Rotherham United v Derby County

AmericanRam

at the end of the day it was a point  .. away from home  ..    yes Rotherham are no Bournemouth  ...but most where happy with a point from Bournemouth  ....   no matter how we look at it ... we where   1 - 0   .  2-1  3-1  down  ...   possibly  some forum users  thought it was going to be a easy 3 points 

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we averaged 19 points from 10 games over the season then we wouldn't finish in the top 2.

Just saying.

Last night Bryson,Dawkins and Lingard with Hughes got hold of the game .

Have to say Hendrick and Omar ,Ward, Bent were not at their best.

Both Christie an Forsyth were not at their best.

Both CBs looked edgy

Ince scored 2 great goals but also could of done better defensively.

Grant for the 2nd goal inexplicable but made a good save at 3-1 to keep us in the game.

Credit to Rotherham for their game plan.

Luckily it's 21 points from 10 games. Over 46 games, that would be 96.6 points. Definitely enough for top 2

Lol.

I didn't check his figures....good one.

Last night this Derby squad proved it will not lie down

No need for doom and gloom .

Great comeback by the lads and proves the squad are up for the fight .

They really pulled it around last night after Grant and Omar's mistakes and great credit goes to the substitutes.

It's a squad game and we have a good squad.

McClaren I love the man.

I think McClaren will have learnt a lot from this game.

Christie - very disappointing but this has been covered by numerous posts.

Bucko - not dominating and lucky not to concede more fouls.

Grant - at fault completely for second, but stunning save to stop a fourth.

OMG - very poor and at fault for third.

Ward - started lively, drifted out if the game and a major sulk when he got subbed. Hate that attitude.

Hendrick - seemed a rabbit in headlights.

The changer of the game was a cultural change bought about by the subs. Wh became attacking by the nature of the players on he pitch. Rotherham dropped back, and this allowed Bryson and Hughes to have freedoms by which point them dominated the game.

Lingaard ( and to a degree Dawkins but Dawkins needs to move more without the ball) drove at the defence and tried to get behind theme we were patient and passed the ball across the pitch to find the openings but then many of these opportunities broke down when the ball landed at Christie.

This Saturday, would love to see Shotton, Albentosa if fit, Russell if fit (if not, Lingaard, then Dawkins) and Bryson all back in. Reward those who are playing well and drop those who misperformed.

However, point gained. We were three one down and we got a point. There was a desire by the players to get that point and try and win although not many clear cut chances after we got the equaliser.

Moans - not just the M1 roadworks, but they closed the slip road onto the M1 for fans leaving the game. Jesus, is there no communication. 3000 Derby fans in Rotherham, can't we wait until 11 to close the road.

The stadium only has two ways in, and parking on the other side of the river makes a long walk!

At 3-1 down I thought to myself that if we are going to do anything this season we need the mentality & passion to turn this around. We turned it. UTR.

I was pleased that this time schteve acted more swiftly and ended up with lingard, bent, ince, bryson, hughes and dawkins all on the pitch at the same time.

When you are chasing goals they seem to offer the most threat at the moment.

I am probably going to get a lot os stick for this, but I have reservations about how we are set up. Without a proper defensive midfielder, and when persisting with full backs allowed to move so far forward, the two CB's are pulled around all over the place when the other team breaks forward, consequently making them look worse than they actually are. When Eustace has played, for all his lack of mobility, he binds the centre pairing together, and allows them to play their roles, because he is filling the gap.

I really think that Mac has to have a bit of a rethink tactically until his preferred troops are available. Going forward, I think we are well covered, and the players are capable of making any number of systems work. 

For all that, it is still great to see that the team are capable of getting something out of adversity, as this actually speaks volumes for the spirit in the camp.  COYR.

I am probably going to get a lot os stick for this, but I have reservations about how we are set up. Without a proper defensive midfielder, and when persisting with full backs allowed to move so far forward, the two CB's are pulled around all over the place when the other team breaks forward, consequently making them look worse than they actually are. When Eustace has played, for all his lack of mobility, he binds the centre pairing together, and allows them to play their roles, because he is filling the gap.

I really think that Mac has to have a bit of a rethink tactically until his preferred troops are available. Going forward, I think we are well covered, and the players are capable of making any number of systems work. 

For all that, it is still great to see that the team are capable of getting something out of adversity, as this actually speaks volumes for the spirit in the camp.  COYR.

I'm not sure why you'd get stick for this. Seems very reasonable. Eustace would be playing if he was fit.

I'm not sure why you'd get stick for this. Seems very reasonable. Eustace would be playing if he was fit.

I did think that Warnock would be ideally suited for this role until the usual suspects were available again, but he did seem a bit slow, and agricultural ( Leeds legacy? ) in his methods on Saturday, although that was probably down to lack of match fitness, and an unfamiliarity with the system, rather than anything else.

I hope McClaren realises the error of his ways by playing Christie at right back. The back 4 looks a lot more solid with Shotton at RB. Plus you have the exrra threat of his long throws.

Also how long are we going to persist with Thorne on the bench hoping that the game pans out in such a way that we can bring him on? Thats 2 games gone now where we havent been able to bring him on. The only way he is going to get match fitness is by playing games. Hes been in training for weeks now and his played 45, 70 and 90 minutes. Im sure hes ready to start.

Also Jamie Ward. Him being in the side means a better player Lingard is on the bench. In recent games Ward has been a passenger. Time for him to drop out the side. Lingard offers us more pace and a better goalscoring threat.

I also think that we need to pick a settled side or at the very least a settled back 4.

Grant, Shotton, Keogh, Buxton, Forsyth, Thorne, Bryson, Hughes, Lingard, Ince, Bent.

That would be by line up for Saturday and every game after that unless changes are enforced or a player is not performing.

That side will see us over the finishing line. Thorne is integral and the sooner we get him in the better.

Im hoping to see Albentosa on the bench soon. If thr back 4 gives anymore goals away like last night then he needs to come in for Buxton or Keogh. That is the only change I would potentially make to the back 4.

Anyone see the small group of Rams fans to the left in the 'main stand' last night?

Anyway... was me!

Great view of the Rams fans last night...

IMG_9097

Then after the game... we signed their man of the match!  :rolleyes:

(obviously my identity needs to remain unknown)  :ph34r:

IMG_9120

Why folks are getting into a tizzy about why we aren't going to get promoted to spend a season in the Premiership anchored in the bottom 3 places is beyond me

Because they want the thrill of knowing that DCFC will be earning something like 150m per annum with the new tv deal and spending over 100m of that on a collection of hopefuls and has-beens to maintain their place on the gravy train.

Anyone see the small group of Rams fans to the left in the 'main stand' last night?

Anyway... was me!

Great view of the Rams fans last night...

<a  class=http://s25.postimg.org/w1ael3jxr/IMG_9097" />

Oooh can see me on there, front row to the right of E in the corner, tall guy next to bald guy.....God I'm good looking

Archived