Jordan Ibe - Recalled

CornwallRam

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Brendan Rodgers admits Liverpool have been in discussions with Lille regarding taking striker Divock Origi back from his loan early." - @SportsPeteO

If they get him back, why would they want Ibe back as well?

Play 4-2-4 probably :blink:  :D

-----------CementBag

Manq---Can--Sakho--Moreno

----------Lucas-Hendo

Sterling--Sturridge-Origi--Ibe 

"Brendan Rodgers admits Liverpool have been in discussions with Lille regarding taking striker Divock Origi back from his loan early." - @SportsPeteO

If they get him back, why would they want Ibe back as well? Origi a winger as well, is he not?

Just pushing all the buttons in a panic and seeing what works.

Yep.

3 appearances in the League Cup, 1 in the FA Cup.

Personally I think the sensationalist hype over Ibe, especially in the Daily Mail, has been quite ridiculous in the media in recent weeks (albeit somewhat predictable). He's popped a few goals in, but he hasn't been anything like the main reason why Derby have been winning.

I think it might be down to the media that in his desperation Rodgers has recalled him.

He doesn't want to be losing games while Ibe is "winning matches on his own" and being "the outstanding player" for a top Championship side.

I don't know where the media get this from. He found it hard to dislodge Dawkins. Then fans were showing signs of frustration with him. Then he suddenly starts getting the message and puts in a couple of 8/10 performances.

Stupid, desperate, thick Liverpool.

From the club that spunked all that cash on Adam, Downing and Carroll I suppose we should have expected it. They sign their players based on media hype.

Hence Balotelli. Another player who's always been massively overrated.

If they get him back, why would they want Ibe back as well? Origi a winger as well, is he not?

Origi's a striker. Or at least that's where he played for Belgium in the WC, ahead of Lukaku at times.

As was said about Sterling by those who like to assume players development levels off at er 18!

I think Ibe will be able improve his football brain over the next year or so :)

Only if he's playing.

Would you buy Johnny Russell off us? Because he's just as good.

Ibe is younger with more potential. How's that going to win you matches? You need players that are good now to win you matches.

I can see a day when Ibe is as good as Sterling or better (but Sterling is still learning himself I assume?) but you must think his current ability is good enough. You'd be better off with Russell!!!

I can see a day when Ibe is as good as Sterling or better (but Sterling is still learning himself I assume?) but you must think his current ability is good enough. You'd be better off with Russell!!!

I said earlier in my first post  I'd prefer on balance to keep him at Derby but I'm nothing more than a helpless supporter.

I can't understand why people are getting so wound up by this. He's had a few good games and seems to be improving. But he's a Liverpool player at the of the day. Imagine what the reaction would be if we saw Notts fans kicking because we recalled one of our players back.

This is a shame, Ibe gives us something no other player does, he's strong, direct and causes havoc in the opposition's defence, just as hopefully he will Forest's.

Sure he could frustrate with his decision making, but he's the sort of player I really enjoy watching because he's exciting. He'd made the shirt his own and he was starting to hit top form.

Like most on here, I don't see what he has to gain from going back to Liverpool at this stage. I could understand if we were treading water and not going anywhere, but in our position he could have played a crucial role.

With him going and Eustace's injury, that's two infulential first teamers we need to replace.

If Ward can stay fit then he can do a decent enough job, Dawkins I think is a 20 mins at the end kind of players. Depending on who's available, I'd hope the club is looking around.

I will believe it when I see it, Daily Fail spouting nonsense again.

It was my opinion, until i read it on the derby telegraph site, and on the bbc site.

Obviously its not been announced on liverpool or derby  official sites yet. But Id say its 95% going to happen if the beeb and DET are mentioning it.

Archived