Rotherham United v Derby County

AmericanRam

Grant. .. 6 .. Usual top class performance apart from his rare error ..

Christie .. 5 .. Lacking the confidence to go past opposing full back at present ..

Keogh .. 6 .. Some good tackles , doesn't deserve some of the harsh criticism ..

Buxton .. 6 .. Needs to cut out some of the 'wrestling' ..

Forsyth .. 6 .. Some good forward runs , but also some 'dead ends' ..

Mascarell .. 6 .. Not his best game , but some of the criticism not justified ..

Hughes .. 7 .. A bit off colour by his high standards , but redeemed himself in last 25 mins. by a game controlling masterclass ..

Hendrick .. 4 .. The 'invisible man' , where was he ?

Ince .. 7 .. Always a threat , hard worker , and two great goals ; an inspired loan signing ..

Bent .. 6 .. A good 'plan B' signing and an excellent goalscorer , but no substitute for the contribution that Chris Martin brings to the game , missing him badly ( probably why Hughes looked a bit lost for much of

the game ..

Ward .. 4 .. Doesn't fit our 'template' any more , a 'one trick pony' performance , and old dogs don't learn new tricks ..

Bryson .. 6 .. A much better showing than his last half dozen or so appearances ..

Dawkins .. 7 .. Brought some intelligent hold up play to our game , and must start in preference to Jamie on Saturday ..

Lingard .. 7 .. Full of energy and invention , and made a strong case for a starting place Saturday ..

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going back through this thread... some of you are tragic.

That's it! Play offs it is

We'll never survive the PL

Forget autos if we can't even beat Rotherham

Whine whine whine.

Firstly we're still very much in the hunt for promotion. We have the same points as Bournemouth who drew at home to Huddersfield. Have look who they have lost to this season

Behind us are Ipswich and Boro. That's Boro who barely got away from Bloomfield Rd with 3 points and Ipswich who lost 2-0 away to? Yep. Rotherham.

We'll never survive the PL? Well no. Not this season because we aren't in it. Maybe we'll have a better idea this time next year if we're in the PL with at least a handful of different players from what we have now. Yes, that's right!! If promoted we will probably still be allowed to buy players. I wonder if Southampton are worried about the Champions League?

Honestly you sound like women with PMS.

Let's take 1 game in February and use that to define our season. Do you react to all life's knock backs with such tragic overreaction?

We've had;

McClaren tinkers too much followed by advice to drop Buxton, Keogh, Mascarell, Grant, Christie, Hendrick...

You've got Forest fans like notts_ram who still hasn't been outed yet (boy I'm going to wish I could see your face if we get promoted) only posting when we're losing.

You've got Valleyram who clearly is in love with Bryson.

Just go back and have a read. It's hilarious watching people chuck themselves off a cliff.

We're doomed. I don't care if we win on Saturday now. This season died for me tonight. Bring on the play offs. And I hope we lose them because we'll never survive the Premiership. It's all a waste of time.

Nigel Clough's barmy army!!!

Jeez, talk about the negatives by all means. But put down the razor blades and the sperm drenched poster of your favourite player.

Going back through this thread... some of you are tragic.

That's it! Play offs it is

We'll never survive the PL

Forget autos if we can't even beat Rotherham

Whine whine whine.

Firstly we're still very much in the hunt for promotion. We have the same points as Bournemouth who drew at home to Huddersfield. Have look who they have lost to this season

Behind us are Ipswich and Boro. That's Boro who barely got away from Bloomfield Rd with 3 points and Ipswich who lost 2-0 away to? Yep. Rotherham.

We'll never survive the PL? Well no. Not this season because we aren't in it. Maybe we'll have a better idea this time next year if we're in the PL with at least a handful of different players from what we have now. Yes, that's right!! If promoted we will probably still be allowed to buy players. I wonder if Southampton are worried about the Champions League?

Honestly you sound like women with PMS.

Let's take 1 game in February and use that to define our season. Do you react to all life's knock backs with such tragic overreaction?

