AFC Bournemouth v Derby County

Mafiabob

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even the Bournemouth fans on their forum are trying to play the underdog card.

Not sure why they can't just accept they've got a really good team through buying players, selling some off for a bigger profit, buying more players, taking the gamble etc.

Their team is miles better than midtable fodder like Sheffield Wednesday and Blackburn.

And to get into that position, they've had to spend money, gamble. Everything they've done has worked, it's been great and they've not broken FFP doing it.

But the media, and a section of their fans, are making out they're still playing with a bunch of players plucked from the conference and ones who are doing exceptionally well to compete with the likes of Bolton ad their Emile Heskey and Eidur Gudjohnsson.

Feck off. They spent 3million on as striker. Regardless of where that money has come from, it's more than we've ever spent in the second division and only 500k off our transfer record.

Oh but despite all that... the fans and team are good. Get rid of Howe and drop the underdog stuff like Kermogant was on with and I'd quite like them.

Think we saw the two auto teams tonight

On form Middlesboro are difficult to bet against at the moment.

On form Middlesboro are difficult to bet against at the moment.

Yeah, I just don't fancy them with their few away games at promotion rivals.

Think it's one of the most exciting battles for promotion we've seen for a while. Usually when you're sitting high up like we were and then you put a run together of 8 or 9 clean sheets and pick up the points we have then you expect to be getting somewhere. Yet here we are in 3rd.

Can't even say that it's because no team is convincing. It's not down to inconsistency. It's just relentless from the top sides. Ipswich only has a little blip and they got left behind a little bit.

Got to admit, I can't see Watford losing many games from now until the end of the season.

They only have Derby and Wolves away of the top 12 left and Norwich, Boro,Ipswich, Burm and Sheff Wed at home.

9 of their last 16 matches are against bottom half opposition. 

And their next five  are Bolton (A)  Norwich (H), Rotherham (H), Leeds (A) Fulham (H). I can see them getting within four points or so off top spot after that lot.

Aside from that, by all means they've not played that great recently but over the past 11 matches they've also won 8. They're certainly not out of form put it that way.

A cracking comment from LTLF from the retard that is mattyfryattstummy, what a moron :lol:

From what I saw Bournemouth battered them, should of scored 3 or 4 tbh, Derby made to look pretty average tonight. Middlesboro and Watford for top 2, Bournemouth, Norwich, Wolves and Brentford for the play-offs, Derby to slip out the playoffs, still don't rate them at all and tonight proved they are crap imo.

We beat them and made them look piss poor

And the reply from one of their own

Mate there's rivalry then there's just complete and utter blind, bullshit, bitterness.

I'll let you decide which camp you're in.

:lol:

How many loan players must we have to compete this season?! From the match report on the Cherries fans forum, it seems Dawks is a "Liverpool loanee"!!

Recalled Ibe or Dawkins, you really don't spot the difference between them... maybe the writer doesn't follow much football?

Makes me laugh,

They say we played some of the best football they've seen, but only because they were below par.

Hold on, that's because we played some great possession football, attacking football, we didn't give them chance at times.

It's like us saying they did good, only because we switched off. No, they are a good pressing attacking side, it's ebb and flow, attack and defend.

Even the Bournemouth fans on their forum are trying to play the underdog card.

Not sure why they can't just accept they've got a really good team through buying players, selling some off for a bigger profit, buying more players, taking the gamble etc.

Their team is miles better than midtable fodder like Sheffield Wednesday and Blackburn.

And to get into that position, they've had to spend money, gamble. Everything they've done has worked, it's been great and they've not broken FFP doing it.

But the media, and a section of their fans, are making out they're still playing with a bunch of players plucked from the conference and ones who are doing exceptionally well to compete with the likes of Bolton ad their Emile Heskey and Eidur Gudjohnsson.

Feck off. They spent 3million on as striker. Regardless of where that money has come from, it's more than we've ever spent in the second division and only 500k off our transfer record.

I think your assessment is fair. We have moved on from the 4th divison days. Also we have the benefit of a Russian investor who has been there for a few years now, sits in the background quitely, backs the manager and doesn't cause a big fuss with nonsense like changing the club's colours or the club name. For the first time since I can remember we have a bit of money in our pockets so I hope other fans don't begrudge us that. Even when we have been successful in the past we haven't had a pot to p--s in. We have two big money signings; Wilson (

I really couldn't care less who said what and to whom.

The only thing that matters is that they could not beat a fellow promotion rival in their own backyard. Howe can spin that whichever way he wants for me.

As for the Daily Mail report, didn't they also deny the holocaust?

I can't stop reading that article. It's abysmal.

Why is there such desperation to make Bournemouth such a minnow?

Even down to mentioning ground capacity as if that has anything to do with anything

What an absolute terrible article.

"The big names of Derby"

Who? Tom Ince? Didn't help him get in mighty Hull's team. He admits himself his career has come off track a bit

Darren Bent? We pay a fraction of this unwanted Villa strikers wages. Yes that's right, unwanted by THE Aston Villa. I suppose Bolton should be up at the top with Barcelona's and Chelsea superstar and an England player with more caps than Bent.

Or maybe it's Will Hughes? That other big name we have. That we produced. From our academy.

Instead of spending a month offering Birmingham a pathetic

I really couldn't care less who said what and to whom.

The only thing that matters is that they could not beat a fellow promotion rival in their own backyard. Howe can spin that whichever way he wants for me.

As for the Daily Mail report, didn't they also deny the holocaust?

Maybe, they certainly supported the Nazi's before WW2 broke out. 

Morning guys.

Firstly let me say that I REALLY enjoyed last night and I also REALLY hated it lol what a match, I have no fingers left.

I wanted to pick up a few points mentioned above and further back in the thread. Firstly, we didn't play well at times. Thats not to say your players and performance didn't contribute to that. Derby are without doubt the best team to come down here in many a year. Liverpool were not as good as you in the cup this year. (although Ronaldo and Real Madrid might argue they are a bit better ;) ) But the first 15 mins we made simple, stupid mistakes without your players involved. Simple short passes going out of play. The inability to make the right decision. Thats why some of our fans were disapointed in the performance at times. Derby, of course, played well but the nerves got to us at the start and not you, which is a worry!! 

I think I mentioned before but it needs saying again. The medias "

Morning guys.

Firstly let me say that I REALLY enjoyed last night and I also REALLY hated it lol what a match, I have no fingers left.

I wanted to pick up a few points mentioned above and further back in the thread. Firstly, we didn't play well at times. Thats not to say your players and performance didn't contribute to that. Derby are without doubt the best team to come down here in many a year. Liverpool were not as good as you in the cup this year. (although Ronaldo and Real Madrid might argue they are a bit better ;) ) But the first 15 mins we made simple, stupid mistakes without your players involved. Simple short passes going out of play. The inability to make the right decision. Thats why some of our fans were disapointed in the performance at times. Derby, of course, played well but the nerves got to us at the start and not you, which is a worry!!

I think I mentioned before but it needs saying again. The medias "

Archived