Potential targets WHEN we go up

Milo

I was being serious? if you don't go up then surely the pair will leave (Or want to leave) we could lure them away with Premier League footy and higher wages, would be something I'd consider.

Did I miss summart, have you been promoted?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully we take Hughes from you.

Apart from him and maybe Bryson? can't see anyone else from you lot getting in our side.

This made me laugh.

This and the idea that any of our squad would even want to play for you.

Albrighton and Guidetti available on frees. Get a couple of decent loans like Kane and Chalobah. Couple of the Dundee United young stars. Then a sprinkling of £2m players from relegated teams. Mutch, Bardsley

I'd take Albrighton, hard to see why he doesn't get much of a look in at Villa. Whenever he's played lately he's produced...

Guidetti will no doubt want big wages

I was being serious? if you don't go up then surely the pair will leave (Or want to leave) we could lure them away with Premier League footy and higher wages, would be something I'd consider.

mmm Burnley how enticing  

I'd be more tempted to go after players that have been relegated from premiership teams then get players who are good in the championship with the hope they can make the step up into the premiership e.g. I'd rather sign Adam Johnson then Jordan Rhodes, and both would probably cost £8 million, but you've got the assurances that you know Adam Johnson is capable of playing to a good standard.

If you look at the teams most likely to get relegated you've got:

Sunderland

Cardiff

Norwich

I'd be looking at (whether you could get them or not is a different matter)

Sunderland: O'Shea, Larsson, Johnson, Giaccherini and Fletcher

Cardiff: Caulker, Mutch

Norwich: None

-------------------------------------------Grant-------------------------------------

--------Wisdom--------Keogh----------------Caulker--------------Forsyth------

----------------------------Bryson----------------Hughes---------------------------

-------Larsson-----------------------------------------------------Johnson---------

----------------------------Martin---------------Fletcher-----------------------------

Obviously thats without looking abroad and pulling players from the teams that will finish in the bottom 3, and hoping we can sign Wisdom and keeping Hughes (which shouldn't be too difficult if we get promoted).

I'd be more tempted to go after players that have been relegated from premiership teams then get players who are good in the championship with the hope they can make the step up into the premiership e.g. I'd rather sign Adam Johnson then Jordan Rhodes, and both would probably cost £8 million, but you've got the assurances that you know Adam Johnson is capable of playing to a good standard.

Sunderland

Cardiff

Norwich

I'd be looking at (whether you could get them or not is a different matter)

Sunderland: O'Shea, Larsson, Johnson, Giaccherini and Fletcher

Cardiff: Caulker, Mutch

Norwich: None

-------------------------------------------Grant-------------------------------------

--------Wisdom--------Keogh----------------Caulker--------------Forsyth------

----------------------------Bryson----------------Hughes---------------------------

-------Larsson-----------------------------------------------------Johnson---------

----------------------------Martin---------------Fletcher-----------------------------

Obviously thats without looking abroad and pulling players from the teams that will finish in the bottom 3, and hoping we can sign Wisdom and keeping Hughes (which shouldn't be too difficult if we get promoted).

Fletcher would be a good signing to compete with Martin but there's no way we'd switch to 4-4-2. I'd like (preferably) Johnson, Giaccherini or Larsson as well to really improve what we have on the wing. Hopefully Fulham go down, they've got decent CDMs in Parker and Sidwell, we really do need to strengthen in that area (ideally we'd get Thorne back on loan with view to a permanent as well).

If we go up... The possibilities are endless.

Chelsea have got some fantastic youngsters that could do with a loan deal - I'm talking far better than Bamford here.

Some cracking players in La Liga like I have mentioned a few times - especially of Real Valladolid, Almeria or Real Betis go down. Money is tight over there, we could grab a few stars..

Players like Suso, Alvaro Vadillo, Omar Ramos would be very good.

Obviously you need to find the right balance, but we'd be daft not to explore outside of the UK. Afterall, Norwich over the past two years or so have picked up literally all the better players from the Championship (well Leeds Utd) and it hasn't worked.

Cardiff City are an example of what not to do either... Splashing big money on only two or three players who have turned out to be abit rubbish... Gary Medel isn't bad, but for 13m euros that's not wise.. In Caulker, Medel and Cornelius they spent more than 25m...

Whereas Swansea spent less than half of that and bought far better players.

Thats a lot of money for those three, Caulker the only one there with any real talent

Sunderland

Cardiff

Norwich

I'd be realistically looking at 

Sunderland: O'Shea, Larsson, Johnson, Giaccherini and Fletcher Wickham, Gardner, Ki, Colback, 

Cardiff: Caulker, Mutch, Noone, Brayford

Norwich: None Hoolahan, Redmond, Snodgrass, Bassong, Olsson, 

Scrap that, it was a pretty god awful defence and formation.

DEFENCE:

CB: Bring back Wisdom to play at CB, his preferred position. He's an excellent mobile defender, which means we could bring in an older more experienced CB to marshal the team because Wisdom's athleticism would cover for him. I'd have Keogh and Bucko as cover.

Full backs: Forsyth will be a good squad player and should get his chance, but ideally we'd bring in a LB for competition with him (Olsson from Norwich is a possibility). At RB we need to bring in two of them. I'd bring in Brayford and someone else, probably from abroad.

Formation:

1. Stick with a 4-3-3, picking out a quality CDM (keep an eye on Jack Cork's situation) and playing Hughes and Bryson ahead of him. Russell and Dawkins stay on (Wardy leaving), buying two new wingers (Redmond and Noone would be my choices, but etc.) and a ST for competition with Martin (as much as I think he'll make the step up, we always need a back-up plan)

2. Go to a 4-2-3-1, put Hughes and that new CDM I was talking about at holding midfield. The best part about this is the attacking 3 can change a lot. We'd have Bryson through the middle, but we could have any of Hoolahan, Russell, Dawkins, Noone, Redmond, Snodgrass, Mutch etc.

But ideally we'd look abroad a lot too, Alberto Bueno would be an amazing player to bring back.

Obviously thats without looking abroad and pulling players from the teams that will finish in the bottom 3, and hoping we can Loan Wisdom and keeping Hughes (which shouldn't be too difficult if we get promoted).

Fixed ALL of that for you

Apart from him and maybe Bryson? can't see anyone else from you lot getting in our side.

Hahaha.

You came across quite a decent poster when you first came on this forum...

Now you just look like a dick to be honest.

haha, jesus...  :lol:  Of course not buddy -  ^_^

The fact you think Hughes is a reasonable suggestion just sums that post up. 

It's just so ignorant - I'm starting to think you may be a undercover Forest fan   :unsure:

haha, jesus...  :lol:  Of course not buddy -  ^_^

The fact you think Hughes is a reasonable suggestion just sums that post up. 

It's just so ignorant - I'm starting to think you may be a undercover Forest fan   :unsure:

I'm starting to think the same. Try and lull us into a false sense of security by sounding reasonable and then pulling out the wummery. 

Archived