Rotherham United v Derby County

AmericanRam

How anyone can say that shipping 3 goals away to Rotherham is anything other than horrific is beyond me the only bright point is that we avoided a defeat

FACE FACTS KEOGH JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE PROMOTIONAL RACE,SCORING 3 AGAINST ROTHERHAM DOESN0T CUT THE MUSTARD.GOALS WILL BE ALOT HARDER TO COME BY IN THE PREMIERSHIP and a lot easier to concede. Would love to Albentosa in the first team and see if he can meet expectations. What ever way you look at it we have kept Bournmouth in with a shout for automatic promotion and Middlesborough a chance to make a break. All in all a very poor result, considering the disappointment at the week end thought we might have gone out and proved something tonight. I know my expectations are high but considering the league positions of both clubs ,the apparent squad available to us ,the quality of coaching staff and level of management these are must win games. No excuses Rotherham will probably be disappointed in not having won having lead through out the game and who would blame them. Shame on Derby and severe question mark against Ward and Keogh.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never mind our defending, sounds to me like they were too busy dancing about in their flarey jeans to Elephant Stone calling all the Rotherham players, amatures, amateurs, amatures........and as for Rotherham playing Elephant Stone whilst putting 3 past us.......well as ariotofmyown says fair play to em!.......was Paul Green on the decks?....was Mat Derbyshire chucking paint all over the shop........anyway it's not where your from Rotherham, it's where your at and we are still 2nd, so a good point, and those that don't think so, can keep chasing the Fools Gold!

Yeah but what the resurrection from 3-1 down. I still adore them.

Defending was woeful tonight it was hard to watch. i amongst others think that this is what will cost us automatic promotion. The third goal had everything that you don't want to see when it comes to being a solid side. Lack of awareness from Omar and keogh steaming In, instead of holding his man up . It was too easy for them to score, when will we see Albentosa again. Christie was also poor tonight, I feel more comfortable with shotton in the side. Overall it was pleasing to see ince and bent score again, without them we would have lost that game.

Shows how much we're missing Eustace - we're vastly more solid with him in there.

Bent and Ince are scoring the goals (and more) that we got from Bamford when going through a sticky patch this time last year. Great acquisitions.

How I'm sure everyone wishes Albentosa had arrived firing on all cylinders and could have taken the back four up another level.

The mistake that most people called was not playing Dawkins from the start - without Martin he's our ball-retaining forward.

Missing Thorne, Martin, Eustace, Albentosa, but hanging in there. I don't want us to be relying on Thorne to take us up a gear and start churning our wins - I'd love to save him for next season. But we can't keep giving our rivals the chance to gain ground on us. One time we'll look and they'll be a few points clear and it'll be too late. Very disappointed with the first hour. Time to shape up for the run-in and get busy winning some football matches.

Extremely frustrating! We have to start taking this league by the scruff of the neck. I am going to wait to see how boro get on tomorrow before I decide how I feel, but lets not forget Bournemouth drew their game on saturday so we haven't lost any ground on them.

I say go with the team that ended tonights game except play Shotton and not Christie against Sheffield Wednesday. We need to start imposing ourselves on teams and stop letting teams raise their game above ours. If teams can raise their games to match us we can surely raise ours to dominate teams like rotherham.

Hendrick and Ward need to be dropped as they both need a kick up the back side.

We keep saying we have the best team in the league, we need to start showing it, defensively at least.

Roll on Saturday!

I hope this result manages some people's expectations on here

Try praying ... hope is nowhere near enough

We have new players, a new team. We wanted to strengthen and we did. It will take a couple of games to realise our best team.

Raul and his fitness issues has been a blow......but into the team he must come shortly.

For me Lingard to start (or Dawkins) alongside Ince

That gives us a whole new front three. A very good front three. But a new front three for next couple of games.

Defensive silly errors need eliminating, and all errors etc will be duly being noted. You can't give soft goals away in any league.

Team spirit is fine ...... And I imagine we will soon be seeing George Thorne in the team again. Maybe not starting, but getting close to a 20minute runout.

Top three, GT in first team for last 10 games, the list of attacking options we have ......... There is no reason we can't finish top two. We just do not need to panic.

That is a really interesting point. You couldn't be more wrong, but it's an interesting point. 

Derby have made 1044 clearances this season. Middlesbrough 670, Bournemouth 723 and Norwich 664. 

How you can say they don't come under much pressure is quite bizarre. 

That's maybe because we have played many games without a proper D/M , I have not seen the game tonight but sounds like they had the better in midfield  .

