Rotherham United v Derby County

AmericanRam

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It took me less than two minutes - it's not exactly difficult when you have access to an opta database.

I clicked three buttons, pressed go, got a table with all 24 Championship sides and the amount of clearances they have made.

The conclusion was obvious but if you didn't understand it in as many words as I gave then it's going to be fairly difficult to explain to you.

Cheat. You should have quickly watched all 3 teams matches from last season on fast forward and counted up the clearances.

QPR owner thinks burning money will solve his problems.

Leicester didn't know the right time to get rid of a bad manager

Burnley didn't spend any money.

We have the right set up not to mess things up too much. Look at Swansea, Stoke and Southampton, we should aspire to be like them.

9 posts,I see.Welcome to the Forum.1 note of caution,however,I agree with your point but you must not

mention Stoke on here.Not favourably anyway or you will be buried under a pile of rubble.

Been waiting for someone sensible to post, who actually saw the game. Seems to me like the pattern of our season again with 7 or 8 players doing well, but 2 or 3 poor performers, with poor individual mistakes thrown in tonight. Ward and Christie are off the boil, and therefore should feature less over the next few games, and we need Albentosa to claim his position at the heart of our defence. Still no point rushing Thorne into action.

1 point away from home is fine. No panic. Win your home games, draw your away ones. I think I will sleep ok. Never really expected us to win the league in Feb.

Another one of those matches where I would be more worried if we came away with a point having dominated the whole game. If we have shown anything tonight, it is that we will not give up. Frustrating but I think this recent impressive determination we have shown will serve us well and get us points from games we shouldn't further down the line.

Yup, agreed. They will have seen our result tonight and rubbed their hands, win tomorrow, 3 points clear top of the league

Just as we did when Bournemouth dropped points at the weekend and look what's happened tonight. A win for Boro is not the formality many on here think it is -this league is far too unpredictable.

Another one of those matches where I would be more worried if we came away with a point having dominated the whole game. If we have shown anything tonight, it is that we will not give up. Frustrating but I think this recent impressive determination we have shown will serve us well and get us points from games we shouldn't further down the line.

All well and good being able to recover from 3-1 down with 25 to go against any side in this league, but we still managed to get ourselves in that position which is something we need to fix.

I agree we are not Barcelona but some people on here think we have a divine right to get promoted. We shipped 3 goals tonight as we're not good enough am suck of hearing why aren't we strolling the league like Leicester last season maybe it's because we're not that good

You're another miserable fart! Just enjoy it pal, we're doing ok

All well and good being able to recover from 3-1 down with 25 to go against any side in this league, but we still managed to get ourselves in that position which is something we need to fix.

Of course we do. But I am confident that can be fixed. Showing no desire to come back would be a far more pressing concern.

It took me less than two minutes - it's not exactly difficult when you have access to an opta database. 

I clicked three buttons, pressed go, got a table with all 24 Championship sides and the amount of clearances they have made. 

The conclusion was obvious but if you didn't understand it in as many words as I gave then it's going to be fairly difficult to explain to you. 

Yes I wouldn't bother if I were you,tell me does the number of points we get have any bearing

on our promotion prospects?I only ask because Leicester and Burnley got quite a lot last season.

It made it easier for them in the end.We didn't get enough points last season,and we are not getting

enough ponts this season to break away from our rivals.

What has the Premier League got to do with anything about tonight?

IF/When we get to the Premier League we will buy players and the squad will change, so there is no point even talking about it now.

As for your point - why does conceding three against Rotherham away mean Keogh isn't good enough? He's been a part of a team that has kept 15 clean sheets in 31 games.

And if you're going to be selective, why not look at Boro. The team with the best defensive record, but the team which conceded THREE goals on their own patch to the worst scoring team in the league - Sheffield Wednesday.

Why would I be intrested in borough or bournmouth ?I am concerned / intrested in how we perform and as I see the team develop from strength to strength payers like Keogh and ward look further  out of their depth.As for buying new players should we go up, some one best tell Steve because I wouldn't be expecting more than 1 or 2 quality signings to come unless some ones splashing 60 or 70 mill

Why not make the point how they're not good enough?

Or the point how Bournemouth lost 1-2 to Forest and then 3-2 to Blackburn (conceding 5) in the space of three days? Not good enoguh either I assume?

Nobody thinks we are. If we were we would have pulled ahead already & wins would probably bring less excitement, as would defeats bring less despair.

Many on here certainly do take the view that we are racing certainties for a top 2 spot -how else can 2 successive away draws be greeted by such a negative response.

Bloody ridiculous!

Many on here certainly do take the view that we are racing certainties for a top 2 spot -how else can 2 successive away draws be greeted by such a negative response.

Bloody ridiculous!

We're not nailed on certainties but being where we are and being as tight as it is, you'd put Rotherham as a fixture where you would expect to win. It may be big headed or whatever but being successful brings more expectation. It's more of a case of where could we be now if we didn't slip up. 

The third was just majestically ****, its rare you see three mistakes in a row lead to a goal. First Omar tries to head the ball down to Keogh, its too soft inviting Derbyshire in. Second Keogh misses his kick, letting Derbyshire have the ball. Third Grant lets the ball go straight through him.

Yes I wouldn't bother if I were you,tell me does the number of points we get have any bearing

on our promotion prospects?I only ask because Leicester and Burnley got quite a lot last season.

It made it easier for them in the end.We didn't get enough points last season,and we are not getting

enough ponts this season to break away from our rivals.

If we don't finish in the top two then it's because both our team and manager aren't good enough for the top two - collectively. I wouldn't be surprised to see us miss out, but I doubt Bournemouth or Middlesbrough fans would be either. 

There is nowhere to hide - that will be it. 

Archived