Rotherham United v Derby County

AmericanRam

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boro wont lose tomorrow, they will do what we failed to and seize the opportunity to go top. I firnly believe they are the team to grab onto 1st spot now and hold onto it, maybe even pull away

I agree we threw away a great opportunity tonight ,one which borough wont, they are very sound defensivly and take their chances in front of goal, ok not as exciting as a 6 goal thriller ,but they will do the job

For all those who wondered what Eustace offered the side, I remind you of the past three games. We don't provide defensive cover from midfield. 

We also miss his leadership and organisational skills. Keogh has strengths but he's not a leader.

I agree that Shotton should play over Christie and that Albentosa, having been poached for a good fee, should play.

However, I'm not panicking yet. Although we nearly cocked it up, we showed great character to come back. The old Derby might have crumbled. Good that we have true goalscorers.

I agree we threw away a great opportunity tonight ,one which borough wont, they are very sound defensivly and take their chances in front of goal, ok not as exciting as a 6 goal thriller ,but they will do the job

Yup, agreed. They will have seen our result tonight and rubbed their hands, win tomorrow, 3 points clear top of the league 

That is a really interesting point. You couldn't be more wrong, but it's an interesting point. 

Derby have made 1044 clearances this season. Middlesbrough 670, Bournemouth 723 and Norwich 664. 

How you can say they don't come under much pressure is quite bizarre. 

Did you personally count everyone of them?And what conclusions should we draw from them?And

have you got nothing better to do?

You may have missed my sarcasm. I think Buxton and Keogh are good enough and have proven it consistently enough over the last two seasons. However, if you don't think they're good enough, then your gripe now has to be with McClaren, not the two in question. 

Both players give everything and can't be faulted for effort, but they are what they are. What they are depends on your own personal opinion. 

But, I would say like a few on here, instead of abusing Keogh and Buxton for not being better players, you need to blame McClaren for picking them. It's his fault that they're playing so much. 

You can't rate McClaren if you think the two CBs he is putting out are not good enough. He's had three transfer windows now, so if he didn't rate them then they would have gone and replacements would have come in. That's what my point is. 

You've got to blame McClaren for picking them, not Buxton and Keogh for not being something they're not. 

My worry with both of them, is not so much their ability, but their mental strength, can they handle the pressure. In the big matches they are making mistakes. I think we need a calmer head in there, something neither of those two are.

As always Steve McLaren summed things up. 60 minutes not good enough, not enough desire & poor defending (as a team). 30 minutes superb. Hendrick & Ward will probably be on the bench now for a few games. I would say Mascarell as well but I am not sure if George is up to starting just yet. Big call for the management team. Depends what they see in training I suppose.

For all those who wondered what Eustace offered the side, I remind you of the past three games. We don't provide defensive cover from midfield. 

We also miss his leadership and organisational skills. Keogh has strengths but he's not a leader.

I agree that Shotton should play over Christie and that Albentosa, having been poached for a good fee, should play.

However, I'm not panicking yet. Although we nearly cocked it up, we showed great character to come back. The old Derby might have crumbled. Good that we have true goalscorers.

You can score as many goals as you want but if you can't defend it's for nothing. Also we are over 2/3rds of the way though the season now. We are running out of time to think its okay to keep being inconsistent.

Leicester QPR Burnley

QPR owner thinks burning money will solve his problems.

Leicester didn't know the right time to get rid of a bad manager

Burnley didn't spend any money.

We have the right set up not to mess things up too much. Look at Swansea, Stoke and Southampton, we should aspire to be like them.

Did you personally count everyone of them?And what conclusions should we draw from them?And

have you got nothing better to do?

It took me less than two minutes - it's not exactly difficult when you have access to an opta database. 

I clicked three buttons, pressed go, got a table with all 24 Championship sides and the amount of clearances they have made. 

The conclusion was obvious but if you didn't understand it in as many words as I gave then it's going to be fairly difficult to explain to you. 

Archived