AFC Bournemouth v Derby County

Mafiabob

I think in our position a run of 11 wins, three draws and three losses will get us promoted (93 points).

But it's the same for the other clubs too. A win tonight would be huge, as not only will it 'just give us three points' but we're taking three points from a direct rival.

Promotions are often won and lost on head-to-heads.

We would have finished second last season had we done the double over Burnley rather than the other way round.

Likewise, Man United would have won the league in 2012 had they avoided defeat to Man City in either of their two matches that season.

Fine margins really.

We would have gone up had we beaten Forest, Millwall and Wigan, whilst losing to Burnley twice.

Could lose tonight and still go up. Bournemouth won't go unbeaten for the rest of the season, they lost twice last month.

Tonight really isn't any bigger than Tuesday.

Tonight would be a big win and Tuesday would be just as big of a big win

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We would have gone up had we beaten Forest, Millwall and Wigan, whilst losing to Burnley twice.

Could lose tonight and still go up. Bournemouth won't go unbeaten for the rest of the season, they lost twice last month.

Daveo, this isn't one of your stronger arguments. Whoever wins today is statistically more likely to finish ahead of the other in the league, and that's a fact. The psychological factors are another matter entirely. Perhaps you are trying to lessen the blow of a possible negative outcome. 

I disagree.

We beat Ipswich and lost to Forest = 3 points.... Ipswich lost to us then beat Millwall = 3 points. If our results were reversed, we would still have had 3 points but Ipswich 6.

I understand that there is still a long way to go, but losing tonight and Bournemouth winning at the weekend would practically but us 7 points behind.

I don't see us making that up, not with their good form and relatively easy fixtures remaining.

Daveo, this isn't one of your stronger arguments. Whoever wins today is statistically more likely to finish ahead of the other in the league, and that's a fact. The psychological factors are another matter entirely. Perhaps you are trying to lessen the blow of a possible negative outcome.

Sorry but that is not a fact at all, never ever been one.

I understand that there is still a long way to go, but losing tonight and Bournemouth winning at the weekend would practically but us 7 points behind.

I don't see us making that up, not with their good form and relatively easy fixtures remaining.

We're level on points, if we lose tonight that puts us 3 points behind, if they win at the weekend that puts us 6 points behind.

We win on Tuesday that put's us 3 behind again.

Bournemouth lose next Saturday, Derby win we're level again.

Tuesday we win we're 3 points ahead

Wednesday we cheer Forest on to beating them in the Freedman honeymoon period and we're still 3 ahead.

It's football, it's the Championship. Tonight is 3 points, so are the rest.

We're level on points, if we lose tonight that puts us 3 points behind, if they win at the weekend that puts us 6 points behind.We win on Tuesday that put's us 3 behind again.Bournemouth lose next Saturday, Derby win we're level again.Tuesday we win we're 3 points aheadWednesday we cheer Forest on to beating them in the Freedman honeymoon period and we're still 3 ahead.It's football, it's the Championship. Tonight is 3 points, so are the rest.

Daveo that's your best ever post lol

I think it's all irrelevant though because we will win tonight

We're level on points, if we lose tonight that puts us 3 points behind, if they win at the weekend that puts us 6 points behind.

We win on Tuesday that put's us 3 behind again.

Bournemouth lose next Saturday, Derby win we're level again.

Tuesday we win we're 3 points ahead

Wednesday we cheer Forest on to beating them in the Freedman honeymoon period and we're still 3 ahead.

It's football, it's the Championship. Tonight is 3 points, so are the rest.

I don't think it's as simple as that. This Championship is poor, I can't see too many teams taking points off Bournemouth to be honest. 

I'm not confident in someone like Huddersfield, Brighton, Fulham, Bolton, Reading, Birmingham, Blackpool etc. stopping them.

I don't think it's as simple as that. This Championship is poor, I can't see too many teams taking points off Bournemouth to be honest. 

I'm not confident in someone like Huddersfield, Brighton, Fulham, Bolton, Reading, Birmingham, Blackpool etc. stopping them.

Leeds and Norwich did last month.

Championship is poor but it's also unpredictable, literally anything could happen. We could win tonight then go and lose both Martin and Bent to injury.

Don't get me wrong taking points from Bournemouth tonight would be great, I just don't see it as the whoever wins will win the league like some are making out.

Let's not forget it's not a 2 horse race either, Boro are only a point behind.

This game doesn't decide if we go up or not but it's a massive game! If we win tonight I think we can go on and run away with it! But we can't get ahead of ourselves they are a good good side! But no matter what happens tonight I love you Derby!! Never been so excited for a league match! COME ON YOU RAMS

Archived