Potential targets WHEN we go up

Milo

I came here in peace, hoped you won the play offs until some arrogant posters wound me up with utter Sh**e about how ''if derby got mclaren we'd be 2nd'' ''burnley are a hoofball side'' ''burnley are lucky, if martin didn't get sent off we would of won'' ''if we win all our games burnley will lose all theirs and we will get 2nd'' ''we deserve 2nd burnley are lucky''

1 poster.

Everyone else was sound with you. But you chose to focus on one guys comments.

I thought we were all open minded fans. But you saying we only have two players that would get in your side is as bad as our one poster saying what he said.

You're second. We're third. 2 players? Honestly?

I don't care how many assist Hughes as. If it wasn't for his instincts then we'd not be as controlled as we are. Yaya Toure and Modric got about 10 assists between them in Modrics last season. Are they not creative? Assists are based on who touched the ball last. We sold a lad who had 5 assists in one game.... All corners.

Hughes is essential to the way we want to play. I couldn't give a fook if some journalist who's never seen him play says he's the next Gerrard (true story). He's valuable to US!! The team need him. He's nothing like Gerrard. He can't control media garbage. Just let him do his job. He's a key player at 18 for a side fighting for promotion.

You can keep Tom Ince thanks.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I came here in peace, hoped you won the play offs until some arrogant posters wound me up with utter Sh**e about how ''if derby got mclaren we'd be 2nd'' ''burnley are a hoofball side'' ''burnley are lucky, if martin didn't get sent off we would of won'' ''if we win all our games burnley will lose all theirs and we will get 2nd'' ''we deserve 2nd burnley are lucky''

Ironic because all of those examples (bar the 4th - I'm not an idiot) are completely true.

1. If our form under McClaren had been done over the whole season, we'd be second and you'd be third. Simple mathematics.

2. Burnley are a hoofball side. Always have been, always will be. Ugly football for an ugly town.

3. Martin was wrongly sent off and it changed the game. I'm pretty confident in saying we would have gone on to not lose that game and the gap between us would have been much smaller.

4. As I say, I'm not an idiot. You're not going going to lose all four of your remaining fixtures.

5. I think you have been a bit lucky in several games this season, certainly more than us. Couldn't believe what I was hearing on the Football League Show when Dyche said decisions always go against them. Complete and utter ******.

Is this kid serious? Ings a better prospect than Hughes? Lol. Ings has been found out and now he's stopped scoring. Lewis Grabben has the same amount of goals... If you understood Hughes's game you'd realise that assists and goals aren't part of it

Ings has been injured for ages and is now playing half fit and was also playing through the pain pre-injury for a few games. 

Ironic because all of those examples (bar the 4th - I'm not an idiot) are completely true.

1. If our form under McClaren had been done over the whole season, we'd be second and you'd be third. Simple mathematics.

2. Burnley are a hoofball side. Always have been, always will be. Ugly football for an ugly town.

3. Martin was wrongly sent off and it changed the game. I'm pretty confident in saying we would have gone on to not lose that game and the gap between us would have been much smaller.

4. As I say, I'm not an idiot. You're not going going to lose all four of your remaining fixtures.

5. I think you have been a bit lucky in several games this season, certainly more than us. Couldn't believe what I was hearing on the Football League Show when Dyche said decisions always go against them. Complete and utter ******.

2. Hoofball side hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha class

3. you haven't beaten us in about 5 years and you were camped in your own half 11 v 11, was only going to go 1 way.

5. Decisions go against everyone, we've had our fair share of **** decisions as I'm sure you have, happens to us all. Oh but I'm guessing just because we got a lucky decision against you, that means we get all decisions against everyone? yeah of course.

1 poster.

Everyone else was sound with you. But you chose to focus on one guys comments.

I thought we were all open minded fans. But you saying we only have two players that would get in your side is as bad as our one poster saying what he said.

You're second. We're third. 2 players? Honestly?

I don't care how many assist Hughes as. If it wasn't for his instincts then we'd not be as controlled as we are. Yaya Toure and Modric got about 10 assists between them in Modrics last season. Are they not creative? Assists are based on who touched the ball last. We sold a lad who had 5 assists in one game.... All corners.

Hughes is essential to the way we want to play. I couldn't give a fook if some journalist who's never seen him play says he's the next Gerrard (true story). He's valuable to US!! The team need him. He's nothing like Gerrard. He can't control media garbage. Just let him do his job. He's a key player at 18 for a side fighting for promotion.

You can keep Tom Ince thanks.

I genuinely believe only 2 of your players would get in our side... heres a 1-11....

Heaton

Trippier ???? Shackell Mee

Arfield ???? Jones ?????

Vokes Ings

you fill in the gaps.

He's still stopped scoring, after a great start I feel he's been figured out..

Yeah unless you expect him to score when on crutches.

Championship Player of the Year, best player in the league and the top scorer in the league (in all comps) before injury.

There isn't really a way to figure him out, he runs his ******** off all game and gets chances laid on a plate which he sticks away.. to stop Ings you have to stop the supply.

2. Hoofball side hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha class

Admittidley I haven't seen much of Burnley this season, but a quick look on WhoScored.com suggests that you're a percentage football side, so let me have a guess… the ball gets played long to Vokes, he flicks it on, the midfield and wingers play it about abit trying to work an opportunity and then bang, final ball? Am I right?

Burnley, for the love of all things holy, please do something more productive with your time.

Surely you have something better to do than p1ss in the wind with rival fans at quarter to 1 in the morning? Is this the kind of thing you'll be glad you spent your time doing on your death bed?

