Jordan Ibe - Recalled

CornwallRam

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rodgers is desperate. If Jordan can come off the bench and influence one game in the Prem then he'll think its worth it.

Unfortunately there is no consideration for the players own well being and long term development. He's an asset that Rodgers believes may help him for short term gain.

I blame hedge fund, cut throat capitalism.

Thank you Brendan for lending us Jordan Ibe. 

Now, we need someone to step up, Dawks? Ward ... or a new winger perhaps?

Ninos, not sure I ever thought I would post this, but you are the voice of reason.

Having slept on this I think it all for our best, other than perhaps it would have been nice for continuity to have had him in the squad tomorrow, and for fans to have given him a warm farewell.

As I said yesterday though he was raw, and inconsistent, and whilst he will become a fair old player he was never going to be one of ours. His departure, and our position now as very real promotion candidates makes another Albentosa acquisition on the wing possible. Equally, if we go for a loan, it will be most likely a loan to perm option, so that we have someone with 6 months under the belt if we kick off in the Prem next season.

We are evolving. We are Derby County.

Rodgers is desperate. If Jordan can come off the bench and influence one game in the Prem then he'll think its worth it.

Unfortunately there is no consideration for the players own well being and long term development. He's an asset that Rodgers believes may help him for short term gain.

I blame hedge fund, cut throat capitalism.

Ben Thatcher?

Ninos, not sure I ever thought I would post this, but you are the voice of reason.

Having slept on this I think it all for our best, other than perhaps it would have been nice for continuity to have had him in the squad tomorrow, and for fans to have given him a warm farewell.

As I said yesterday though he was raw, and inconsistent, and whilst he will become a fair old player he was never going to be one of ours. His departure, and our position now as very real promotion candidates makes another Albentosa acquisition on the wing possible. Equally, if we go for a loan, it will be most likely a loan to perm option, so that we have someone with 6 months under the belt if we kick off in the Prem next season.

indeed. Add to that, he wasn't that flippin good. Yes he had some pace, and ran at people, but he ran into dead ends, missed passing opportunities, and his little tricks almost always failed but he would bully his way through. As you say we are Derby County, and we probably need a player now thats better than him and isn't learning on the job. Johnny Russell is far more important to us. 

When Ibe was recalled McClaren was heard begging Rodgers not to, but he said that he wouldnt because

"I owe you nothing"

It would be typical of Rodgers to give Ibe a game and then 'drop the boy'.

Probably all be 'too much' for Ibe.

I was frustrated with Liverpools decision to recall him yesterday but thinking about it today I'm in agreement with you.  While we've lost a player that was starting to find his feet we were going to lose him at the end of the season regardless. While we were expecting him to stay on loan until the end of the season I have no doubts that the management team will have already had a plan in place in case this scenario arose. Either another loan with a view to permanent move or a permanent move during this window is probably already being sized up by Mac, Rush and co!

Archived