how many players have we got who are genuine premier league quality?

Sexydadbod

Hughes is good enough, and he will surely only get better.  Martin, although he would find it much harder to score, could probably do a decent job at that level. Thorne would be fine if he could stay free from injury for any length of time at all.  Grant borderline...  Albentosa was having a very good first season in La Liga with Eibar, which would suggest that he was good enough for the Premier League, but he has looked a long way from that with us.  Can't see anyone else being good enough to maintain a place in a team that could stay in the Premier League. I'm not considering the loan players.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You never know.

Loads of rubbish have, will, and do make careers is the Premier League. 

Loads of brilliant players are poor in it.

It's more about how the players fit in the teams and how the team fits in the league. 

I wouldn't spare much time thinking about it. 

Agbonlahor is a Premier League player. Think about that for a minute. 

You never know.

It's more about how the players fit in the teams and how the team fits in the league. 

You are the voice of reason. I better stop liking your posts before you think I'm a stalker. 

You never know.

​Agreeing you otherwise but Agbonlahor has one special attribute which has made his career: speed. If you are average otherwise and have something special in your locker, playing in PL ain't impossible at all.

For example Jonathan Johansson scored 14 PL goals in one season for Charlton. Agbonlahor is real talent compared to JJ, but they both are/used to be extremely fast.

How are people suggesting Hendrick? He's probably not even in the top 10 best midfielders in the championship let alone premier league standard. He goes missing whenever a game gets tough and he has 0 footballing brain. Bang average mid table champ midfielder for me, always has 

The age olde question that just can't be answered. Some players do well under certain conditions and certain managers.

If the players have the technical ability then they always have a chance. The Premier League isn't as big of a step up as some people think. 

Martin, Bent, Hughes, Thorne, Keogh, Warnock, Forsyth, Ince, Russell, Grant.

Jury is out for me on Shotton and Albentosa, as both have played top flight football but not sure right now. If we said they are, that's 12. 1 keeper, 5 defenders, 2 mids, 4 strikers.

Impossible to tell until we get there.

But before anyone jumps the gun, players like Stephen Hunt have had more than one season in the top flight and has even catched a transfer fee for over $5mill, somehow.

How many QPR players were in the PL, went down in the Championship and looked bog standard, and are now back in the PL and only a couple of points off safety?

Glenn Murray looks awesome in the Premier League. Wasn't he on loan at Reading earlier in the season and looked fairly average?

Again, impossible to tell until we get there.

I saw Jeff Hendrick play brilliantly against Italy for Ireland, yet on Saturday he looked League Two standard against Brentford.

Which of burnleys team would you say was of a prem standard last year?? Probably ings and that's it! The shape and organisation of a team is much more important in football than the individuals!! And our changed shape and constant rotation of players has ruined us! 

​I would say Ings and Trippier, the rest not.....hence why they are coming down immediately.....

​I would say Ings and Trippier, the rest not.....hence why they are coming down immediately.....

Surely you can see the point being made though? They've had Ings and Vokes out for huge chunks of the season and yet, despite only having signed one player that's improved their starting XI, they're 3 points from safety. 

Their squad is by and large average Championship standard and yet they're having an almighty crack at staying up as a result of a good system. 

Surely you can see the point being made though? They've had Ings and Vokes out for huge chunks of the season and yet, despite only having signed one player that's improved their starting XI, they're 3 points from safety. 

Their squad is by and large average Championship standard and yet they're having an almighty crack at staying up as a result of a good system. 

​it just shows that actually the standard in the championship has gone up and the bottom half of the Prem has fallen.

the championship is more entertaining, interesting and worth watching.

​Yep, but, they are going to go down....dispite all this.

Archived