McClaren is poor then ? Let us go back to the Clough days then :-) let us all calm down a bit, we have the third best defence in the league, only the second time we have conceded more than two in the league ? To come back from 3-1 is good at any level, and thoe players who scored are loan signings picked up by the current management team, which is therefore good management. Onwards :-)

You may have missed my sarcasm. I think Buxton and Keogh are good enough and have proven it consistently enough over the last two seasons. However, if you don't think they're good enough, then your gripe now has to be with McClaren, not the two in question. 

Both players give everything and can't be faulted for effort, but they are what they are. What they are depends on your own personal opinion. 

But, I would say like a few on here, instead of abusing Keogh and Buxton for not being better players, you need to blame McClaren for picking them. It's his fault that they're playing so much. 

You can't rate McClaren if you think the two CBs he is putting out are not good enough. He's had three transfer windows now, so if he didn't rate them then they would have gone and replacements would have come in. That's what my point is. 

You've got to blame McClaren for picking them, not Buxton and Keogh for not being something they're not.

In fact, he gave both of them new long deals too. So, surely it's a case of blaming McClaren? IF you don't think they're good enough.  

Defending was woeful tonight it was hard to watch. i amongst others think that this is what will cost us automatic promotion. The third goal had everything that you don't want to see when it comes to being a solid side. Lack of awareness from Omar and keogh steaming In, instead of holding his man up . It was too easy for them to score, when will we see Albentosa again. Christie was also poor tonight, I feel more comfortable with shotton in the side. Overall it was pleasing to see ince and bent score again, without them we would have lost that game.

Is this Luke the same Luke from the podcast? Agree on Shotton, he's really looked the part at right back. 

Boro wont lose tomorrow, they will do what we failed to and seize the opportunity to go top. I firnly believe they are the team to grab onto 1st spot now and hold onto it, maybe even pull away 

Birmingham will win, Derb. It's in the cards and Boro will be knackered from that Arsenal game.

Try praying ... hope is nowhere near enough

We have new players, a new team. We wanted to strengthen and we did. It will take a couple of games to realise our best team.

Raul and his fitness issues has been a blow......but into the team he must come shortly.

For me Lingard to start (or Dawkins) alongside Ince

That gives us a whole new front three. A very good front three. But a new front three for next couple of games.

Defensive silly errors need eliminating, and all errors etc will be duly being noted. You can't give soft goals away in any league.

Team spirit is fine ...... And I imagine we will soon be seeing George Thorne in the team again. Maybe not starting, but getting close to a 20minute runout.

Top three, GT in first team for last 10 games, the list of attacking options we have ......... There is no reason we can't finish top two. We just do not need to panic.

Add to that, the return of Martin and Russell. Attacking wise I have no worries. No need to panic, none at all.

Boro wont lose tomorrow, they will do what we failed to and seize the opportunity to go top. I firnly believe they are the team to grab onto 1st spot now and hold onto it, maybe even pull away 

That all depends on how they fare when they hit their tough run, but I expect them to be one of the top two regardless of tomorrow's result. Just hope we're the other side.

FACE FACTS KEOGH JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE PROMOTIONAL RACE,SCORING 3 AGAINST ROTHERHAM DOESN0T CUT THE MUSTARD.GOALS WILL BE ALOT HARDER TO COME BY IN THE PREMIERSHIP and a lot easier to concede. Would love to Albentosa in the first team and see if he can meet expectations. What ever way you look at it we have kept Bournmouth in with a shout for automatic promotion and Middlesborough a chance to make a break. All in all a very poor result, considering the disappointment at the week end thought we might have gone out and proved something tonight. I know my expectations are high but considering the league positions of both clubs ,the apparent squad available to us ,the quality of coaching staff and level of management these are must win games. No excuses Rotherham will probably be disappointed in not having won having lead through out the game and who would blame them. Shame on Derby and severe question mark against Ward and Keogh.

What has the Premier League got to do with anything about tonight?

IF/When we get to the Premier League we will buy players and the squad will change, so there is no point even talking about it now.

As for your point - why does conceding three against Rotherham away mean Keogh isn't good enough? He's been a part of a team that has kept 15 clean sheets in 31 games.

And if you're going to be selective, why not look at Boro. The team with the best defensive record, but the team which conceded THREE goals on their own patch to the worst scoring team in the league - Sheffield Wednesday.

Why not make the point how they're not good enough?

Or the point how Bournemouth lost 1-2 to Forest and then 3-2 to Blackburn (conceding 5) in the space of three days? Not good enoguh either I assume?

Have you studied the goals we conceded tonight ?

Why Keogh to be dropped ? You rate Bucko higher ?

And .....most pertinently do you actually think (as in you will bet me money) that McClaren will drop Keogh this Saturday........

Do you think you know more about team selection than McClaren ?

Archived