AFC Bournemouth v Derby County

Mafiabob

Teams must have come sniffing for Hughes in the summer. In one of Evans interviews he said one of the most challenging things was getting the ones that signed new contracts to do so. He said a couple had their heads turned or something like that. He said it was big challenge.

Can't blame them either. They gave it a good go and you never know how football can work out. You can go from England superstar to a loanee in League 1 in no time. You have to weigh up all options and that includes make the money while it's there.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, but Hughes isn't going anywhere as long as we keep winning and get promoted. Same is true of the manager. Once in the Premier League, if we can do ourselves proud there, I think we will have Will for a very long time indeed. He may go on to break the club record, not for transfer fee, but for appearances. He will add 2 things to his game as he ages: some physical strength, and goals!  He could have easily scored versus Bolton but he chose to lay it off to Ince for our third but he had a pretty clear shot before he passed. In a few years, he won't pass there, he will just bury it. 

Yes, but Hughes isn't going anywhere as long as we keep winning and get promoted. Same is true of the manager. Once in the Premier League, if we can do ourselves proud there, I think we will have Will for a very long time indeed. He may go on to break the club record, not for transfer fee, but for appearances. He will add 2 things to his game as he ages: some physical strength, and goals!  He could have easily scored versus Bolton but he chose to lay it off to Ince for our third but he had a pretty clear shot before he passed. In a few years, he won't pass there, he will just bury it. 

I think that's what separates Hughes from typically average Championship players.

He was on his right foot, coming accross it and with a player charging him down. 99% of Championship player would have shot in that position, and perhaps scored but you would never know.

Hughes was intelligent enough to know Ince was in more space, on his left foot and arguably a better chance of scoring.

I've seen Hendrick go through a few times this season (and score in fairness) but there were better options on. His goal against Bolton IMO was quite lucky (the defender should have tackled him and the shot was poor) but in that situation Ward was far better placed.

He ruined a Derby v Forest match by getting every decision spot on and taking no nonsense off any player at all. The tosspot

It's weird because he has been the topic of many debates after some of his bizarre decisions. He's sometimes come to conclusions that not one single person can figure how he got to the decision he did. He was like a regular feature on MotD at one point.

Then in between all that he was like a perfect referee.

Some of the cock ups he's made are completely at odds with how brilliant he is between them. They're like Keogh moments!!

I generally agree with your sentiments on referees though. Managers deflecting blame onto them so often is laughable. And the behaviour that players show towards them...

In comparison to Rugby it's embarrassing.

There is on referee I don't like though. And it's not even Atwell or Madley. It's Michael Oliver. I find he ruins a lot of games I've watched by giving free kicks for any sort of contact. He's not shy with cards either but you get booked for everything in football today. But his games are always stop/start games and once players latch into that then they obviously drop like flies. It's like Serie A when he's on from what I've seen

I like Clattenburg though. Be surprised if he falls for some of the stuff Martin does. He's not a stop/starter. He'll do everything he can to keep the game going.

Interesting point there about Chris Martin ... Do you reckon players alter their game depending on the refs reputation ? It would be daft not to but you can imagine Mac saying .. Don't overdo it Chris Clattenburg isn't the sympathetic type

There's being organised then there's being anal, I'd say that's somewhere in between.

no, defo anal

His mornings itinerary is here:

Open eyes 6.58

Acclimatise eyes 6.59-7.00

Scratch sack 7.00 for 30 secs,

Let off loud fart and sniff 30 secs

sorry if this has already been asked (haven't got time to trawl through) but has anyone found any possible stream links for tonight? thanks in advance

check back tonight, even if some say they have one, they sometimes don't.

Wait until last minute, there's nowt to lose is there? Unless you were thinking of trying to get to the beam back, but I think it's full, and the match is sold out, so really patience is the only answer.

Just had a quick look for a stream not looking good

Try later as I tried to have a quick look for one for people on here but Tuesday games haven't been up yet. Try from 5ish and the games should tell you which one is available.

Try football streaming info...

Buzzing for tonight, even though I am not going. I personally think the winners of tonight's match are putting themselves in a pole position for promotion, not only in terms of the 3 points and being top of the league but also the massive psychological boost.

For all of you that are going tonight, may I point you in the direction of the thread started by Sir b4.

And just remember it's black and white and its in your DNA....COOOOOOOOOOME ON YOU RAMS! (Does that guy really still say that every match?!)

Over to Chris now with details about this post....'today's post was brought to you by G STAR RAM in association with DCFC Fans Forum, experts in getting hacked.

Archived