Player Suggestion Thread - Summer 2014

oomarkwright

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes we wouldnt want has beens like Paul Parker and Paul Mcgrath. We can all find good has beens that have turned out good and bad and young players that have turned out good and bad. I wouldnt write a player off like Joe Cole who has won so much to do a job for a team that has just come up.

Yes we wouldnt want has beens like Paul Parker and Paul Mcgrath. We can all find good has beens that have turned out good and bad and young players that have turned out good and bad. I wouldnt write a player off like Joe Cole who has won so much to do a job for a team that has just come up.

Exactly. Especially on an affordable wage.

He's started what 10 league games over the last 3 seasons? also wants to play centre mid right? so let's drop Bryson who's been awesome or young players with bags of potential in Hendrick and Hughes.

Or we could have him on the bench, I'm sure he'd be thrilled about that. 

MLS is calling, could sit next to Rio on the plane.

Mat Ryan, the Australian keeper we were linked with mid last season might be worth another look, though Grant has been good.

He's been voted keeper of the year in Belgium, is penned in as Australia's number one at the world cup and still only 22.

He had a brilliant impact at West Ham last season, but injuries/being out of position have stunted him this. If wages were realistic I'd certainly take a punt

Think you're remembering this season a bit wrong if you think he had a brilliant impact. Poor season for West Ham where the fans were regularly calling for Allardyce to be sacked. Admittedly he had a tough time with injuries but still managed 20 or so appearances without making too much of a telling contribution. Plus even if it is true that he is willing to take a pay cut, they would still be high for a club like us and would totally not be justified. Stay away Mcclaren!

Think you're remembering this season a bit wrong if you think he had a brilliant impact. Poor season for West Ham where the fans were regularly calling for Allardyce to be sacked. Admittedly he had a tough time with injuries but still managed 20 or so appearances without making too much of a telling contribution. Plus even if it is true that he is willing to take a pay cut, they would still be high for a club like us and would totally not be justified. Stay away Mcclaren!

I know it was worded poorly, but if you re-read you'll realise I meant not this season, but the season before! When he joined he initially did excellent

I know it was worded poorly, but if you re-read you'll realise I meant not this season, but the season before! When he joined he initially did excellent

Ah right, well regardless of my error, I don't think he is the right way to go considering his age, injury proneness and high wages

Ah right, well regardless of my error, I don't think he is the right way to go considering his age, injury proneness and high wages

Not your error mate, my fault! And i understand mate, but if he takes a huge wage cut (like he stated) and can stay fit then he might be worth a one year deal?

Not your error mate, my fault! And i understand mate, but if he takes a huge wage cut (like he stated) and can stay fit then he might be worth a one year deal?

I don't know mate. From what I can gather he was on 50k a week at West Ham.Lets say a huge wage cut brings him down to 10- 15k, is it worth spending that kind of money on an ageing midfielder?  Especially when we have the likes of our midfield who offer genuine quality, energy and consistency (well in the Championship anyway!) I just don't want to see us offering silly money like we did last time for players who won't give us a decent return

I don't know mate. From what I can gather he was on 50k a week at West Ham.Lets say a huge wage cut brings him down to 10- 15k, is it worth spending that kind of money on an ageing midfielder? Especially when we have the likes of our midfield who offer genuine quality, energy and consistency (well in the Championship anyway!) I just don't want to see us offering silly money like we did last time for players who won't give us a decent return

I trust the Mac on whoever he brings in, regardless of league! So we'll have to wait and see :)

If we did make Prem we'd need cover for Chris Martin. Saw the other day that Georgios Samaras hadn't been offered new contract at Celtic and still only 29. Sell the fish to Forest for £2m :lol:  to cover his wages. Samaras probably plays similar style in terms of link up play to Martin so would perhaps fit the bill.

Archived