AFC Bournemouth v Derby County

Mafiabob

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A draw seems a fair result.

We couldn't seem to handle Wilson, he seems to get better every time I see him though, quickly becoming one of the best forwards in the league.

2 well taken goals from us though.

Consdering we never took the lead, definitely 1 point gained rather than 2 points lost.

A draw seems a fair result.

We couldn't seem to handle Wilson, he seems to get better every time I see him though, quickly becoming one of the best forwards in the league.

2 well taken goals from us though.

Consdering we never took the lead, definitely 1 point gained rather than 2 points lost.

I agree. I'd rather face Grabban than I would Wilson, if they had Grabban in his place I think we'd have won. They used money they got for Grabban to buy Wilson too. Good business.

I agree. I'd rather face Grabban than I would Wilson, if they had Grabban in his place I think we'd have won. They used money they got for Grabban to buy Wilson too. Good business.

Compare Grabban at Norwich to Wilson at Bournemouth this season and you see exactly how good that particular bit of business was.

Wilson should be playing in the Prem next year, with Bournemouth or without.

Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe:

"We were below our best. We were not as sharp and positive as we usually are with our passing.

"In the end, even though we scored two great goals, the fact we did not get beaten was positive.

"It is a learning curve and I back the team to come back stronger for it. If we could have played anywhere near how we can the result would have been different.

"The next stage for us is to put our stamp on our rivals. I don't think we have done that against the sides we will be battling with at the end of the season."

I hate comments like this, proper arrogant and obviously impossible to tell. I like Bournemouth, but their manager is fast becoming one of those you start to despise. 

Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe:"We were below our best. We were not as sharp and positive as we usually are with our passing."In the end, even though we scored two great goals, the fact we did not get beaten was positive."It is a learning curve and I back the team to come back stronger for it. If we could have played anywhere near how we can the result would have been different."The next stage for us is to put our stamp on our rivals. I don't think we have done that against the sides we will be battling with at the end of the season." I hate comments like this, proper arrogant and obviously impossible to tell. I like Bournemouth, but their manager is fast becoming one of those you start to despise. 

Howe's rapidly becoming the new age Colin....

Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe:

"We were below our best. We were not as sharp and positive as we usually are with our passing.

"In the end, even though we scored two great goals, the fact we did not get beaten was positive.

"It is a learning curve and I back the team to come back stronger for it. If we could have played anywhere near how we can the result would have been different.

"The next stage for us is to put our stamp on our rivals. I don't think we have done that against the sides we will be battling with at the end of the season."

I hate comments like this, proper arrogant and obviously impossible to tell. I like Bournemouth, but their manager is fast becoming one of those you start to despise. 

It's easy to spin this around.

Let's for one minute say Howe is right. Bournemouth are far superior than us, and any other side in the division, and on their day should beat everyone. 

However, after 30 games this season, they're on the same points as Derby and one less than Boro. Therefore are MASSIVELY underachieving, in the world of Eddie Howe.

The book stops with the manager - he only has himself to blame for taking a team with such outstanding quality and not running away with the league. 

#HoweOut.

Kermogrant said something similar, too. Although, he almost admitted he was a cheap average striker and that Howe was a genius for even getting them to compete with us. I don't think he really worked out in his head what he was actually saying. 

Rolled ankle, apparently.

One of those annoying injuries where it looks quite innocuous but can actually cause a bit of trouble. I can definitely see him missing Saturday at the very least.

He was hobbling a fair bit after game....as he came off I thought it was his hamstring, maybe wrong.

Great performance, and a very good game.

Defending for their goals was abysmal unfortunately, second half we dominated them.

Seemed we hot edgy patch after Grant inexplicably did not clear ball out of his hands....one of those things and lucky Clattenburg was referee to just give a free kick only.

Bent was a constant threat, Will picking him out a number of times, including for our first goal.

Just so disappointed we never got the win we were looking like getting in the last 25minutes once Dawkins came on. Ward was really off it as regards being an attacking threat.

Have to be happy with a point, which we totally deserved, and not see ourselves three or six points behind them on Saturday at 5pm

Their fans were in awe at times how we passed it around in those first ten minutes and last 25

And Ince so nearly won it as his shot was in all the way but was blocked by a player retreating to the goal line after he robbed their left back in the box.,

I think we could be swelling the coffers of Hull and Villa in the summer .

Not sure I'd want anything from Villa, given their performances this year!

Bent's scored more goals in the last three weeks than the entire Villa team has scored in a month. And he's ours for free if we want him.

I'd shell out for Ince, though.

Not exactly certain without looking it up , but it think the last two times we have finished third we lost both games home and away, to the two  teams that finished above us,.

No we drew against Birmingham at home lost away in 2006 07. Lost both games to Sunderland. Last year we lost all four games to the two teams automatically promoted Leicester and burnnley.

I can't stop reading that article. It's abysmal.

Why is there such desperation to make Bournemouth such a minnow?

Even down to mentioning ground capacity as if that has anything to do with anything

What an absolute terrible article.

"The big names of Derby"

Who? Tom Ince? Didn't help him get in mighty Hull's team. He admits himself his career has come off track a bit

Darren Bent? We pay a fraction of this unwanted Villa strikers wages. Yes that's right, unwanted by THE Aston Villa. I suppose Bolton should be up at the top with Barcelona's and Chelsea superstar and an England player with more caps than Bent.

Or maybe it's Will Hughes? That other big name we have. That we produced. From our academy.

Instead of spending a month offering Birmingham a pathetic

Archived