I don't know what you're planning to achieve, maybe the whole forum to up sticks and support the mighty Burnley instead, or for us all to go to bed having dreams that the incredible Danny Ings played for Derby.

Socrates couldn't persuade the jury that he hadn't corrupted the youth of Athens or posed a threat to the city, so I'm sorry mate, but as incredibly coherent as your arguments have been, you're not going to make history by changing anyone's mind.

So you really are wasting your time, and server space.

Log out, chill out, and do something else. Stick the telly on. Go to bed. Drop a mate a text and see if he wants a game of FIFA. Go on ClaretsPlayer and watch all those incredible goals Burnley have scored in their march to automatic promotion.

Just please, for your own sake, not mine, put an end to this tragic waste of your precious time. You don't get much of it on this planet.

Admittidley I haven't seen much of Burnley this season, but a quick look on WhoScored.com suggests that you're a percentage football side, so let me have a guess… the ball gets played long to Vokes, he flicks it on, the midfield and wingers play it about abit trying to work an opportunity and then bang, final ball? Am I right?

We mix it up very well, we hit Vokes long sometimes (well pre-injury) but a lot of our play goes down the right hand side in Trippier on the over lap.. we're at our best when keeping the ball down but Vokes wins everything in the air so would be silly not to mix it up.. Wouldn't say we're just a long ball side though, we're very unpredictable and hard working.

I can pick apart what you've argued against there - and since I'm in a good mood, I will...

''Burnley are a hoofball side'' - well technically, you're a long ball side - the statistics back this up.

Burnley average 402 passes per game, which 20% of which are 'long ball'  - in comparison with ourselves, we average 484 per game, which 14% of which are long ball. In practice these differences are huge too - we've made 4200 more accurate passes than you over the season.

''If Derby had McClaren, they'd have finished second'' - again, the evidence does indicate that is true.

Since he took charge of his first game against Leeds, we've picked up 63 points in the following 32 games. Burnley have picked up 60 - three points less. Which means since he has been here we have been the second best team in the division, slightly.

''Burnley were lucky'' - well I wouldn't personally say that, you took your chances...

Aggregate score of the two games - Burnley 5 - 0 Derby... speaks volumes.

However, the rest of the stats... Derby 61% Burnley 39% - Derby 31 shots Burnley 23 - Derby 1118 passes Burnley 710 - Derby pass success rate 80.5  Burnley 68% - accurate passes landed... Derby 900 Burnley 482

Also, statistics state the Burnley / Derby combined team would be.... Heaton, Trippier, Buxton, Keogh, Forsyth, Bryson, Marney, Hughes, Vokes, Martin, Ings

5 Burnley, 6 Derby.. about as fair as you can get? No...

Yeah unless you expect him to score when on crutches.

Championship Player of the Year, best player in the league and the top scorer in the league (in all comps) before injury.

There isn't really a way to figure him out, he runs his ******** off all game and gets chances laid on a plate which he sticks away.. to stop Ings you have to stop the supply.

Tough tits. All players get injured, he has to come back and prove himself. Can't be an excuse

I can pick apart what you've argued against there - and since I'm in a good mood, I will...

''Burnley are a hoofball side'' - well technically, you're a long ball side - the statistics back this up.

Burnley average 402 passes per game, which 20% of which are 'long ball' - in comparison with ourselves, we average 484 per game, which 14% of which are long ball. In practice these differences are huge too - we've made 4200 more accurate passes than you over the season.

''If Derby had McClaren, they'd have finished second'' - again, the evidence does indicate that is true.

Since he took charge of his first game against Leeds, we've picked up 63 points in the following 32 games. Burnley have picked up 60 - three points less. Which means since he has been here we have been the second best team in the division, slightly.

''Burnley were lucky'' - well I wouldn't personally say that, you took your chances...

However, the rest of the stats... Derby 61% Burnley 39% - Derby 31 shots Burnley 23 - Derby 1118 passes Burnley 710 - Derby pass success rate 80.5 Burnley 68% - accurate passes landed... Derby 900 Burnley 482

Also, statistics state the Burnley / Derby combined team would be.... Heaton, Trippier, Buxton, Keogh, Forsyth, Bryson, Marney, Hughes, Vokes, Martin, Ings

Schooled ;)

I can pick apart what you've argued against there - and since I'm in a good mood, I will...

Burnley average 402 passes per game, which 20% of which are 'long ball'  - in comparison with ourselves, we average 484 per game, which 14% of which are long ball. In practice these differences are huge too - we've made 4200 more accurate passes than you over the season.

However, the rest of the stats... Derby 61% Burnley 39% - Derby 31 shots Burnley 23 - Derby 1118 passes Burnley 710 - Derby pass success rate 80.5  Burnley 68% - accurate passes landed... Derby 900 Burnley 482

Shackell craps all over your two centre halves, we both know that.... 

An for the record I think you lot play some good stuff, but comparing us both is garbage, as you play some good passing football, we mix it up well.. two different styles of football, doesn't make us a long ball side because you guys had more completed passes. 

You wouldn't be 2nd had you of had MClaren at the start either, the new manager syndrome has worn off and you have faltered lately, and who is too say you would of won games at the start of the season? no1 it's nonsense... football games aren't won on statistics btw

Buxton and Keogh over Shackell HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 

We have conceded the least amount of goals in the league, struggle to see how any of your crap defenders get anywhere near our side but ye what ever

The statistics speak for themselves, it's your own call to believe them.

Personally, I don't think a clogger like Marney should be anywhere near the team over Hughes - but the statistics say he is, therefore I put him in.

Shackell is prone to misplacing passes - a lot more than both our centre-backs, I think they may be something to do with it.

Archived