Potential targets WHEN we go up

Milo

our biggest problem wont be who to go for but who we lose if we don't go up

Why would we necessarily lose anyone that we don't want/choose to lose?  We've had a cracking season, however it ends; the club will have sold 17/18000 season tickets alone for next year; the team spirit is clearly good as is the training and general set up. We are a club on the up

Bryson has had a great season and would look at his options but he would only want an upper PL club I would guess or maybe Celtic; Chris Martin has only just moved and settled in; Hendo might think that he would get more games elsewhere but would he in the PL?; the loanees can all choose to go back - I would guess their host clubs will want to have a pre-season look at them, except possibly Chelsea and Bamford and Leicester and Whitbread, but they've all had a good time here; the back five bar Wisdom aren't going anywhere else neither is Dawkins or Wardy; Mason might be cheesed off but equally he knows he might get his chance next season; Hughes would consider offers but he wants a top 4 club and will he get the game time at his age, or the offer at this time? 

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When it comes to players moving, I don't want to us to sound like Forest fans please.

Aside from Hughes, Bennett...etc the rest of our players would gladly move to a Premier League club - luckily for us, it would have to be a Premier League club.

I don't envisage Martin signing for Brighton, Forest...etc in the summer for example, that's something we haven't been able to ensure for a while. 

Why would you change formation? Makes literally no sense.

p.s. that lightweight midfield would help us just about get 10 points.

No Bucko either - make that 5 points.

One problem, both have been Burnley and noone in their right minds would want to live in that sh*thole.

You want to ask your mum/sister if you can venture outside burnley one day, then even you might reconsider.

There is some nice houses and areas on the out skirts, even Manchester (only 45 minutes away) who says they have to live in Burnley?

Why is everything I say shot down and presumed I'm on a wind up??? I was serious with the suggestions.
If we go up, Hughes would be a good signing for us and it would be a good career move for him as he'd be getting game time in the Premier League, unless he'd rather just go to Barcelona and play in their 2nd team in the third division of Spanish football or what ever it is, without having a chance of getting first team footy.

Why is everything I say shot down and presumed I'm on a wind up??? I was serious with the suggestions.

If we go up, Hughes would be a good signing for us and it would be a good career move for him as he'd be getting game time in the Premier League, unless he'd rather just go to Barcelona and play in their 2nd team in the third division of Spanish football or what ever it is, without having a chance of getting first team footy.

There are probably a dozen better options for Hughes than festering at Burnley. Strangely enough, it won't come to a choice between being Burnley's best player for 40 years and a bench-warmer in Spain.

Hopefully he goes to the premier league with us.

Cus if was an ambitious midfielder still learning my trade I'd rather take notes from Xavi, Ozil, Gerrard, Alonso or Yaya Tourè than Dave 'Never cut it in the Prem' Jones...

:)

Cus if was an ambitious midfielder still learning my trade I'd rather take notes from Xavi, Ozil, Gerrard, Alonso or Yaya Tourè than Dave 'Never cut it in the Prem' Jones...

Yeah so would I of course, but would you rather sit in the reserves rotting at a big club or playing week in week out in the best league in the world?

Why would they want to go to burnley when they will be playing championship football after next year still think if the ref hadn't made such a wrong decision sending Martin off we would have won and been sat 2nd in the table

There are probably a dozen better options for Hughes than festering at Burnley. Strangely enough, it won't come to a choice between being Burnley's best player for 40 years and a bench-warmer in Spain.

Utter garbage, for what it's worth I don't even think he is that good... doesn't score enough but looks classy on the ball.

If he goes to a top club he will just be another over hyped English youngster who would rather rot and pick up a pay packet than actually play football. Ings is a much better prospect IMO funnily enough our Right back has more assists than your attacking midfielder Hughes.

Why would they want to go to burnley when they will be playing championship football after next year still think if the ref hadn't made such a wrong decision sending Martin off we would have won and been sat 2nd in the table

Garbage again, when was the last time you beat us????

Burnley came to town earlier in the season and you led down and rolled over and we cruised to a 3-0 win, your lucky it was an off day for us at the Turf or it would of been a nasty 5-0 hammering.

Utter garbage, for what it's worth I don't even think he is that good... doesn't score enough but looks classy on the ball.

If he goes to a top club he will just be another over hyped English youngster who would rather rot and pick up a pay packet than actually play football. Ings is a much better prospect IMO funnily enough our Right back has more assists than your attacking midfielder Hughes.

All this proves is that you are a tedious tw@ on a wind-up. Don't you have BNP leaflets to distribute?

Hughes is a kid - like you. Now feck off.

So you wouldn't want him anyway! Subject closed.

Archived