Rotherham United v Derby County

AmericanRam

Just watched the 'extended' highlights on Ramsplayer, the move with Dawkins and Ince on the right hand side is excellent, really should have scored it. Dawkins is quality.

Matt Derbyshire should have scored the header in the last minute.

Onwards and upwards, we'll still finish top two.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watching the extended highlights. I have to say with all 3 goals we conceded - i'm getting flashbacks of 07/08.

What on earth.

That's sorted then.

It's all Darren Moore's fault

Its difficult to comprehend how Green was left so completely alone for his goal.  Everyone seemed to be taking up their positions in the back four, yet neither Hendrick or Bent had the nouce to follow Green and defend the header in but they play like it wasnt their responsibility.

I've just finished watching the full 90 on Ramsplayer and have to say that I am surprised - I don't think anyone played badly at all, maybe Ward. Okay, some were more at the races than others and no one was outstanding throughout but ultimately, I don't think it was a bad performance. 

Rotherham were superb, much better than Bournemouth against us on the day. They moved the ball around quickly and always had an option to pass to. I think you've got to tip your hat to them, they put in a fantastic performance and played a great game of football. Ward, on their side, was outstanding. 

Grant - 5 - He's done his usual good stuff, made one very good save, but should have kept the score down to just one. 

Christie - 5 - For all the aftermath to his performance, he really hasn't done that badly at all. He has largely stopped his man from hitting the byline and he's offered an extra man in attack. He was far from at his best, though. 

Keogh - 7 - If it had not been for the third, he would have been deserving for an 8 or higher. He offered an outlet from the back, didn't lose the ball, and won a large percentage of his battles. Good performance.

Buxton - 5 - He had a bad time with Ward, who has played excellent, but has still put in a respectable shift. He's not been at his best, but again, far from the worst performance in the world.

Forsyth - 6 - controlled his side well, much better following the substitutions as he had someone to pass to rather than at, and offered an outlet throughout. He was wasteful and careless at times, but did his fundamental jobs.

Mascarell - 6 - bar the header downwards, he offered protection to the backline and put in a number of interceptions and tackles and was useful in Rotherham's aerial bombardment at times. He did give the ball away more than usual but also started off a number of our attacks.

Hughes - 7 - he played well. He was much better in the second half but was always looking to get on the ball, offer something, and give an outlet.

Hendrick - 5 - someone described him as the invisible man and I concur. If there was two players I would say had bad games, it would be Hendrick and Ward. Hendrick was very good ON the ball but offer absolutely nothing off it. No real attacking threat or defensive help. Disappointing rather than poor. 

Ince - 8 MOTM - battled well, offered himself out and scored two good goals. He's an intelligent player, who looks every bit a top Premier League player in our system. I don't see where it will end for him, either, if you get him the ball in those positions then he shows his true ability.

Ward - 4 - lost the ball, a lot. he never really offered anything and when he got a chance, he put in an horrific effort. He hasn't really been at his best since his return. I think he needs a rest to reflect in his performance levels.

Bent - 5 - He's scored the all important goal but he has put himself in a hole for the majority of the game. At Derby, he has shown that he can peel off defenders and do the build up part as well as the stuff inside the box. He needs to show for the ball a lot more. It's a great goal, though. 

Dawkins, Bryson and Lingard - 7 - all offered an edge, something different, and helped us win the game. All three deserve to start, but I think Lingard may be benched again, while Bryson and Dawkins return. 

In summary, don't believe what you read on here (apart from mine of course) and from Radio Derby. 

I've just finished watching the full 90 on Ramsplayer and have to say that I am surprised - I don't think anyone played badly at all, maybe Ward. Okay, some were more at the races than others and no one was outstanding throughout but ultimately, I don't think it was a bad performance. 

Rotherham were superb, much better than Bournemouth against us on the day. They moved the ball around quickly and always had an option to pass to. I think you've got to tip your hat to them, they put in a fantastic performance and played a great game of football. Ward, on their side, was outstanding. 

Grant - 5 - He's done his usual good stuff, made one very good save, but should have kept the score down to just one. 

Christie - 5 - For all the aftermath to his performance, he really hasn't done that badly at all. He has largely stopped his man from hitting the byline and he's offered an extra man in attack. He was far from at his best, though. 

Keogh - 7 - If it had not been for the third, he would have been deserving for an 8 or higher. He offered an outlet from the back, didn't lose the ball, and won a large percentage of his battles. Good performance.

Buxton - 5 - He had a bad time with Ward, who has played excellent, but has still put in a respectable shift. He's not been at his best, but again, far from the worst performance in the world.

Forsyth - 6 - controlled his side well, much better following the substitutions as he had someone to pass to rather than at, and offered an outlet throughout. He was wasteful and careless at times, but did his fundamental jobs.

Mascarell - 6 - bar the header downwards, he offered protection to the backline and put in a number of interceptions and tackles and was useful in Rotherham's aerial bombardment at times. He did give the ball away more than usual but also started off a number of our attacks.

Hughes - 7 - he played well. He was much better in the second half but was always looking to get on the ball, offer something, and give an outlet.

Hendrick - 5 - someone described him as the invisible man and I concur. If there was two players I would say had bad games, it would be Hendrick and Ward. Hendrick was very good ON the ball but offer absolutely nothing off it. No real attacking threat or defensive help. Disappointing rather than poor. 

Ince - 8 MOTM - battled well, offered himself out and scored two good goals. He's an intelligent player, who looks every bit a top Premier League player in our system. I don't see where it will end for him, either, if you get him the ball in those positions then he shows his true ability.

Ward - 4 - lost the ball, a lot. he never really offered anything and when he got a chance, he put in an horrific effort. He hasn't really been at his best since his return. I think he needs a rest to reflect in his performance levels.

Bent - 5 - He's scored the all important goal but he has put himself in a hole for the majority of the game. At Derby, he has shown that he can peel off defenders and do the build up part as well as the stuff inside the box. He needs to show for the ball a lot more. It's a great goal, though. 

Dawkins, Bryson and Lingard - 7 - all offered an edge, something different, and helped us win the game. All three deserve to start, but I think Lingard may be benched again, while Bryson and Dawkins return. 

In summary, don't believe what you read on here (apart from mine of course) and from Radio Derby. 

Same as ambitious....

i watched the second half and i thought we were superb.

totally dominant throughout....even before the subs came on.

can't understand all the comments about christie having a shocker.......he was excellent.

Archived