how many players have we got who are genuine premier league quality?

Sexydadbod

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps a better question would be : How many of our players would a newly promoted team want to buy from us if we didnt make it up?

I think : Martin (two season  20 goals or more)

Hughes

I would have said Bryson on last season's form but this season and cost (due to length of contract) would put people off.

Grant - not any better than most Championship keepers.

Hughes

Hendrick - Not better than most young midfielders in this league

Ince - Not ours

Lingard - not Ours

Russell - Doesnt create enough.

Martin

Bent - not ours

​Just some of my thoughts on the players you mention.

Think to yourselves " How many of our players would a club want to improve their team?" The answer is not that many. 

I've not seen enough from Lingaard to tell me he is premier league quality.  If the question is, should we go up how many of the current team would give us chance to stay up if they were regulars (by regulars I mean over 20 league games), I would say;

Grant

Warnock, Shotton, Keogh

Hughes, Thorne, Hendrick, Ince, Russell

Martin

That said, we would need to bring in four or five very good players (and Ince) to suppliment them for our squad.  Then you would have the likes of Roos, Albentosa, Ward as others on the bench.

Hard to judge as I'd have said other than Ings not many of Burnley's players were Prem class at the start of this season and they're doing a lot better than I thought they'd do. 

If if I think who in our team a Prem team might want to snap up I honestly think only Hughes is in this bracket. I think Martin's a very good Championship striker, but I'm not convinced he'd get many goals in the Prem.

​Just some of my thoughts on the players you mention.

Think to yourselves " How many of our players would a club want to improve their team?" The answer is not that many. 

​Hendrick and Hughes have both warranted interest from Premier League clubs, that means they must both have the capablity to lay in that league in the future. Hughes has demonstrated this season he's more than capable and Hendrick, if he can recapture the form showed at the end of last season, also has potential to succeed in the prem.

The one thing you need in goalkeepers is consistency and Grant has been exactly that (excluding a wobble around the Wolves game this season)

​Hendrick and Hughes have both warranted interest from Premier League clubs, that means they must both have the capablity to lay in that league in the future. Hughes has demonstrated this season he's more than capable and Hendrick, if he can recapture the form showed at the end of last season, also has potential to succeed in the prem.

The one thing you need in goalkeepers is consistency and Grant has been exactly that (excluding a wobble around the Wolves game this season)

​I didn't say Hughes wasn't Prem standar

d

Hendrick is a quandry. There were whispers of interest but nothing Confirmed and no bid. He is still developing but I don't think any of the teams in the top 8 would see him as improving their team - and likewise the prem teams. Would they spend any sort of decent money on a young unproven squad player?

​I didn't say Hughes wasn't Prem standar

d

Hendrick is a quandry. There were whispers of interest but nothing Confirmed and no bid. He is still developing but I don't think any of the teams in the top 8 would see him as improving their team - and likewise the prem teams. Would they spend any sort of decent money on a young unproven squad player?

​I know you didn't, I was using him as a comparison saying they've both attracted interest.

Hendrick had a shaky start this season and hasn't quite lived up to his potential so far in my opinion. The back end of last season where he started finding the net reguarly also saw him hit a rich vein of overall form. He was superb in the home leg of the play-off semi final, even overshadowing Thorne that night. 

He's still relatively young. If he can find that form again, he'll be a good player in the Prem.

its a great thread

takin loan players out (as they will be picked up - if not by us)

Hughes and Hendrick would both live there (of course Hughes would be more in demand)

Martin - has improved massively - however Norwich let him go - cos he was out of his depth. So marginal.

Thorne - WBA let him go - and the injuries!!!!!!

For me - Grant, Keogh, Russell, Ward, Bryson, Dawkins - dont make that level...really sorry to say that

Jesus...just beat Blackpool Tues..........

Archived