Potential targets WHEN we go up

Milo

The statistics speak for themselves, it's your own call to believe them.

Personally, I don't think a clogger like Marney should be anywhere near the team over Hughes - but the statistics say he is, therefore I put him in.

Shackell is prone to misplacing passes - a lot more than both our centre-backs, I think they may be something to do with it.

What stats? the fact we've conceded less goals than you? and the least in the league?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Duff is tosh, Shackell is quality, fact. Buxton and Keogh would both individually get in your side, as would Forsyth

Maybe one of them would get in alongside Shackell, Duff is far from tosh though!!!

Forsyth wouldn't get anywhere near the left back spot when Mee is there.

I think you're forgetting we have conceded the least amount of goals in the league, but you seem to think your defence is better Hahahahaha delusional 

Maybe one of them would get in alongside Shackell, Duff is far from tosh though!!!

Forsyth wouldn't get anywhere near the left back spot when Mee is there.

I think you're forgetting we have conceded the least amount of goals in the league, but you seem to think your defence is better Hahahahaha delusional 

And that means what exactly?

Barcelona have conceded less goals than Real Madrid yet Sergio Ramos is the best defender in the world...

Derby when we got promoted last had Dean Leacock and Darren Moore playing centre-back, two bang average defenders who were totally out of their depth in the PL... Go and check how many clean sheets we got during that promotion season. I bet it tops the amount you have now.

It's clear there is nothing to choose between the team, and since McLaren has been in charge we've been pretty darn good.. Our GD has jumped up like +26 since he's been here - that's the sign of a good team.

But your statement regarding which players would get into which team is ridiculous. You can't base it on league position.

How many Spurs players would get into Man United's team? How many Palace players would get into Swansea's team? How many Atletico Madrid players would get into Real Madrid's team?

Also, harping back to when we last got promoted. We finished 8 points ahead of WBA and 10+ clear of Southampton, yet none (maybe Giles Barnes and Matt Oakley on form) of our hoofers that season would have made their starting XI 

Believe me when I say this. If you get promoted, it will be down to the system you have in place, not your players... You will need a massive repair in the summer UNLESS you can find a system to work in the PL like Hull and Palace have.

What stats? the fact we've conceded less goals than you? and the least in the league?

I'd check www.whoscored.com bud - but yeah Bris is spot on.

Also, do you base it on this year only? I mean Heaton conceded the most goals in the Championship just last season, and now he is the best keeper in the league? how?

I'm not taking anything away from his record, but you can see how I can poke holes in your theory about purely looking at 'goals conceded' and 'goals scored' 

I mean take Alex McCarthy at Reading for example, he has conceded 15 goals more than Heaton. HOWEVER, Alex McCarthy has had to deal with over 100 shots more - 115 more shots to be exact. 

A stat that makes Reading one of the leakiest defences in the Championship - they're fortunate to have him as a keeper. 

I'd check www.whoscored.com bud - but yeah Bris is spot on.

Also, do you base it on this year only? I mean Heaton conceded the most goals in the Championship just last season, and now he is the best keeper in the league? how?

I'm not taking anything away from his record, but you can see how I can poke holes in your theory about purely looking at 'goals conceded' and 'goals scored' 

I mean take Alex McCarthy at Reading for example, he has conceded 15 goals more than Heaton. HOWEVER, Alex McCarthy has had to deal with over 100 shots more - 115 more shots to be exact. 

A stat that makes Reading one of the leakiest defences in the Championship - they're fortunate to have him as a keeper. 

Never once said he was the best keeper in the Championship.

I can't believe you're even arguing that Shackell is worse than the 2 donkeys you have at centre half, it's embarrassing.... surely you know how good Shackell is considering he played for you???

Trippier is the best right  back in the league, that's just basic knowledge.

Mee is outstanding at left back, defensively he is excellent the only bit lacking is going forward but he is improving.

The weak link in our defence is Duff, who will be replaced next season. But he has been excellent for us this season as the stats prove (we've conceded the least in the division for a reason)

Still can't be @rsed to read what all the squabbling is about.

But to be fair burnley beat us twice.

