Player Suggestion Thread - Summer 2014

oomarkwright

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keogh needs to stay, he needs to know that the players, management and fans have faith in him, and he will get over it, in fact i'm inclined to believe it will motivate him to be better.

We do need to keep Thorne, he is an excellent player but i can see West Brom wanting to much as for Wisdom, the same sadly. 

What we need 

1 * CB Cover

1* RB (freeman as cover)

1 * LB cover

1 * DM (and cover if Eustace goes but I would keep him)

1 * cover for wide midfield

if we get theses i honestly believe we will win the league as no-one has finished third with as many points as we have this season.

I'd be looking at:

Starting RB

Cover Left back (parr?)

Cover cb (whitbread?)

Defensive mid (Thorne, however this looks less likely now, but would still really try and push the boat out for him)

Winger (with Bamford leaving think we need another here, needs to be someone who can deliver a cross and take corners etc, eagles?)

2 x Striker (first one to compete with Martin, then the other to provide a threat from the bench, as I feel we should sell sammon, fryatt maybe?)

When has Dawkins been 'class' for us.. 

I have watched him a few times and whilst he has pace and a trick or two, I never really feel he knows what his end result will be. Russell is much the same. It's like they need a coach to work on the mental side of their game. Don't get me wrong - both have great potential.

Its a big pre-season now.

We've set a high benchmark but will have some big holes to fill.

anything less than the play offs again will be perceived as failure.

We are now dependent on Chris Evans and merry band of men to show the results of their labours and produce a wave of very good signings.

I have watched him a few times and whilst he has pace and a trick or two, I never really feel he knows what his end result will be. Russell is much the same. It's like they need a coach to work on the mental side of their game. Don't get me wrong - both have great potential.

I agree they have potential but there not the full package yet but dawkins has NOT proved his worth 

Has Billy Jones been released from West Brom

I'd have him at right back!

Hopefully Martin will continue in the the same goal scoring form as this season but if not I I'd like to see a new striker brought in! Maybe Chris Wood from Leicester know they're up!

Has Billy Jones been released from West Brom

I'd have him at right back!

Hopefully Martin will continue in the the same goal scoring form as this season but if not I I'd like to see a new striker brought in! Maybe Chris Wood from Leicester know they're up!

Both great shouts Wood would be an upgrade on Sammon to challenge Martin who let's face it has no competition at all.

Would still go for Wisdom but like the idea of Jones so Wisdom could go centre back.

Rumours are circulating that Wolves are to bid £1 million for Harry Maguire - would definitely take him at that price, will be a good player in the future!

As for Billy Jones I'd imagine he'd want big £££ having been in the premiership for a couple of years, and I wouldn't want any big time Charlie's upsetting the teams morale.

Not because of today but I just don't think he can take us to that next level. Great player and works hard but just isn't good enough sadly.

Have to agree with this have said the same all season also spoke to one of the better ex centre backs we have had and he said Keogh would be a nightmare to play along side has he is to erratic you would never be able to trust him.Also said we need two new c/b's if we are to push on to the top level.

We need to trust in the the management team from top to bottom to get the right personalities with the right  skills to improve us again.

I would also say we need 2 new centre halves. If we can keep Wisdom at right back, Forsyth left back, and George Thorne, then we'll win the league with 2 new centre halves and a proper striker instead of Sammon to challenge Martin. I absolutely love Bucko and Keogh but the facts don't lie, reason why we haven't gone up is because of our defence and that needs to be addressed

If it was me I'd sign players in these positions

CB x2. Whitbread on a free transfer after his release from Leicester. Then I'd spend try and sign a younger CB with potential to also compete. Harry Maguire would be good from Blades, or Bailey Wright from Preston, recently called up for the Aussie WC squad. Maybe Richard Stearman? Liam Ridgewell? Danny Gabbidon? Out of contract and mulling other offers.

RB - Obviously we'd all like Wisdom but that's unlikely even on a loan basis. Billy Jones or Steven Reid would both be good signings at this level on frees. Both experienced in the championship and the premiership

Central Midfielder - One and only George Thorne. Has to be, even if it is unlikely. Other options could be Zoltan Gera maybe?

Forward - To replace Bamford, who won't rejoin. Damien Duff for the outwide area or Macheda for the central position?

If we can get good solid signings in those areas I feel we'll go up automatically. If first team players are sold obviously their positions would need replacing also.

Other potential signings could be Johnny Parr (linked before) or Moxey from Palace, although Forsyth has come on leaps and bounds since we were interested in signing a LB. But potentially cover is needed in that area?

Other out of contract players include Matt Taylor and Jack Collison, who could be decent.

That's the majority of a bulk of out of contract Prem players, and a pool of talent is there. Wages may be high for some of them, but they'll be on £0 a week in a month. Good potential there

I agree they have potential but there not the full package yet but dawkins has NOT proved his worth

To me Dawkins has been a huge disappointment. So predictable in where he's most likely to go with the ball and yesterday he was such a liability - giving away 2 stupid free kicks close to the QPR penalty box then playing the worst pass of the day miles over Wisdom's head. Obviously McLaren sees something in him which I don't so hopefully next season I'll be proved wrong.

Archived