AFC Bournemouth v Derby County

Mafiabob

Thrilled with this result. 

I'm not concerned with our league position at this time. The fact that we got 1 point and Bournemouth didn't get 3 is far more important in terms of keeping us right up there and probably a bit demoralising for Bournemouth.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great game we deserved to win but it was a great game to watch - both sides sharp..shame about our defence for both goals, not on it..but we were always the better side yet they still had chances and you can see why they are where they are..

I personally think we are nailed on Champs as long as we keep our heads, this squad is starting to really show that they believe they are better than the rest..16 games left for everyone.. still not convinced about Middlesboro as a threat to us..only time will tell but I am 100% convinced we will win this league after watching them again tonight..

Tonight was always going to be tricky, not just the fact we had Bournemouth away but Boro and Ipswich had fixtures you would expect them to win.

I'm glad we didn't lose, and coming back twice shows great spirit.

Beat Rotherham and then we go into two home fixtures we should be winning and as a result I expect nine points from those three games will push us back in to the top two.

We will need favours elsewhere, but it is in our hands to get promoted.

Boro are doing incredibly well, but with games against Bournemouth, Derby, Watford and Norwich away it won't be easy for them.

That was a great game, even listening on the ramsplayer. Think it's better to have no streams rather than an intermittent silent stream.

I enjoyed the commentary, even if they say some daft stuff now and again. I like their little chats of at a tangent, I assume it's mostly when nowt is happening.

Some absoluye dross posted on this thread when we, would you beleieve it, conceeded first away at the top team in the league.

This cup game on Saturday could be a blessing. Bournemouth have got to raise themselves up for a must win home game, with pretty much the same side as tonight. We can rest a few players but still should be too strong for a poor Reading side.

After this and Ipswich away, have we cracked the difficult away games in terms of performance (eg Leicester, Burnley, Boro).

Not exactly certain without looking it up , but it think the last two times we have finished third we lost both games to the two  teams that finished above us,.

Well that won't happen this year.

4 points taken off Bournemouth.

That was a great game, even listening on the ramsplayer. Think it's better to have no streams rather than an intermittent silent stream.

I enjoyed the commentary, even if they say some daft stuff now and again. I like their little chats of at a tangent, I assume it's mostly when nowt is happening.

Some absoluye dross posted on this thread when we, would you beleieve it, conceeded first away at the top team in the league.

This cup game on Saturday could be a blessing. Bournemouth have got to raise themselves up for a must win home game, with pretty much the same side as tonight. We can rest a few players but still should be too strong for a poor Reading side.

After this and Ipswich away, have we cracked the difficult away games in terms of performance (eg Leicester, Burnley, Boro).

I'd like to hope so knowing we have Norwich away in March!

COYR

Norwich played well against us, but I think that was more down to us being off form than Norwich being anything special.

I'd back us to beat them over two legs, as I would Brentford and Watford.

But I do think the top six appear stronger this season. Watford and Brentford are much better than Brighton were last season. One of Boro, Bournemouth and Derby will finish in the playoffs and be of a much higher standard than QPR or Wigan last year.

I reckon 3rd place could finish on a record high points tally this season. Perhaps over 90.

Archived