AFC Bournemouth v Derby County

Mafiabob

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In fact that whole article couldn't be further from the truth! 

It is the away from that interests me as Derby County are great at home but certainly have not had it all their own way when on their travels.

We've won 8 of our 14 league away games, the second best record in the Championship.  :lol:

Am continually checking the south west trains website to make sure no......

........slow running owing to emergency speed restrictions

........cancellations due to a person on the line

........disruptions owing to a broken down/late running/lack of train crew

........alterations to services

........emergency buses

me and my tinnies have a carefully arranged itinerary with not an awful lot of slippage.

Unlike (it would seem) VulcanRam.

It is the away from that interests me as Derby County are great at home but certainly have not had it all their own way when on their travels.

We've won 8 of our 14 league away games, the second best record in the Championship.  :lol:

Writer is just like me. Expects us to win all of our games!

Maybe I should steal your name, Ambitious!

Does it ever just feel like your banging your head against a hard wall continually? Some drivel right there

League mid-week games this season... Won our last seven.

Charlton 3 - 2 Derby

Blackburn 2 - 3 Derby

Derby 2 - 0 Bournemouth

Blackpool 0 - 1 Derby

Derby 3 - 2 Huddersfield

Birmingham 0 - 4 Derby

Derby 2 - 0 Leeds

Derby 2 - 0 Blackburn 

Played 8; Won 7, Drawn 0, Lost 1; Scored 19, Conceded 7.

We seem to like these mid-week matches - can't forget the 5-2 against Fulham, either. 

Ambitious I bloody love these stats you pull out of nowhere, keep em coming.

Interesting point there about Chris Martin ... Do you reckon players alter their game depending on the refs reputation ? It would be daft not to but you can imagine Mac saying .. Don't overdo it Chris Clattenburg isn't the sympathetic type

Well I hope so. I can see us losing the ball if he goes down like he did sometimes on Saturday. I expect he'll know though who he can try it on with

Midweek stats are interesting. Wonder if they reflect the fitness of our squad.

Only mid-week cup loss to Chelsea, too. We've won all the rest. 

I think, like playing away from home, mid-week games acquire a certain mentality. Bournemouth aren't bad at them but they lost to us and Leeds... twice mid-week. So, it definitely favours us.

The most telling one is the fact Steve McClaren is 3 for 0 against Eddie Howe, who will have to try something new to avoid the same result. 

Keep reading about tonight being this "big" game, it's no bigger than the remaining 16 other fixtures. Unless the rules have changed there is still only 3 points on offer tonight, we could lose this and the game against Boro then win the other 15 games and win the league.

Yes it's great taking points from the clubs around us but it's equally important the players put a shift in against clubs in the bottom half of the table fighting relegation. These games will be tough, more tough than tonight.

They won't fancy a game of football, it will be scrappy and a real fight.

Reading around it's almost like whoever wins tonight wins the league, utter crap. Really is.

Keep reading about tonight being this "big" game, it's no bigger than the remaining 16 other fixtures. Unless the rules have changed there is still only 3 points on offer tonight, we could lose this and the game against Boro then win the other 15 games and win the league.

Yes it's great taking points from the clubs around us but it's equally important the players put a shift in against clubs in the bottom half of the table fighting relegation. These games will be tough, more tough than tonight.

They won't fancy a game of football, it will be scrappy and a real fight.

Reading around it's almost like whoever wins tonight wins the league, utter crap. Really is.

It is a big game because you get a point swing. I know what you're saying, though. Still, like Saturday when we both won, it made little impact in the race for the title/promotion. If we win tonight then Bournemouth could be third - three points behind. That's why it's a big game. 

Am continually checking the south west trains website to make sure no......

........slow running owing to emergency speed restrictions

........cancellations due to a person on the line

........disruptions owing to a broken down/late running/lack of train crew

........alterations to services

........emergency buses

me and my tinnies have a carefully arranged itinerary with not an awful lot of slippage.

Unlike (it would seem) VulcanRam.

Just make sure you keep it that way Hants. I always panic when it comes to counting on the reliability of a train, even though most of the time they are perfectly reliable. Enjoy the game!

Archived