AFC Bournemouth v Derby County

Mafiabob

Morning guys.

Firstly let me say that I REALLY enjoyed last night and I also REALLY hated it lol what a match, I have no fingers left.

I wanted to pick up a few points mentioned above and further back in the thread. Firstly, we didn't play well at times. Thats not to say your players and performance didn't contribute to that. Derby are without doubt the best team to come down here in many a year. Liverpool were not as good as you in the cup this year. (although Ronaldo and Real Madrid might argue they are a bit better ;) ) But the first 15 mins we made simple, stupid mistakes without your players involved. Simple short passes going out of play. The inability to make the right decision. Thats why some of our fans were disapointed in the performance at times. Derby, of course, played well but the nerves got to us at the start and not you, which is a worry!! 

I think I mentioned before but it needs saying again. The medias "

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest Bournemouth have been a welcome surprise.

Good football etc.

Eddie howe is not terribly popular in these parts - nothing to do with bournemouth - but because of a disgraceful timewasting, cheating, cynical Burnley performance at pride park which will unfortunately live long in the memory for anyone who witnessed it.

What is the rest of your squad like? Would you cope with an injury crisis?

I only ask as some believe (hope) that you may not have the strength in depth to maintain your present form.

Gosling, in my opinion, is the best player we have but he doesn't get in the starting 11 and is injured. He was also free ;) We have cover for every position in the team and many fans argue day and night over whch players should be starting. We made 10 changes against a strong West Brom side and beat them with our reserves playing the same brand of football the first team play.

The is one MASSIVE exception to that though. We have no direct replacement for Wilson. No one that does his type of role. Lose him for whatever reason and you can wave goodbye to our promotion push.

Oh but despite all that... the fans and team are good. Get rid of Howe and drop the underdog stuff like Kermogant was on with and I'd quite like them.

Think we saw the two auto teams tonight

Every single Bournemouth fan I spoke to after the game, on the bus back into town or in the pub afterwards was full of compliments towards Derby, suggesting that we were "

Back from the game. What an evening what an atmosphere & what a team. Sure there were a couple of errors at the back but overall we were brilliant. Not many sides will dominate Bournemouth like we did in parts this evening. Very optimistic regarding automatic promotion. Hughes & Hendrick were superb. Ince & Bent very good. Dawkins when he came on was so smooth it like watching honey run off a spoon. He made a huge difference with his ball retention when he came on. Made the Bent goal as well of course.

PS Some of the posts on here during the game are hilarious to look back on. No clue.

Player ratings, Scarlet?

Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe:

"We were below our best. We were not as sharp and positive as we usually are with our passing.

"In the end, even though we scored two great goals, the fact we did not get beaten was positive.

"It is a learning curve and I back the team to come back stronger for it. If we could have played anywhere near how we can the result would have been different.

"The next stage for us is to put our stamp on our rivals. I don't think we have done that against the sides we will be battling with at the end of the season."

I hate comments like this, proper arrogant and obviously impossible to tell. I like Bournemouth, but their manager is fast becoming one of those you start to despise. 

We played dogsh*t against Boro, you didnt see McClaren coming out with this BS after we lost.

In fact one of the reasons why we lost to Boro is because they pressed and didn't allow us to play, you could say the same for last night.

They were forced into mistakes.

We played dogsh*t against Boro, you didnt see McClaren coming out with this BS after we lost.

In fact one of the reasons why we lost to Boro is because they pressed and didn't allow us to play, you could say the same for last night.

They were forced into mistakes.

Not for the first 10 mins, simple and very poor mistakes by us. We didnt play how we can and that is certainly down to Derby in many instances but we also shot ourselves in the foot while under no pressure at others. Both teams had periods when we were in complete control, Derby more than Bournemouth.

The is one MASSIVE exception to that though. We have no direct replacement for Wilson. No one that does his type of role. Lose him for whatever reason and you can wave goodbye to our promotion push.

We said that about Martin, and now he's gone down for an indeterminate amount of time. My advice would be to see how we cope and that'll tell you more or less if you could cope without Wilson (although no offence of course but you wouldn't have Darren Bent waiting in the wings if Wilson went down so possibly a bit different)

Derby are a big club, there is nothing wrong with that. Fantastic support and a great stadium. We are small, we know that and there is nothing wrong with it either. Its the media like the mail that make a big deal of it. Our best team ever in over 100 years played you last night, yours might scrape a mention in your history books. we are in different places completely. All that matters is whats happening on the pitch right now and I think we should both be thrilled with our teams.

Amazing when you put it like that.

Grant - free

Christie 250k

Forsyth 150k

Keogh 1.2m

Buxton free

Mascarell - loan

Hughes - academy

Hendrick - academy

Ince - loan

Martin - free

Ward - 400k

Subs

Dawkins - 250k

Bent - loan

Think this is all that needs to be said when anyone tries to label us the new QPR

**** off Daily Mail. "News" paper? Lol

Archived