Jordan Ibe - Recalled

CornwallRam

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heh! I thought you'd all be a bit annoyed!

As a red I'd prefer he saw out the season with the Rams and possibly another 5 months next season if you were promoted however if this is true I'm also a bit excited by seeing him play some games for us - how many of course is the real question. No point in being a bench warmer and as he is clearly working his passage at Derby I'm going to assume Rogers has a plan for him in the EL and Cups with sub appearances in the league. I also suspect if he is back it's because at least one of our non scoring strikers is off and Sterling will be partnered with Sturridge so leaving a space on the left flank for Ibe in some games. 

Given DCFC have taken Wisdom and Ibe from Pool I think the club should continue the arrangement and have  Sheyi Ojo for the rest of this season and all next, he is going to be top gravy.

Not everybody is annoyed.

I really would not get too excited about him, he has probably only had 3 or 4 good games while he has been here and only got back in the team due to injuries.

Any defender with half a brain (which you would expect them to have if they are Premier League) can soon figure him out.

Definitely needs to try and develop a football brain and realise he does not have to do everything on his own. In fairness he was definitely improving in this area over the last 3 or 4 weeks.

heh! I thought you'd all be a bit annoyed!

I'd suggest the most annoying thing is coming in this week with 'red' in your name... Not the time to do that and expect a warm reception...

My old man is a big Ibe fan but I can take or leave... He's currently not as well rounded a player as Russell or Ward...

He's just a bit selfish tbh... It seems to come with attacking players who get too much too soon... He's only ever looking for a spectacular goal or assist rather than what might be better for the team 3/4 passes down the line... Amazing when it works but amazingly frustrating when it doesn't... and a decent full back marking him out the game effectively means he's a wasted shirt on the pitch...

But he could be quality and best of luck to him... You guys need all the help you can get based on the little I've seen this season...

God yes Liverpool are shocking to watch.. from the crap Goalkeeper who let a simple goal in against Wimbledon through to Baloteli who has the wrong boots on each foot.. If God 2 touch Gerrard doesn't play the team goes to pot.. He won the game on his own against Wimbledon, 2 goals and a header off the line..

Yes fair to say club is struggling and their training ground looks an absolute mess.. along with the Stadium (but they are developing this at the moment).

I'd suggest the most annoying thing is coming in this week with 'red' in your name... Not the time to do that and expect a warm reception...

Well if that's all it takes to annoy a Ram.....I called myself by my name easy enough to understand I'd have thought. Esp as you could then pick my brain about Liverpool and what might be the reasons for a recall. 

But if you want to go off on one, fine   :) I'll take my leave.

Was it a Bank Holiday in Derbyshire today?

I am not too worried about this in truth. He is hot or cold, and I think in the coming months someone a bit more consistent and experienced will do us just fine. Happy with Dawkins or Ward, and i still think in a number of upcoming matches our front 3 will be Bent, Martin and Russell. Perhaps that's why he is being recalled - the Mac has told Rodgers that Ibe might have less game time in future, and there was some guaranteed game time commitment. If we need to loan someone be sure we will be able to loan someone.

Liverpool FC can confirm that Jordon Ibe has been recalled from his loan spell with Championship side Derby County.

The 19-year-old joined the Rams on a temporary deal last August and made 24 appearances in all competitions, contributing five goals.

All of his strikes were registered in league football, helping Derby reach their current position of second place in England's second tier.

Ibe now returns to Melwood and becomes available for immediate selection with the Reds, who tackle Aston Villa in the Barclays Premier League on Saturday.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/178207-ibe-recalled-from-derby-loan-spell

Shame, good luck to him he has given his best for derby.

He may do well in PL, whilst he will be up against better defenders, he will also be playing with better quality players, so i wouldn't be suprised to see him do well.

This is a blow but we've lost loan players like Bamford and Wisdom and replaced them I think Calero has a lot to offer and I'm hoping he gets an opportunity. It will be worse if Ibe doesn't play for LFC but Rodgers did say he was coming back to contribute we'll have to see what that actually means

Archived