They deserve to be ahead of us.

They've improved.

A couple of seasons ago Eddie Howes team came here and won but were a disgrace.

Time wasting, faking injury, absolute disgrace.

This year they beat us at Pride Park because we got it wrong tactically.

We hadn't sorted out the right back position.

We reverted to 442, seemed too flat, and burnley played through us and tore us apart.

To add insult to injury shackell scored but had the decency not to celebrate.

(Selling shackell will always be nigels biggest cock up).

I didn't see the away match but the sending off was harsh AND cost us a goal.

It had a huge impact on the game, but we do allow the opposition to play and therefore our away form can be dodgy.

As for the relative merits of the sides:

Our biggest problem is that we have plugged gaps in the squad with loan signings.

Take away wisdom, thorne, bamford etc and we would slip down the table.

Burnley's team has been built over the course of a few seasons.

Scott arfield has been a bit of a surprise.

Shackell, vokes, mee and heaton were good buys last season.

Ings, stanislas and trippier were good signings the year before.

Both teams have come from nowhere (10th and 11th) to hit the top 3 and both deserve credit.

I can't believe you're even arguing that Shackell is worse than the 2 donkeys you have at centre half, it's embarrassing.... surely you know how good Shackell is considering he played for you???

Mee is outstanding at left back, defensively he is excellent the only bit lacking is going forward but he is improving.

The weak link in our defence is Duff, who will be replaced next season. But he has been excellent for us this season as the stats prove (we've conceded the least in the division for a reason)

Can't be that basic as I didn't know...

Also, the best RB in the league last season is now playing in League 1 - go figure.

The closest Right back to Trippier in this league is De Leat... Trippier is that good that our team play through him, our main attacks come through him, he has the most assists in the league and is a ******* Right back lol

I may be a little biased some times, but anyone who doesn't think Trippier is the best right back in this league is nothing but deluded!!!
if you don't think he is the best right back in the league then you don't watch football, full stop.
The best right back we've ever had, sensational talent I just hope we can keep hold of him.

You my friend are a total arse.

Are you suggesting that defensive work is only carried out by a back 4 and a goalie??, hmmm, no one else helps out when you don't have the ball.

Are you suggesting that you only ever concede goals from open play also??, never free kicks or corners or penalties.

Are you suggesting that when said corners and free kicks are given against you, only your back 4 are defending??

Saying our 2 CD are donkeys is a ridiculous and childish comment.

So on your logic that your defence is better than ours, because you have conceded less, going to apply to our attacking players?.

Because last time i checked we have scored more goals than anyone in the league, bar Fester. So that must mean we have better attacking players than your bunch of donkeys.

And lets face it Ings has over acheived this season hasn't he?, just look at his stats for the previous seasons. Utter *****. Even sammon scored more goals than him last season.

Your obviously 10 years old and talk utter dribble, now fook off.

Are you still banging your bloody drum, you silly wind-up person? 

You ceased to have ANY credibility when you described Derby's central defensive pairing as "…your two donkeys".

You like stats - well, here's one for you.

Since the day Steve McClaren took over from Clough, Burnley and Derby have both conceded a creditable 28 goals from 30 games. Hardly donkeys compared to your thoroughbreds.

Here's another.

Over those 30 games, Derby have acquired 57 points to Burnley's 54, but we are both a military mile behind Leicester.

Championship football is played over a 46 match season, and if Burnley go up, it will be no fluke. Even if Burnley's wheels fall off and we pip you at the post, that would be no fluke either. Teams rarely go through a full season without a 'wobble' - Burnley so far have been immune, but perhaps yours will come now.

Unlikely? Yes. Impossible? Far from it.

I remember the season (1971-72) when Derby had finished their fixtures on top of Division 1, but Liverpool and Leeds still had a game to play. Liverpool needed to win at Arsenal, but all Leeds had to do was to pick up a point at Wolves. No prizes for guessing who won. Derby never really got the credit they deserved - "Champions by Default" we were described as in some circles - but look in the history books. Churlish words are soon forgotten, but the league table is cast in stone.

You my friend are a total arse.

