Best TV Dramas

Same here. Thought the walking dead was great. Much rather watch all in a row, don't think I would have bothered watching it over the years -- I didn't.

don't think I've watched anything over a staggered period, aside of True Detective Season 1. I will get around to watching that again, all in 2 big sessions.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

don't think I've watched anything over a staggered period, aside of True Detective Season 1. I will get around to watching that again, all in 2 big sessions.

such is modern life. My six year old daughter doesn't understand why we can't watch the next episode of Doctor who straight away. It won't be too long before waiting a week for the next episode will be a thing of the past. 

I was about to say: 'Like how my dad talks about there only being one channel when he was a kid.' But there was no TV when he was a kid. 

I'm not very old, but there were only 4 channels when I was a kid. And I know there'll be plenty of old farts on here who still think Channel 4 is the work of the devil. Can't believe I'm going to be one of those old farts talking to my daughter about the good old when there was only 4 channels, and 24 actually took 24 weeks to watch. 

The Ship.  lot better than I expected.

Based on what you posted I thought I would start watching it. First season is a bit 'US' and 'US Navy' flag waving which really could have been better if they did without it but it does get better with season 2.

Anyways, thanks to this thread i am revising my top 5 in no order:

OZ
Homicide life on the street
Mr. Robot
Walking Dead
Rescue Me (still my FAV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isLc1UqudnY )

Based on what you posted I thought I would start watching it. First season is a bit 'US' and 'US Navy' flag waving which really could have been better if they did without it but it does get better with season 2.
Anyways, thanks to this thread i am revising my top 5 in no order:

OZ
Homicide life on the street
Mr. Robot
Walking Dead
Rescue Me (still my FAV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isLc1UqudnY )

Yeah Rescue Me is good and Denis Leary especially good in it.

Mr. Robot looks very interesting, just haven't watched it yet.

just started watching Sons of Anarchy, on to Ep 5. Seems very amusing so far.

it is an incredible show, keep watching it...some really really sad scenes...lots of really really over the top scenes of course..and without doubt some of the worst gun slinging you will ever see....they seem to be shooting at each other from 2 feet away and still manage to miss... but a great show, i finished it a couple of months ago, how i miss it.

it is an incredible show, keep watching it...some really really sad scenes...lots of really really over the top scenes of course..and without doubt some of the worst gun slinging you will ever see....they seem to be shooting at each other from 2 feet away and still manage to miss... but a great show, i finished it a couple of months ago, how i miss it.

my boxset game is pretty solid to be fair. I don't give up easily, and this is easily a great show to watch. Some of the stories are painful, and stir up painful memories. But it's good going so far.

how far in is it Joe?

This sounds like the kind of thing I would want to wait until it's all finished, and then binge-Watch it.

There's been one series of I think 12 episodes, which are all on there currently and they are in the process of making a second I think.

anybody watched "ballers", I am hooked on this and watched all 7 episodes.

Yeah I like Ballers.

The bit in the intro where the guy jumps onto the stack of tires always amazes me.

Got some new shows to watch over the next few months.

Code Black started last night as did You, Me And The Apocalypse, started watching Rosewood and want to watch The B*stard Executioner (new show from SoA guy Sutter)

Also have Chicago Med starting soon which is another spinoff so now have Chicago Med, Fire and PD.

Yeah how you jump your own height from a standing position is amazing, its not usually my bag but i am hooked.

Yeah I like Ballers.

The bit in the intro where the guy jumps onto the stack of tires always amazes me.

Got some new shows to watch over the next few months.

Code Black started last night as did You, Me And The Apocalypse, started watching Rosewood and want to watch The B*stard Executioner (new show from SoA guy Sutter)

Also have Chicago Med starting soon which is another spinoff so now have Chicago Med, Fire and PD.

Archived