AFC Bournemouth v Derby County

Mafiabob

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's big in respect to doing ourselves a favour.

Whilst it is important to concerntrate on ourselves, one game at a time we will definitely need a few favours from other teams who are playing the likes of Bournemouth, Boro, Brentford etc between now and the end of the season. We are going to lose games and drop points here and there, it's vital that we can try and limit that when we play the likes of these teams.

Tonight's one game where we aren't reliant on anyone and have the chance to do the business ourselves and put a fellow promotion rival off track for a game. Don't underestimate what 3 points here/or not could do for/against us.

Keep reading about tonight being this "big" game, it's no bigger than the remaining 16 other fixtures. Unless the rules have changed there is still only 3 points on offer tonight, we could lose this and the game against Boro then win the other 15 games and win the league.

Yes it's great taking points from the clubs around us but it's equally important the players put a shift in against clubs in the bottom half of the table fighting relegation. These games will be tough, more tough than tonight.

They won't fancy a game of football, it will be scrappy and a real fight.

Reading around it's almost like whoever wins tonight wins the league, utter crap. Really is.

Winning tonight means that Bournemouth lose as well. What seperates this game from games like Bolton, is that we beat Bolton but effectively we made no ground because Bournemouth also won. Like Ambitious says it's the points swing. It's not just the 3 points we win, it's the 3 points they drop.

Derby win tonight, Bournemouth lose

Derby lose Tuesday, Bournemouth win Saturday

Where are we then? As we were. Tonight is no bigger than Tuesday

but Daveo .. that little combo is 3 matches .. all that can be compressed in to one game .... tonight ! a draw is the same for both us us but a win is effectively double points. we'd be clear at the top BIG BIG BIG

I start work at 8 tonight and just hope i can get a reception on the radio that doesn't break up every couple of minutes. Does Ramplayer work on Android?

Not sure about Ramsplayer as I don't have it. I'm also at work tonight from 6pm. I can listen to RD on my break from 8-8:30 but I'm hoping there's a stream as I've got my phone set up to watch them  :cool:

Getting excited now. Off at 4.45pm to catch the local chain ferry across to Poole then drive the few miles to Bournemouth. Just as excited now as I was as a little lad watching King Kevin. Literally............SINCE I WAS YOUNG, I FOLLOWED THE, DCFC, THE TEAM FOR ME.....LA LA LA LA etc ad infinitum

No apologies for being silly.

Build up continues .......took daughter crabbing at Poole quayside and saw a derby flag outside pub and said hello to Mick Derby !

Funny explaining his name to my daughter :-)

Can't wait for this game ..... Will actually get in ground 45 mins before kick off to see players warm up and get some autographs.....

Derby win tonight, Bournemouth lose

Derby lose Tuesday, Bournemouth win Saturday

Where are we then? As we were. Tonight is no bigger than Tuesday

I think in our position a run of 11 wins, three draws and three losses will get us promoted (93 points).

But it's the same for the other clubs too. A win tonight would be huge, as not only will it 'just give us three points' but we're taking three points from a direct rival.

Promotions are often won and lost on head-to-heads.

We would have finished second last season had we done the double over Burnley rather than the other way round.

Likewise, Man United would have won the league in 2012 had they avoided defeat to Man City in either of their two matches that season.

Fine margins really.

Stunned that this game is not being shown live, even on BEIN sports. Cracking tie, 2 entertaining teams with many subplots, and they'd rather televise fookin Sunderland. 

Hopefully something will crop up in the next few hours. Anyone finds owt, please post.

Archived