Jordan Ibe - Recalled

CornwallRam

I swear his Twitter picture was in a DCFC shirt previously? His current one is in a Liverpool kit. Not much to go on but again these things can add little clues.

Thorne changed his picture back to him in a DCFC shirt shortly before he signed.

As you say maybe just a minor thing BUT if you are right and he has taken the trouble to change his picture it might just be a little inkling of where his mind is. Ward for the Forest game?

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won't be too disappointed if he goes. Poor decision by Liverpool though, he's nowhere near good enough for the prem yet.

Same here.  I'd have quite happily driven him back myself after the Norwich game, he'd been by and large awful up until that point.  He's played fairly well over Christmas, but he's still got massive problems with his game that will get horribly exposed against Prem teams.  And he's cup tied as well, so it's not like they can use him in minor competitions to rest other players.

As you say maybe just a minor thing BUT if you are right and he has taken the trouble to change his picture it might just be a little inkling of where his mind is. Ward for the Forest game?

I'd have played Ward regardless of Ibe leaving or not. Ibe would be a great player to have to come on in this sort of game if we we had a short lead with 20 to go.

heh! I thought you'd all be a bit annoyed!

As a red I'd prefer he saw out the season with the Rams and possibly another 5 months next season if you were promoted however if this is true I'm also a bit excited by seeing him play some games for us - how many of course is the real question. No point in being a bench warmer and as he is clearly working his passage at Derby I'm going to assume Rogers has a plan for him in the EL and Cups with sub appearances in the league. I also suspect if he is back it's because at least one of our non scoring strikers is off and Sterling will be partnered with Sturridge so leaving a space on the left flank for Ibe in some games. 

Given DCFC have taken Wisdom and Ibe from Pool I think the club should continue the arrangement and have  Sheyi Ojo for the rest of this season and all next, he is going to be top gravy.

Wow. Lost a lot of respect here for Liverpool and Brendan. Ibe is nowhere near ready to be a part of their match day squad. He has been nowhere near consistent enough for us. Huge mistake on their part. Will only hinder his progress. To be involved in our final push for automatic promotion would do him a world of good. The best thing for Ibe would have been to end this season with us and remain throughout next to play PL football with us for another season. 

Is he making the same cock up as he has with Flanagan. 

As a red I'd prefer he saw out the season with the Rams and possibly another 5 months next season if you were promoted however if this is true I'm also a bit excited by seeing him play some games for us - how many of course is the real question. No point in being a bench warmer and as he is clearly working his passage at Derby I'm going to assume Rogers has a plan for him in the EL and Cups with sub appearances in the league. I also suspect if he is back it's because at least one of our non scoring strikers is off and Sterling will be partnered with Sturridge so leaving a space on the left flank for Ibe in some games. 

Given DCFC have taken Wisdom and Ibe from Pool I think the club should continue the arrangement and have  Sheyi Ojo for the rest of this season and all next, he is going to be top gravy.

He's cup-tied

We all have different views on Mackay-Stevens but I generally think he's coming in.

What makes you think this? I haven't seen any reportings of us linked to him. For 250k though it may be worth the shout. We'd probably may in excess of that for a loanee to replace Ibe.

He's cup-tied

Both cups? Okay Still leave the Europa of course.

Wow. Lost a lot of respect here for Liverpool and Brendan. Ibe is nowhere near ready to be a part of their match day squad. He has been nowhere near consistent enough for us. Huge mistake on their part. Will only hinder his progress. To be involved in our final push for automatic promotion would do him a world of good. The best thing for Ibe would have been to end this season with us and remain throughout next to play PL football with us for another season. 

What cock up with Flanno? Was good value last season and is not playing now due to injury

Really?

He isn't good enough for you. He'd still be behind Jamie Ward if Ward could stay fit. He's only just starting to come into his own and essentially this loan deal has been cut short before it even really started. I was backing him to have a storming second half of the season, where he'd show what he can really do. Instead he'll get 10 minutes here and there in 'Pool's first team and completely flounder.

TobyWanKenobi

Unfortunate timing as he is a quality player, but we do have able replacements in Dawkins and Ward, with Calero no doubt wanting to get off the bench more and more too.

Archived