Player Suggestion Thread - Summer 2014

oomarkwright

Seen Burnley linked with Austin if QPR don't go up.

Whatcha reckon? Absolute beast infront of goal, him and Martin would be very good options once Sammons off the wage bill.

And a controversial one, Henri Lansbury :-)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatcha reckon? Absolute beast infront of goal, him and Martin would be very good options once Sammons off the wage bill.

Austin would be decent provided his wages aren't huge, which they probably are being at QPR

Henri Lansbury is nothing better than what we've got already. Hughes, Bryson and Hendrick are all better players imo.

Henri Lansbury will never establish himself in the Premier League, he is simply not good enough.

I'm lucky enough to have watched him a few more times than I would have liked. He is extremely erratic. He does have ability, but he is prone to making terrible decisions and clumsy tackles.

He would stick out like a sore thumb in our midfield because I doubt he'd buy into our system. He is very much a scruff of the neck player that ultimately hits a lot of shots off target. He is a Hendrick type player without the ability to create as many chances.

Derby County know their style of play, therefore we should be only looking at players who fit our style. We certainly don't want to do a Cardiff City and spend $30m on players who simply don't fit into the side.

Areas we need to look at.

- An attacking right-back and left-back

- A new central defender with good ball ability from the back

- A DM in the George Thorne role if we can't get the WBA man himself

- Fast wingers who are happy to cut inside or so on the outside

- A target man to challenge Martin

Those are the areas we need. Players like Charlie Austin are good but he has no place in our system... He isn't a target man who brings others into play and he isn't a winger/striker. For us, He would be a waste of $8m or so - same as Jordan Rhodes.

Ulloa is a great shout as he's a Martin type.

Fast wingers with an eye for goal should be fairly easy to find. I actually quite like QPR's Hoillet when he's playing well but there are probably better options abroad such as Real Betis winger Alvaro Vadillo..

Cardiff City's right-back is actually a decent player (Kevin Theophile) but we could find better.

As for the other roles, I guess we'll have to see.

Derby County know their style of play, therefore we should be only looking at players who fit our style. We certainly don't want to do a Cardiff City and spend $30m on players who simply don't fit into the side.

Those are the areas we need. Players like Charlie Austin are good but he has no place in our system... He isn't a target man who brings others into play and he isn't a winger/striker. For us, He would be a waste of $8m or so - same as Jordan Rhodes.

Fast wingers with an eye for goal should be fairly easy to find. I actually quite like QPR's Hoillet when he's playing well but there are probably better options abroad such as Real Betis winger Alvaro Vadillo..

Cardiff City's right-back is actually a decent player (Kevin Theophile) but we could find better.

Would you have Brayford back, Bris? He's the epitome of an attacking RB.

I agree with you about needing another striker similar to Martin. Personally I reckon that better option the Ulloa would be Troy Deeney from Watford

Would love a striker in the mould of Kone who was at Wigan, capable of the hold up game a la Martin but with a bit of extra pace if we needed something different or wanted to put two up top to chase the game.
Only cost Wigan a couple of million from Sevilla, so I think that shows the kind of good deals you can find out there.
He had a mare at Everton this year though with injuries and bad form!

Would you have Brayford back, Bris? He's the epitome of an attacking RB.

I'd prefer Wisdom as I see him better defensively but Brayford is the sort of player we'd need... I'm not sure whether he is Premier League class though if we go up.

I reckon Cardiff City will use him in th Championship though.

i like Fraizer Campbell pacey goalscorer 

He's the sort of player I'd dread us signing...

There is no denying he's a great player, but he's not the sort to play the lone striker role and he's not the sort to play on the wing.

I'd sign him if we played 4-4-2, but as we play 4-3-3 with two wide wingers/strikers he'd be a complete waste of money IMO.

I'm actually quite sceptical of signing Patrick Bamford. Great finisher, but he's not a target man nor a wide forward. When he plays I just see him out of position though he still does a good job as a wide forward.

Would love a striker in the mould of Kone who was at Wigan, capable of the hold up game a la Martin but with a bit of extra pace if we needed something different or wanted to put two up top to chase the game.

Only cost Wigan a couple of million from Sevilla, so I think that shows the kind of good deals you can find out there.

He had a mare at Everton this year though with injuries and bad form!

Yep I agree with that, a striker in the mould of Kone would be great.

I disagree with the need for two attacking full-backs. I think that would leave us susceptible to attacks from all angles, and we aren't good enough defensively to cope with that.

Wisdom has snuffed out a lot of attacks down the left and allows us the temporary option of looking like we play with three at the back when Forsyth has bombed forward.

The sort of player that we'd need to sign that was both excellent moving forward and be disciplined and capable as a solid defender maybe beyond our price bracket.

I'd think that one attacking and one defensive full-back would be the way to go. I'd try and get Wisdom or a Jacob Laursen type player for te right side.

We will need cover though as we are scant in those areas. Freeman isn't up to it and will be farmed off to Sheff Utd, I'd imagine.

Would Albrighton fit into this?...just been released by Villa

Wouldn't be a bad shout, decent level of Premier League experience.  Has a decent cross on him and can take corners. Wasn't he linked with a loan move to us earlier this season?

Archived