Bid from Burnley rejected for Richard Keogh - SSN

DEL

That's a good philosophy as 'one for the future' - but not as an immediate replacement, which was the point you were making.

The point I made about Buxton and his experience was the immediate replacement. I think then bringing in a younger players, especially if they have more pace would be a good option. I really like Keogh and I would be disappointed to see him leave, just like I  would with a lot our players.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone else pick up on the RD interview with SM straight after the match?  He was asked about the contract position with Richard Keogh and Chris Martin and in his answer he didn't even mention Keogh - only Martin's 4 yr deal.  Maybe reading too much into it, but it seemed odd to me,  Time (39 hours or so) will tell.

Did anyone else pick up on the RD interview with SM straight after the match?  He was asked about the contract position with Richard Keogh and Chris Martin and in his answer he didn't even mention Keogh - only Martin's 4 yr deal.  Maybe reading too much into it, but it seemed odd to me,  Time (39 hours or so) will tell.

Have you not also realised that towards the end of last season Martin has stepped up to a leadership role. He does more (and better) interviews, he seems to be more active around the club and in the community. I think he'll be made captain. Even on the pitch he comes across as a leader!

Have you not also realised that towards the end of last season Martin has stepped up to a leadership role. He does more (and better) interviews, he seems to be more active around the club and in the community. I think he'll be made captain. Even on the pitch he comes across as a leader!

The Leader I should have said!

He's quite funny and can actually construct proper sentences for a footballer. 

Are you at the club every day to see how much more influence Martin has compared with Keogh? If so, you must be IT so please put the rest of us out of our misery and spill the beans on the Germans CB.

Are you at the club every day to see how much more influence Martin has compared with Keogh? If so, you must be IT so please put the rest of us out of our misery and spill the beans on the Germans CB.

Haha. I think it's obvious who has more influence by players body language, whose opinions are valued by the media and also by the way we play. Fact is we can't play the way we do without Martin, he is irreplaceable. If he goes we have to change our style. I think any team needs one leader on the pitch whose value means they play every game, I think this season that is Martin. I think we then have experience throughout the squad, Grant, Buxton, Eustace, Bryson and Martin.

Keogh isnt club captain thats still Barker.

I think that's just a formality. Morally it wouldn't be right to take the captaincy off an injured player but I think in true sense of the role it is Keogh!

There is a difference between club captain and team captain and they aren't necessarily one and the same.

This is true. I've always noticed that most club captains are the team captain unless something is stopping them from playing.

Anyrode.

I thought Keogh was a bit narky with some teammates on Sat. I think he knows he's off, and is falling out with some so it makes it easier to leave.

But like my ex who liked to start arguments so it was easier to leave me.

The bitch.

Anyrode.

I thought Keogh was a bit narky with some teammates on Sat. I think he knows he's off, and is falling out with some so it makes it easier to leave.

But like my ex who liked to start arguments so it was easier to leave me.

The bitch.

I thought at one point in the second half he got nowty with a section of the crowd in the East Stand

Martin is a moany fecker and a bit of a nutter. Love him to bits but I wouldn't have him as captain. He's already influential without it anyway

Archived