Best TV Dramas

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No end in sight for TWD, they're expecting that to run for years yet, and with its huge ratings in the States it's not going to get cancelled....

I picked up The Wire on blu ray a few weeks ago, might need to rewatch that soon, but the final season of Mad Men is out in a week or two as well so I'll probably watch that first.

SoA is a great show. Anyone who enjoys that should watch The Shield, and Justified as well.

Might give Shield a go, on the lookout now for what next. Read earlier they are doing a Sons of Anarchy spinoff following the Mayans, didn't realise that the guy who played Otto wrote the series.

Walking Dead is living off it's hype and merchandise sales, no way will that end for years, viewers with any sense will slowly drop away when they realise it's being milked dry. It's soooooo slow as well, you can watch episodes and feel like you've aged 5 years and literally nothing has happened. 

Give me unrealistic gun fights and high action SOA over that tripe anyday

Finished it last night, last 3 episodes save the season and make it worth while, am I gay if I reached for the tissues to wipe my eye at the end?

Might give Shield a go, on the lookout now for what next. Read earlier they are doing a Sons of Anarchy spinoff following the Mayans, didn't realise that the guy who played Otto wrote the series.

Walking Dead is living off it's hype and merchandise sales, no way will that end for years, viewers with any sense will slowly drop away when they realise it's being milked dry. It's soooooo slow as well, you can watch episodes and feel like you've aged 5 years and literally nothing has happened. 

Give me unrealistic gun fights and high action SOA over that tripe anyday

I've got just one episode of Sons of Anarchy and then it's done. The penultimate episode left me feeling a bit drained if I am honest.

As for The Walking Dead, I am capable of liking both. You remind me of this bloke I used to drink with, he was a bit simple. Whenever I mentioned I liked the Simpsons, he used to dismiss it by saying he liked Only Fools and Horses, but then confused himself when I said that I love both!

Sorry, I just need more from a TV series than find base, kill zombies, find supplies, kill more zombies, defend base rinse and repeat.

Season 1 was great, went downhill from there with each season getting worse as the novelty wore off. I got bored with 24 for the same reason, oh look here we go again Zzzz

It truly is the biggest over hyped crap going on TV right now.

The Wire, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Sons of Anarchy all great. Game of Thrones is ok, just not easy watching if you have a crap memory. 

Would prefer to watch Emmerdale than Walking Dead

Sorry, I just need more from a TV series than find base, kill zombies, find supplies, kill more zombies, defend base rinse and repeat.

Season 1 was great, went downhill from there with each season getting worse as the novelty wore off. I got bored with 24 for the same reason, oh look here we go again Zzzz

It truly is the biggest over hyped crap going on TV right now.

The Wire, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Sons of Anarchy all great. Game of Thrones is ok, just not easy watching if you have a crap memory. 

Would prefer to watch Emmerdale than Walking Dead

I'll be honest, I'm pissed it isn't all over. I wouldn't have binge-watched it if I'd known it was ongoing. I usually don't watch these boxset type programmes until I know they're done! 

I cannot see where they are going with it (Walking Dead). I was hoping for some cure, or maybe something that comes globally.

I prefer to watch things that have finished, I can't be doing with an hour a week with 5 minutes of last time on The Walking Dead at the start then a advert every 10 minutes. Drives me insane.

After season 28, Rick will get everyone trapped in a warehouse where zombies eat everyone, game over and you will be like really? I watched 28 seasons just for that. 

@Daveo The Shield is great. Michael Chiklis and Walton Goggins bowdown.gif.pagespeed.ce.PKqybR2Dbe.gif

Have you watched Justified? Timothy Olyphant (Deadwood) as lead and also has Goggins.

Would highly recommend Vikings, Turn, Hell on Wheels (Ansom Mount jt1nqu.gif.pagespeed.ce.w94MGjMb3y.gif), Banshee, Fargo, Halt and Catch Fire, The Knick, The Last Ship, Manhattan and Person of Interest.

Of the few new shows started this 'Fall season', Blindspot, Code Black, Minority Report and Quantico are shaping up nicely.  

I prefer to watch things that have finished, I can't be doing with an hour a week with 5 minutes of last time on The Walking Dead at the start then a advert every 10 minutes. Drives me insane.

After season 28, Rick will get everyone trapped in a warehouse where zombies eat everyone, game over and you will be like really? I watched 28 seasons just for that. 

Watch 'rescue me'. 

I read that they were looking to finish on a high and going for a Dallas style ending were Rick is woken by a vigorous hand job from dirty milly and begins screaming so loudly that miles, warren and Anna come running in shouting egg ! Egg what is it ? And yes it's all been a horrible dream !

Archived