Rotherham United v Derby County

AmericanRam

Extremely frustrating! We have to start taking this league by the scruff of the neck. I am going to wait to see how boro get on tomorrow before I decide how I feel, but lets not forget Bournemouth drew their game on saturday so we haven't lost any ground on them.

I say go with the team that ended tonights game except play Shotton and not Christie against Sheffield Wednesday. We need to start imposing ourselves on teams and stop letting teams raise their game above ours. If teams can raise their games to match us we can surely raise ours to dominate teams like rotherham.

Hendrick and Ward need to be dropped as they both need a kick up the back side.

We keep saying we have the best team in the league, we need to start showing it, defensively at least.

Roll on Saturday!

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope this result manages some people's expectations on here

I'm not sure it needs to.

We're not Barcelona, so we're not going to win every game in the league.

But there is no reason why we can't go up automatically. I expect us to, as i think we have the best set-up (manager and players) in the league.

What's happened to our defence? Conceded seven goals in the last three games. It certainly won't be good enough for promotion if it continues.

Think you can discount Saturday, down to 10 men and going for the win.

How many of the 5 goals were down to individual shockers? Buxton last week against Bournemouth, Grant and Mascarell tonight. 

On the train home, only Hughes and Ince come out with any credit, everybody else was well below par. Keogh and Buxton were ******* abject.

Poor following as well, ***** atmosphere and loads of moaning old ******** having a pop at young lads for standing up. Shout out to the 'derby fan' who threw a pint in a fellow fans face before the game, hope you get your head caved in.

Massive anti climax and a big opportunity missed

McClaren won't change Buxton and Keogh, I don't think. Perhaps people need to spread their anger to McClaren? 

You can blame players all they want, but it's the manager that keeps picking them. If, as some are saying, Buxton and Keogh are ***** then McClaren is a really poor manager for playing them, surely? They can only play to their ability. 

Fair play to Rotherham, they were playing Elephant Stone just then as Ramage was talking.

Never mind our defending, sounds to me like they were too busy dancing about in their flarey jeans to Elephant Stone calling all the Rotherham players, amatures, amateurs, amatures........and as for Rotherham playing Elephant Stone whilst putting 3 past us.......well as ariotofmyown says fair play to em!.......was Paul Green on the decks?....was Mat Derbyshire chucking paint all over the shop........anyway it's not where your from Rotherham, it's where your at and we are still 2nd, so a good point, and those that don't think so, can keep chasing the Fools Gold!

Indeed.

I see you edited your post but I'm going to reply anyway. Why are the chances we'd probably finish third unless we have a defence AND attack in the top two?

Last season Leicester had second best attack and third best defence yet they won the league by 9 points. Burnley had the third best attack but finished second.

2012/13: Cardiff won the league by 8 points but had the second best attack and defence. Hull finished second despite having the 13th best attack. Peterborough got relegated and scored 5 more than them. They also had the 4th best defence. So 13th best attack and 4th best defence yet still finished second.

2011/12: Reading won the league. They had the 5th best attack but the best defence. Southampton had the best attack yet the third best defence and finished 2nd.

I could go on, but pretty much, you don't need to have the best attack and best defence. And if you go by recent trends, having both areas with in the top three in the division would suggest top two. That's unless the two teams with the better defences and attacks than us are above us of course, but they are not.

McClaren won't change Buxton and Keogh, I don't think. Perhaps people need to spread their anger to McClaren?

You can blame players all they want, but it's the manager that keeps picking them. If, as some are saying, Buxton and Keogh are ***** then McClaren is a really poor manager for playing them, surely? They can only play to their ability.

McClaren is poor then ? Let us go back to the Clough days then :-) let us all calm down a bit, we have the third best defence in the league, only the second time we have conceded more than two in the league ? To come back from 3-1 is good at any level, and thoe players who scored are loan signings picked up by the current management team, which is therefore good management. Onwards :-)

This league is pretty unforgiving, sometimes, you've just got to dust yourselves down and be ready to go again for the next game. I expect one or two changes will be made.

A point under the circumstances is not a bad result. Onwards and upwards.

Ewe Rams!

Well if we had the 3rd best defence and the 3rd best attack I would expect us to be higher than 3rd. I think with ince and bent plus a fit martin and Russell we would have the best attack. Our defence only looks good cos we don't often come under pressure.

We are higher than 3rd. Come tomorrow we might not be, but 24 hours ago I expected us to be top right now. If Boro lose at Birmingham then what?

Well if we had the 3rd best defence and the 3rd best attack I would expect us to be higher than 3rd. I think with ince and bent plus a fit martin and Russell we would have the best attack. Our defence only looks good cos we don't often come under pressure.

That is a really interesting point. You couldn't be more wrong, but it's an interesting point. 

Derby have made 1044 clearances this season. Middlesbrough 670, Bournemouth 723 and Norwich 664. 

How you can say they don't come under much pressure is quite bizarre. 

I'm not sure it needs to.

We're not Barcelona, so we're not going to win every game in the league.

But there is no reason why we can't go up automatically. I expect us to, as i think we have the best set-up (manager and players) in the league.

I agree we are not Barcelona but some people on here think we have a divine right to get promoted. We shipped 3 goals tonight as we're not good enough am suck of hearing why aren't we strolling the league like Leicester last season maybe it's because we're not that good

Archived