Jordan Ibe - Recalled

CornwallRam

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given in to fan pressure with that decision, which they base on his impressive-looking highlight reel. What they don't realise is just how raw a talent he is, and that those moments come few and far between all the poor decisions he can make. He needs time terrorising championship defenders, like he was literally just starting to do on a consistent basis, then they go and call the loan off. Ridiculous decision!

In the Prem he'll be made to look very average at the moment. 

I think it's fair to say Ibe is similar to Aaron Lennon. Lots of pace but the decision making must be worse than 98% of footballers.

Moments of magic and hell of a lot more frustration.

I'm fine with this, fit Ward is better and maybe we can lure someone even better than Ward.

It's ridiculous. He's not the standard Liverpool require, but for us it's a huge loss. Some of you are claiming that he wasn't that great in most games, but he was a game winner. The sort of player that turns a draw into a win with a moment of brilliance.

Unless he is loaned out to another club in the PL I can't help but feel it will only hinder his progression. He was getting game time with lets be honest, a good team of players full of confidence and pushing for promotion in the 2nd tier. Now he will either go on the bench at Liverpool or play for a low league PL side where he is unlikely to get the same attacking play that we provide him.

Also, this will certainly have hurt the relationship between ourselves and Liverpool. Not a huge blow for Liverpool but definitely something that could potentially hurt us.

Cup tied.

Yeh, I know... I mean that Liverpool aren't very good... so he'll easily get into their side... A player is Premier League ready if his team are Premier League and he's good enough to get in the side...

Going by the performance at Wimbledon he should go straight into their team...

I think it's fair to say Ibe is similar to Aaron Lennon. Lots of pace but the decision making must be worse than 98% of footballers.

Moments of magic and hell of a lot more frustration.

I'm fine with this, fit Ward is better and maybe we can lure someone even better than Ward.

As was said about Sterling by those who like to assume players development levels off at er 18!

I think Ibe will be able improve his football brain over the next year or so :)

Liverpool have just sold Suso to AC Milan, so they have lost an AM and are trying to sell Assaidi a winger.

Well, Assaidi never plays and has been on loan since last season, and Suso hasn't really had a shot at the first team and he was believed to be on his way out since august. 

Well, Assaidi never plays and has been on loan since last season, and Suso hasn't really had a shot at the first team and he was believed to be on his way out since august. 

I didn't say he was going to start for them, but they will be lighter on the ground, so for them it may make sense, Rodgers is making this decision of LFC not DCFC, we can't attach our hopes and wishes to it.

Yeh, I know... I mean that Liverpool aren't very good... so he'll easily get into their side... A player is Premier League ready if his team are Premier League and he's good enough to get in the side...

Going by the performance at Wimbledon he should go straight into their team...

With you now, fair enough. Went right over my head  :lol:

As was said about Sterling by those who like to assume players development levels off at er 18!

If he plays for you, he'll get the ball and run into brick walls, he'll frustrate you so much you'll ship him out on loan again. He doesn't pass, which has become okay for us now because he takes men on and is a very direct runner. In the Premier League, he'll need to use his teammates and he won't do.

Surely he can, no doubt.

I remember watching Pool vs. ManU(?) during the pre-season (well, at least it was one of those games in America) and Ibe looked best player on the pitch when he came on. Better than Sterling in that particular game.

Good player, but I think we have better in Ward. Could work well for you as a impact player but if you think his development... not sure what Rodgers really thinks!

Lingard is back from injury and played for Man Utd u21s, depends if Van Gaal wants to use him for depth

They're quite well kitted out in that area and don't really play with wingers. They have wing-backs where Valencia, Young etc play so I doubt he'll get much time.

And the best way for his brain to improve is to be playing regular first team football where he makes mistakes and is able to fix em, if he isn't playing football you won't be able to see the mistakes he's making, so you won't be able to correct them

I'm baffled at this, in no way will bench warming be better for his development than playing, we may not be premier league but IMO Ibe isn't prem ready yet, he's working with a exceptional continentally recognized coach in maclaren, we've got good facilities and play football similiar to Liverpool

Be gutted f we lose him but it just can't see this turning out well for his development at all

Good old Brendan Rodgers.. IBE probably stated the Derby coaching is much superior to his and threw his dummy out.. I like the comment reg Giles Barnes, injury free and he was and probably still is a hell of a player. Changed the play off Final and he was injured..

He is certainly a game winner on his day, and I have been impressed lately with his ability to play a larger part in the team by chasing back. Liverpool will have a lot to thank Derby for with his development. It remains to be seen whether the quality of coaching at Liverpool is such that his development continues. Meanwhile, he wasn't our player anyway, so we move on.

Archived