pitch and the skill of the coaches and manager in achieving success, it's increasingly more about financial clout off the pitch which allows clubs to bring in players with huge price tags on silly wages, which is a shame in my view at this level. The fair play initiative was meant to level things out but unfortunately plenty of clubs appear to have ignored those particular rulings.:cool:

Rather than have a go at the alleged tight fistedness of Huddersfield Town you're forgetting to take account of the fact that most of the other clubs you've mention have had the luxury of a massive cash injections in the form of parachute payments etc. in recent years. It's their own fault through bad management if they end up in **** street financially which some of them have. The truth is Huddersfield Town can't even dream about those amounts of monies coming into the club.

The point I was actually making was, unless clubs are prepared to put themselves in serious financial jeopardy by gambling on promotion to the promised land by throwing money at it, then they appear to be consigning themselves to the Championship or lower divisions forever! To me these days, it seems that it's less about the actual football on the pitch and the skill of the coaches and manager in achieving success, it's increasingly more about financial clout off the pitch which allows clubs to bring in players with huge price tags on silly wages, which is a shame in my view at this level. The fair play initiative was meant to level things out but unfortunately plenty of clubs appear to have ignored those particular rulings.:cool:

​Derby have done very well in respect of marketing (credit to the commercial guys) and are without doubt a model for championship clubs to follow. I think turnover was around £20million which is very very healthy for this division. A lot of this is due to the large fan base which in turn brings in numerous and reasonably lucrative sponsorship etc. The ownership group have also stumped up in allowing an overspend of circa £7-8million (within FFP).

Archived