Player Suggestion Thread - Summer 2014

oomarkwright

Released from Villa. I think whichever division we're in next season he'd be a good fit...

Moved to suggestions as this was a Clough target and this is pretty much a suggestion....and a last minute one at that as he's about to join Leicester.

Thanking you

From David

Awesome Admin Guy

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derby County know their style of play, therefore we should be only looking at players who fit our style. We certainly don't want to do a Cardiff City and spend $30m on players who simply don't fit into the side.

Areas we need to look at.

- An attacking right-back and left-back

- A new central defender with good ball ability from the back

- A DM in the George Thorne role if we can't get the WBA man himself

- Fast wingers who are happy to cut inside or so on the outside

- A target man to challenge Martin

Those are the areas we need. Players like Charlie Austin are good but he has no place in our system... He isn't a target man who brings others into play and he isn't a winger/striker. For us, He would be a waste of $8m or so - same as Jordan Rhodes.

Ulloa is a great shout as he's a Martin type.

Fast wingers with an eye for goal should be fairly easy to find. I actually quite like QPR's Hoillet when he's playing well but there are probably better options abroad such as Real Betis winger Alvaro Vadillo..

Cardiff City's right-back is actually a decent player (Kevin Theophile) but we could find better.

As for the other roles, I guess we'll have to see.

After their play-off game, I wouldn't touch him. 

Tries to play like Bale despite having the skill and technique of Eddie Lewis. If he wasn't quick or strong, he'd be flipping burgers at McDonalds.

I agree with you about needing another striker similar to Martin. Personally I reckon that better option the Ulloa would be Troy Deeney from Watford

Whilst I agree Deeney is a top player in the correct mould, my only worry with him is that he may upset the status quo in the squad. He's notoriously abit of a bad lad and has served a prison sentence not that long ago.

If he has turned a corner, then fair enough, but I do worry about having someone like this around the younger more impressionable players in the squad

Whilst I agree Deeney is a top player in the correct mould, my only worry with him is that he may upset the status quo in the squad. He's notoriously abit of a bad lad and has served a prison sentence not that long ago.

If he has turned a corner, then fair enough, but I do worry about having someone like this around the younger more impressionable players in the squad

All fair points that I was not aware of. In response though I make the obviously point that Chris Martin had a similar reputation at Norwich and previously had a few run ins with the police himself

Just found this quite nice story about Troy

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/championship-play-off-final-preview-watford-1909617

Hope the link work

Whilst surfing around old articles about middle aged Watford strikers doing porridge I found this about Joleon Lescott http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/joleon-lescott-willing-pay-halved-3584475

Probably wholly unrealistic I know - but two interesting facts a) when he was in the academy at wolves the academy manager was ..... Steve Evans and

b) the manager who gave him his first cap for England was ...... Steve Mac

Might not be a popular suggestion but Zamora from our Wembley rivals? I feel if we could get him fit and play to his strengths in our formation he'd be a decent signing providing he took a wage cut. Out of contract this summer

While we are at it let's get in Ravanelli, Manel and Stern John.

Might not be a popular suggestion but Zamora from our Wembley rivals? I feel if we could get him fit and play to his strengths in our formation he'd be a decent signing providing he took a wage cut. Out of contract this summer

he can hit the side netting anywhere on the pitch, fantastic player. 

Good goalscoring record until he went to QPR. You don't play for England unless you have something about you (although that physcology is vastly untrue in the modern era...)

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury let me present exhibit A, Nick Pickering....

When the ball hits your head, when your sat on row z, that's Zamora :lol:

Willing to half his 90k pw wages, bargain at just 45k pw for a 31 year old defender.....can we stick with Keogh and Buxton pleeeeease

Exactly.....thats a QPR type signing.

Archived