Best TV Dramas

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Daveo The Shield is great. Michael Chiklis and Walton Goggins bowdown.gif.pagespeed.ce.PKqybR2Dbe.gif

Have you watched Justified? Timothy Olyphant (Deadwood) as lead and also has Goggins.

Would highly recommend Vikings, Turn, Hell on Wheels (Ansom Mount jt1nqu.gif.pagespeed.ce.w94MGjMb3y.gif), Banshee, Fargo, Halt and Catch Fire, The Knick, The Last Ship, Manhattan and Person of Interest.

Of the few new shows started this 'Fall season', Blindspot, Code Black, Minority Report and Quantico are shaping up nicely.  

Walton Goggins? Surely you mean Cleetus van Damme....? :lol:

Good thing about The Shield, you'll know by the end of the first episode whether or not it's for you.

11 episodes into Prison Break, yeah I've done **** all today but needed it.

Anyhow, can anyone explain why as Michael is getting transferred out of the prison, the warden is looking out his what 3rd storey? window then 5 seconds later he's in front of him stopping the transfer going through.

It's bordering on the level of cheese seen in 24, sticking with it tho as I've got a thing for the doctor already. 

Oh and Eli from Sons of Anarchy in it has annoyed me, hate jumping from one series to another and seeing the same people.

11 episodes into Prison Break, yeah I've done **** all today but needed it.

Anyhow, can anyone explain why as Michael is getting transferred out of the prison, the warden is looking out his what 3rd storey? window then 5 seconds later he's in front of him stopping the transfer going through.

It's bordering on the level of cheese seen in 24, sticking with it tho as I've got a thing for the doctor already. 

Oh and Eli from Sons of Anarchy in it has annoyed me, hate jumping from one series to another and seeing the same people.

yeah I have that too. Tara from SOA was in Madmen, Chalkie White/Omar in Boardwalk Empire and The Wire. D'Andre? was in The Wire and Walking Dead. Loads from Sopranos spread out, like Wendy in SOA, Nuckie in Boardwalk Empire.

The only one that I cannot think of crossovers is Breaking Bad.

yeah I have that too. Tara from SOA was in Madmen, Chalkie White/Omar in Boardwalk Empire and The Wire. D'Andre? was in The Wire and Walking Dead. Loads from Sopranos spread out, like Wendy in SOA, Nuckie in Boardwalk Empire.

The only one that I cannot think of crossovers is Breaking Bad.

erm Walter White is Malcolm's dad from Malcolm in the Middle 

The Flash season 2 started yesterday. Got it on record to watch this evening. Not sure you'd call it 'best to drama' but my 6 year old daughter fancies The Flash (although she won't admit it) so she's very excited, and I like having something to watch with her. 

Shes also a massive doctor who fan. I wasn't til she insisted we start watching the box sets when she was 3. I'm raising a proper nerd, no harm in that. 

SO, I have now finished Sons of Anarchy, which I recommend highly. It's action packed and has some quality characters in it.

I now have to choose what to watch next.

Better Call Saul, Narcos, or Game of Thrones.

i am currently working my way through Game of Thrones, just finished season 1 and its highly addictive, you can see the amount of money spent on production and has a quality cast but my missus reckons its just soft :whistle:

i am currently working my way through Game of Thrones, just finished season 1 and its highly addictive, you can see the amount of money spent on production and has a quality cast but my missus reckons its just soft :whistle:

I started Better Call Saul the other day, so it will have to wait.

Is Narcos worth watching?

Hearing good stuff about it.

Watched the first episode last night.

Enjoyed it much more than I was expecting to, as these true story dramatisations often tend to be a bit "US daytime TV" quality, but this was pretty good.

I didn't much like the tone of the American DEA guy narrating it as the big hero. Clearly Pablo is the hero as he's totally badass.

More than anything though I couldn't get over how much the bloke playing Pablo Escobar looks like CHRISSY MARTIN DERBY'S NUMBER 9

narco_s1_008_h.0.jpg

Struggling with Prison Break but I'm in too deep to give up, need to sit through it now.

Whoever directed it must be on a wind up, last episode of season 1 it's night time, pitch black and the Police in cars and helicopters are on their arses, maybe 200 yards away.

Season 2 begins and they are still running with Police following but it's daylight.

The main idea behind it great, could have been so awesome but it's dragged out way too much and loads of seriously, come on now moments which ruin it.

Another example of a overhyped series, just frustrating to watch but I live in hope it's worth it in the end and we get to see the doctor naked.

Oh and Holly Valance, great but why cast her for a role of a Russian? The accent is shocking, just cast a Russian 'kin ell

Struggling with Prison Break but I'm in too deep to give up, need to sit through it now.

Whoever directed it must be on a wind up, last episode of season 1 it's night time, pitch black and the Police in cars and helicopters are on their arses, maybe 200 yards away.

Season 2 begins and they are still running with Police following but it's daylight.

The main idea behind it great, could have been so awesome but it's dragged out way too much and loads of seriously, come on now moments which ruin it.

Another example of a overhyped series, just frustrating to watch but I live in hope it's worth it in the end and we get to see the doctor naked.

Oh and Holly Valance, great but why cast her for a role of a Russian? The accent is shocking, just cast a Russian 'kin ell

I would do yourself a favour and stop immediately.  Seasons 3,4 and the TV movie finale are appalling, and I mean deep-fried, grade A, tip top ****...

Dr Tancrety is a case in point.  Her story is beyond stupid...

Started watching The Blacklist on the advice of my girlfriend. I'm really enjoying it but I think she might be annoyed at me so I can't text her and talk about it, so you guys will have to do.

From the very beginning you're just bombarded with mysteries. Why is Red interested in Elizabeth? What happened to Elizabeth's parents? Why is Red so interested in this blacklist? What's going on with Lizzies husband? Who the hell are those people spying on them with cameras in the house?

It's so easy to get lost in that. A few episodes in I was ready to go "sod it, I don't get this, I don't understand what's going on". It doesn't help that the first few episodes are really formulaic. I think the writers forgot to expand the concept a little in the first few. But when you indulge your curiosity and stick with it, you start getting somewhere with the little mysteries and subplots, the episodes start to branch out and get more ambitious, the characters unravel into more likeable people, and it just gets better the more you watch. I did have to force myself at first but now it's really getting good.

Although it's one of those shows that's so intense that I find it hard to binge watch, which I guess is a good thing. It's not boring or anything like that, far from it, but unlike with most other things I can only watch this an episode or two at a time. It forces you to take your time, all too often when you binge watch a boxset it perhaps passes you by somewhat. You enjoyed it, but you watched it all in 3 days and now you've got to find something else to feed your gluttonous mind because you've been used to doing nothing but watching the same thing every evening. Plus when you binge watch stuff you end up at work, or in my case Uni, watching the clock because you want to get home and watch some more. Life gets in the way of your boxset. I hate that.

Archived