We've had;

McClaren tinkers too much followed by advice to drop Buxton, Keogh, Mascarell, Grant, Christie, Hendrick...

You've got Forest fans like notts_ram who still hasn't been outed yet (boy I'm going to wish I could see your face if we get promoted) only posting when we're losing.

You've got Valleyram who clearly is in love with Bryson.

Just go back and have a read. It's hilarious watching people chuck themselves off a cliff.

We're doomed. I don't care if we win on Saturday now. This season died for me tonight. Bring on the play offs. And I hope we lose them because we'll never survive the Premiership. It's all a waste of time.

Nigel Clough's barmy army!!!

Jeez, talk about the negatives by all means. But put down the razor blades and the sperm drenched poster of your favourite player.

you're my favourite poster on here... But believe me... I won't drench you with man porridge....

you're my favourite poster on here... But believe me... I won't drench you with man porridge....

Why not? Is it the terrible beard? I'll shave it off. It's taken me 29 years to grow it but like MeatLoaf I'll do anything for (man)love.

You've got Forest fans like notts_ram who still hasn't been outed yet (boy I'm going to wish I could see your face if we get promoted)[/quote ]

For the record I like your posts at least you bother to quantify your arguments with some details, you take the time to map out a coherent argument rather than one liner responses. Which is why am a little surprised by your reply in this instance, you've let yourself down by posting something that is totally factually incorrect.

Why not? Is it the terrible beard? I'll shave it off. It's taken me 29 years to grow it but like MeatLoaf I'll do anything for (man)love.

But I won't do that... ;)

Reading the posts from those who went I'm even more surprised we started with ward when we have Dawkins and lingard. Excellent assist by lingard. Thought these two looked lively against reading until we went down to 10 men. As for christie he would have been in my starting 11. We can't ignore the assists from fozzy and Christie which have been worth at least 10 goals this season. If shotton plays maybe should be at centre back..disappointing result but we seem quite hard to beat only 1 loss in 9 games now, and we did comeback well last night.

Frustrating and disappointing game, forget the rubbish that Reading being a missed opportunity last night was a real missed opportunity.

Rotherham were nothing special as shown by their league position, sadly Derby wasn't either, saying that I've seen much much worse performances so I'm not off into Frogggs knive thread yet and despite what you read in this thread our season isn't over, last night didn't guarentee us 3rd place nor did Bournemouths point against Huddersfield guarentee them anything.

Hugely disappointing that we didn't start playing until we were 3-1 down, Rotherham playing narrow forced us to play wide which was a problem given that Christie couldn't beat an egg last night, saying that he wasn't given much support either.

I know it's hard for some after an embarrassing draw that will make the headlines in the sports pages all over the world to look at the postivies, but for Tom Ince with this huge attitude problem to bag another two I'd be tempted to lock him in a room with Paul Ince and brainwash him into joining like we did with Thorne.

I'd also like to ask the bloke that was stood next to me why so much hatred for Pringle, so much so at one corner his passionate "go back to Ilkeston you ******* gypo, you're ******* **** get back in your caravan" I had a nice face full of spit. Have I missed something? Maybe he ate his hamster.

Also found it amusing to see one get kicked out above me, clearly the shandy went to his head as he spent the entire first half giving the big I am to 4 kids that have barely started puberty. Must have been bored due to the lack of entertainment on the pitch.

Just flicked through a few more pages of this tosh after a good nights sleep. Thanks to Alpha for his dissection particularly of Valley Ram who I think must be half Scottish half Clingon. But the post of the last 12 hours goes to the ever sensible Jourdan who points out that we have had 6 wins, 3 draws and 1 (last minute) loss in our last 10 games. Promotion form. As the ratchet tightens over the coming weeks, and it will for all the teams, I will be very happy with another 21 from 30 return. Not only should it be enough to keep us in the automatics, it will keep all the wrist slashers, doomsayers, assorted loonies, Americans and the President of the Craig Bryson Appreciation Society right on the edge of their keyboards. Comedy gold.

Archived