AFC Bournemouth v Derby County

Mafiabob

He ruined a Derby v Forest match by getting every decision spot on and taking no nonsense off any player at all. The tosspot

It's weird because he has been the topic of many debates after some of his bizarre decisions. He's sometimes come to conclusions that not one single person can figure how he got to the decision he did. He was like a regular feature on MotD at one point.

Then in between all that he was like a perfect referee.

Some of the cock ups he's made are completely at odds with how brilliant he is between them. They're like Keogh moments!!

I generally agree with your sentiments on referees though. Managers deflecting blame onto them so often is laughable. And the behaviour that players show towards them...

In comparison to Rugby it's embarrassing.

There is on referee I don't like though. And it's not even Atwell or Madley. It's Michael Oliver. I find he ruins a lot of games I've watched by giving free kicks for any sort of contact. He's not shy with cards either but you get booked for everything in football today. But his games are always stop/start games and once players latch into that then they obviously drop like flies. It's like Serie A when he's on from what I've seen

I like Clattenburg though. Be surprised if he falls for some of the stuff Martin does. He's not a stop/starter. He'll do everything he can to keep the game going.

there's two distinct styles to refereeing... The natural style where a referee just "gets" the importance/occasion of a game... And the manufactured referee whose a bit more career minded... Bit like certain politicians. They follow the book.

I really do miss it a lot. My one regret when I had to give up... I would be in my prime now at 35 because I was going great guns at the time. I just couldn't guarentee weekends and evenings off work.

With all the money floating about in Football... Surely the FA could give a starting salary to 18/19 year old referees? Could trial doing it with a group of 15/20 referees and see if it would work.

Agree with all your sentiments as always.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Catch up for the rest of the season?

Derby's last 9 matches in all competitions - WWWWLWWWW

Feck off with your Notts negativity.

I don't think it's Notts_ram negativity which is the problem. It's his constant tone of "I'm gonna so laugh at you idiots for not expecting the worst, in fact, I actually want Derby to fail so I can laugh at you." 

Here you told us what you hope will happen because of some regressive analysis you've done. You believe a loss will propel us to win more after, while they will become complacent after a win. It's really daft, man, and it's a bit annoying. I know it seems really hard to do but just tell us what you think will actually happen for will's sake.

I've got a feeling his post might have been a little bit tongue in cheek. Unlike your boring anti-Marting agenda.

Haven't looked forwards to a non-Forest, non-play off game as much as this one for ages. Possibly ever. Tonight will be spent watching Derby Youtube clips that I've seen over and over again but still get me in the mood.

Will be in Bournemouth for 3pm, quick check into the same hotel as Eddie by the sounds of it, back out, on the beers and hopefully witness a win that doesn't end up getting too nervy.

COYR's!!!

Can you and Eddie get a room?

In your retirement homes, iiinn your retirement homes.

You suck on your werthers and guzzle down tea.

Watching black and white films on your TV,

In your retirement homes.

Great words. Unfortunately, my mate used to live in Bournemouth and it's far from a old people's retirement place. Which makes your song even better.

I think that's what separates Hughes from typically average Championship players.

He was on his right foot, coming accross it and with a player charging him down. 99% of Championship player would have shot in that position, and perhaps scored but you would never know.

Hughes was intelligent enough to know Ince was in more space, on his left foot and arguably a better chance of scoring.

I've seen Hendrick go through a few times this season (and score in fairness) but there were better options on. His goal against Bolton IMO was quite lucky (the defender should have tackled him and the shot was poor) but in that situation Ward was far better placed.

I thought Hughes did great of the first goal too. I was right in line with the pass that came to Hughes and could clearly see the free man to Hughes' left.  I thought it was going to be one of those situations where the crowd could see the free man, but the player wouldn't have. I should have known that Hughes has got the awareness to know where everyone is.

And what pub is that then? in town? I'll be in pub in town after the game to celebrate the win (HOPEFULLY)

No mate, unfortunately I live outside of Derby!

love to be at tonights game  2 best footballing teams in division going head to head and whatever happens hope both go up into premier , boro would bore you to tears

Well when they came to our place they didn't even try and play football.

Archived