Rotherham United v Derby County

AmericanRam

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Third best defence in the league, third best attack. 

It is what it is.

Can't argue with that can you? We're third best. We need to step up, some fans seem to think we're nailed on for top 2, I haven't seen it yet.

You're not blaming Keogh for completely missing his kick? It is Mascarell's error, but both have had an absolute mare. First is Forsyth and second is Grant.

Not really, he is committed to going to the ball and the attacker nicks it before him, he could have done better obviously but I wouldn't put the mistake down to him.

Ok here is my take on the match:

Pretty bad defending it sounded like for basically their goals,but again great job by the team to man up and get a point out of this one.

Ince was magnificent again,very happy he is here for the promotion push;great finish on his first goal and second sounded like a good one as well.

I have to say this also...please Mac start Dawks Saturday.His style of play is what we need and Ward...meh once again.

As everyone else knows,great chance here to go top and did not take advantage of that;however of course still in great shape,just have to stop getting down in these instances and taking care of business throughout.

Dissapointed not to win yes...but would be totally ticked off if got nothing out of this.

On to Sheffield Wednesday.

Sorry AR, maybe I'm just easily irritated after the game but why are you giving a match report based on the radio?

Can't argue with that can you? We're third best. We need to step up, some fans seem to think we're nailed on for top 2, I haven't seen it yet.

If we had won 4-3 tonight we'd still be third best attack and third best defence, yet top of the league. It doesn't necessarily mean 3rd best overall.

Well... 

Bournemouth have the best attack, but 5th best defence. Middlesbrough have the best defence, but 6th best attack.

Middlesbrough have scored 13 fewer goals than us, 17 fewer than Bournemouth. We've conceded 11 more than Boro and Bournemouth 12 more. 

Wonder what changes McClaren will make for Saturday. I am sure he wishes Albentosa was fully fit...

Long way to go in this season, still got Martin and Russell to come back. The important thing is that we at least show some fight and some spirit this season when things don't go our way. But annoying that we have shot ourselves in the foot the last two league games.

From what I heard...

For the next game

Dawkins starts.

As does Shotton in for Christie.

The ball being held up by Dawkins and a better defensive 4 means we rely less on Omar as a 'Eustace' figure and we can play better.

Like Steve said after, could prove to be a massive point come the end of the season.

We move on.

6pts from the next 2 games and we'll be laughing.

People blaming Grant are stupid, he has been solid all season and is one of the best keepers in this league. As much as I like Christie we miss Shotton, he is far better defensively and we missed him in this game, I hope Albentosa comes in for Buxton soon, we tested Whitbread and Shotton at CB, I don't see why we can't go with Raul. Without Martin we really need Dawkins and it showed how much of an impact he had when he came on, I would also like to see lingard for Hendrick as I don't think he has been to good recently. 

If we had won 4-3 tonight we'd still be third best attack and third best defence. Doesn't necessarily mean 3rd best overall.

Well if we had the 3rd best defence and the 3rd best attack I would expect us to be higher than 3rd. I think with ince and bent plus a fit martin and Russell we would have the best attack. Our defence only looks good cos we don't often come under pressure.

Archived