Best TV Dramas

Danny Baker's Cradle to Grave well worth a look. Part autobiographical with Peter Kay playing Danny Baker's dad.

It's a cracking watch. Enjoying that and going to start 'The Kennedy's' a similar thing about Emma Kennedy's  youth.        70's tastic mate. :D

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only problem with the Walking Dead is that there seems to be little direction in what they can do with it now.

Game of Thrones for instance is reaching its climax, and the final two seasons will explain all of the questions which people are asking. Characters like Jon Snow, Tyrion Lanister, Daenerys Targaryn and the WW King have massive roles left to play. Not to mentioned the Boltons, Cerci's problems, Jamie Lanister's future role. While so much has already happened, there is loads pending and I genuinely feel the best is still to come.

On the other hand, where can the Walking Dead go from here? They've already had IMO the best scenes in the prison and while the character development of Rick is brilliant, the rest don't have anything exciting lined up for them.

The Walking Dead can only go in two directions - find a cure or each die. Needs wrapping up.

Regarding TWD - Do you read the comics? There is tons of material in there, the pacing of the show is so different.

Regarding GoT - HBO could go anywhere with it from now on - GRRM is useless when it comes to actually writing his books, the latest one which has all the stuff that is supposed to be happening now (parts of last season and the next season). Yes he is consulting with HBO but they said themselves they were taking things into their own hands as of last season so no idea what will happen.

The only problem with the Walking Dead is that there seems to be little direction in what they can do with it now.

Game of Thrones for instance is reaching its climax, and the final two seasons will explain all of the questions which people are asking. Characters like Jon Snow, Tyrion Lanister, Daenerys Targaryn and the WW King have massive roles left to play. Not to mentioned the Boltons, Cerci's problems, Jamie Lanister's future role. While so much has already happened, there is loads pending and I genuinely feel the best is still to come.

On the other hand, where can the Walking Dead go from here? They've already had IMO the best scenes in the prison and while the character development of Rick is brilliant, the rest don't have anything exciting lined up for them.

The Walking Dead can only go in two directions - find a cure or each die. Needs wrapping up.

Regarding TWD - Do you read the comics? There is tons of material in there, the pacing of the show is so different.

Regarding GoT - HBO could go anywhere with it from now on - GRRM is useless when it comes to actually writing his books, the latest one which has all the stuff that is supposed to be happening now (parts of last season and the next season). Yes he is consulting with HBO but they said themselves they were taking things into their own hands as of last season so no idea what will happen.

A bloke who I work with has read all of the Graphic Novels (comics?) and he says there's loads more to come, and loads more back-stories too. But I agree that there are no longer enough strong characters in it.

A bloke who I work with has read all of the Graphic Novels (comics?) and he says there's loads more to come, and loads more back-stories too. But I agree that there are no longer enough strong characters in it.

As long as they keep Maggie alive, it will do for me.

love walking dead, but I do agree that I almost want to kill myself after every episode. Can they not just get one win between them (like the Starks in GoT)? If we just keep watching them all get picked off one by one, I'm not sure I'll be able to take that, as compelling as I may be. I know it is not likely to ever be wrapped up in a nice neat bow where they all live happily ever after, but I'd like to see some sort of satisfactory, vaguely hopeful ending sooner rather than later. 

But I know the comic books still haven't reached a conclusion yet, so I'm not holding my breath. 

love walking dead, but I do agree that I almost want to kill myself after every episode. Can they not just get one win between them (like the Starks in GoT)? If we just keep watching them all get picked off one by one, I'm not sure I'll be able to take that, as compelling as I may be. I know it is not likely to ever be wrapped up in a nice neat bow where they all live happily ever after, but I'd like to see some sort of satisfactory, vaguely hopeful ending sooner rather than later. 

But I know the comic books still haven't reached a conclusion yet, so I'm not holding my breath. 

So many shows are ditty and happy, why not have one showered in misery. I like it. I like how with every episode, anyone could die and left to rot. 

There are no happy endings. 

currently about halfway through season 6 of Sons of Anarchy. Probably got about 20 episodes left to watch.

@Daveo told me this is the best boxset drama out there, but sadly I cannot agree. Whilst it's epically entertaining, it loses points for being so massively unrealistic. It's high-octane stuff, and lots of stories within stories, it certainly starts to go a bit batshit-crazy about halfway through season 5, and becomes quite fast through the stories. I'd still recommend though, whilst I say it's not number 1, it's certainly up there in the top 5.

currently about halfway through season 6 of Sons of Anarchy. Probably got about 20 episodes left to watch.

@Daveo told me this is the best boxset drama out there, but sadly I cannot agree. Whilst it's epically entertaining, it loses points for being so massively unrealistic. It's high-octane stuff, and lots of stories within stories, it certainly starts to go a bit batshit-crazy about halfway through season 5, and becomes quite fast through the stories. I'd still recommend though, whilst I say it's not number 1, it's certainly up there in the top 5.

4 episodes left of Season 7, (watching now) got to say it's the worst of the series and a bit of a let down. 

Anything that comes out of America is massively unrealistic, TV, films the lot, doesn't make it any less enjoyable. 

Mm I wish they put some distance in the gun fights tho, when you have 3 cars trailing a group of motorcycles and they can't hit one is a bit ****

4 episodes left of Season 7, (watching now) got to say it's the worst of the series and a bit of a let down. 

Anything that comes out of America is massively unrealistic, TV, films the lot, doesn't make it any less enjoyable. 

Mm I wish they put some distance in the gun fights tho, when you have 3 cars trailing a group of motorcycles and they can't hit one is a bit ****

just watched the 1st of S7. The shootout stuff is what I find unrealistic. One minute they're crackshots who can shoot someone purposely in the throat from 20 feet without looking, the next they can't hit a car with a machine gun.

Been watching 'Forever' on a sky box set - really enjoying it, but looks like its been cancelled after just one series in the US. Its a bit 'highlander' meets 'quincy' about an immortal ME who helps the police solve crimes (usually murders).

Archived