Are you suggesting that defensive work is only carried out by a back 4 and a goalie??, hmmm, no one else helps out when you don't have the ball.

Are you suggesting that you only ever concede goals from open play also??, never free kicks or corners or penalties.

Are you suggesting that when said corners and free kicks are given against you, only your back 4 are defending??

Saying our 2 CD are donkeys is a ridiculous and childish comment.

So on your logic that your defence is better than ours, because you have conceded less, going to apply to our attacking players?.

Because last time i checked we have scored more goals than anyone in the league, bar Fester. So that must mean we have better attacking players than your bunch of donkeys.

And lets face it Ings has over acheived this season hasn't he?, just look at his stats for the previous seasons. Utter *****. Even sammon scored more goals than him last season.

Your obviously 10 years old and talk utter dribble, now fook off.

How many of your players have scored more than Ings or Vokes? hahahahahha the 2 of them have scored more than your whole front line put together. Ings barely played last year, has been injured constantly since signing for a lot of money as a young 18 year old kid. and when he did play he was played out wide to accommodate Austin.

Now he has had largely an injury free season and playing upfront as the main man (no Austin now) he has relished and is now showing the potential he was bought for!!!!!

Not like your crappy league 1 standard journey man striker Martin, who couldn't hit a barn door at Norwich so they shipped him out to any crappy club that would take him, he also couldn't hit a barn door while out on loan at any of these clubs, he even had a loan spell at Luton in the conference (they may of been in league 2)

He even went on loan at Swindon last season and couldn't even get a game hahahahaha Martin scored 2 in 13 games for you on loan so you then signed him hahahahahh

Now who is overachieving? 

Just look down your team sheet, and then tell me who is over achieving????

Your team on paper is dreadful, 2 maybe 3 players would get in our side and they're not even that good.
It's made up of loan players and journeymen who have failed everywhere they've been, it's okay.... when we seal our promotion in the next few days, and you fail in the play offs... Hughes and Bryson will be off, then what??
Back to relegation scraps, with a team full of loan players and free transfers while Burnley are sat in the promise land cherry picking your best players (like we did with Shackell) 

How many of your players have scored more than Ings or Vokes? hahahahahha the 2 of them have scored more than your whole front line put together. Ings barely played last year, has been injured constantly since signing for a lot of money as a young 18 year old kid. and when he did play he was played out wide to accommodate Austin.

Now he has had largely an injury free season and playing upfront as the main man (no Austin now) he has relished and is now showing the potential he was bought for!!!!!

Not like your crappy league 1 standard journey man striker Martin, who couldn't hit a barn door at Norwich so they shipped him out to any crappy club that would take him, he also couldn't hit a barn door while out on loan at any of these clubs, he even had a loan spell at Luton in the conference (they may of been in league 2)

He even went on loan at Swindon last season and couldn't even get a game hahahahaha Martin scored 2 in 13 games for you on loan so you then signed him hahahahahh

Now who is overachieving? 

Ings played 33 games last season and scored 3 goals you muppet.

Martin is being coached by one of the best in the business now FACT.

I said attacking players, not strikers, take your time and read slowly next time, it might sink in yoof.

You defend as a team and attack as a team.

It's like arguing with a 3 year old.

Ings played 33 games last season and scored 3 goals you muppet.

Martin is being coached by one of the best in the business now FACT.

I said attacking players, not strikers, take your time and read slowly next time, it might sink in yoof.

You defend as a team and attack as a team.

It's like arguing with a 3 year old.

so Ings played 33 games out wide and scored 3 goals? what exactly is your point...

Your team on paper is dreadful, 2 maybe 3 players would get in our side and they're not even that good.

It's made up of loan players and journeymen who have failed everywhere they've been, it's okay.... when we seal our promotion in the next few days, and you fail in the play offs... Hughes and Bryson will be off, then what??

Back to relegation scraps, with a team full of loan players and free transfers while Burnley are sat in the promise land cherry picking your best players (like we did with Shackell) 

Are you lookin to get banned.

What an absolute ********. If your older than 10 years old i'd be suprised.

Tell me who the journeymen are and where they've failed... Please...

Archived