Potential targets WHEN we go up

Milo

I was being serious? if you don't go up then surely the pair will leave (Or want to leave) we could lure them away with Premier League footy and higher wages, would be something I'd consider.

Yeah but who in their right mind would want to live in Burnley? Apart from those currently residing in Leeds & Nottingham that is!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah but who in their right mind would want to live in Burnley? Apart from those currently residing in Leeds & Nottingham that is!

Have you ever heard of cars? who says they would need to live in Burnley??? they could live in Manchester and drive 45 minutes to get to Burnley... 

Will Hughes is all potential, he is a decent Championship midfielder at the moment, over hyped because he is English. 

He looks very classy in possession but doesn't do an awful lot with it (check his goal scoring record and assist record)

Making out he is good enough for Barcelona or a top 4 club is just bonkers, if he was good enough for a top 4 club or Barca he'd be scoring 20+ goals a season and winning Championship player of the year at the very least.

Is he better than Thiago? who couldn't get a game at Barca?????? absolutely no where near.
Is he better than Wilshere? nowhere near.
Is he better than Tom Ince? who has done nothing at Palace? no he isn't.

He is all potential and is over hyped like all English players.

Utter garbage, for what it's worth I don't even think he is that good... doesn't score enough but looks classy on the ball.

If he goes to a top club he will just be another over hyped English youngster who would rather rot and pick up a pay packet than actually play football. Ings is a much better prospect IMO funnily enough our Right back has more assists than your attacking midfielder Hughes.

Your right back also has more league assists than Xavi and Iniesta combined, so I don't see your point.

Your right back also has more league assists than Xavi and Iniesta combined, so I don't see your point.

As good as Will Hughes looks on the ball, what does he offer? 

goals? no. Assists? no

And that's in the Championship, so put him in the Premier League and the probability is he'd do even worse. 

Garbage again, when was the last time you beat us????

Burnley came to town earlier in the season and you led down and rolled over and we cruised to a 3-0 win, your lucky it was an off day for us at the Turf or it would of been a nasty 5-0 hammering.

Every decision the ref made was wrong sky said it everyone saw it even the FL show which hates us said it! Just go enjoy your promotion and p*ss off

goals? no. Assists? no

And that's in the Championship, so put him in the Premier League and the probability is he'd do even worse.

He's a playmaker, not a trequartista or a runner, so his job isn't to create goals or score them. His jobs to; find space in order to receive the ball, use the ball intelligently, to make 'the right pass', to find the teammate with most space in order to keep the attack flowing. There's plenty of evidence that he does this well, just take a look at our goals from the last two seasons, I promise you that in at least half of them Hughes is the player that gives that ball to the player that puts the final ball in. His role is to assist the assist, essentially.

goals? no. Assists? no

this is a forum for derby fans. fxck off!

I'd be more tempted to go after players that have been relegated from premiership teams.....

Players from relegated teams eh? Seems to me that the reason the teams have been relegated might have summat t' do wi' the players not being good enough.

I came here in peace, hoped you won the play offs until some arrogant posters wound me up with utter Sh**e about how ''if derby got mclaren we'd be 2nd'' ''burnley are a hoofball side'' ''burnley are lucky, if martin didn't get sent off we would of won'' ''if we win all our games burnley will lose all theirs and we will get 2nd'' ''we deserve 2nd burnley are lucky''

I came here in peace, hoped you won the play offs until some arrogant posters wound me up with utter Sh**e about how ''if derby got mclaren we'd be 2nd'' ''burnley are a hoofball side'' ''burnley are lucky, if martin didn't get sent off we would of won'' ''if we win all our games burnley will lose all theirs and we will get 2nd'' ''we deserve 2nd burnley are lucky''

It hurts my head when I bang it on the wall. Don't keep making me do it everyone!

We welcomed you in peace, yes you had a bit of grief from one of our more enthusiastic posters but clearly you're easily offended, fair enough. Then you give us ***** like "Derby's attendance record is poor" "Will Hughes isn't that good" "We should be champions" "Injuries have been so unkind to us" etc etc. All the while you show no sense of humour and continue to shove your views in our faces well past the point it's apparent they're not welcome. Please do us all a favour and fuk off. We couldn't give a ***** about your views anymore.

Utter garbage, for what it's worth I don't even think he is that good... doesn't score enough but looks classy on the ball.

If he goes to a top club he will just be another over hyped English youngster who would rather rot and pick up a pay packet than actually play football. Ings is a much better prospect IMO funnily enough our Right back has more assists than your attacking midfielder Hughes.

Is this kid serious? Ings a better prospect than Hughes? Lol. Ings has been found out and now he's stopped scoring. Lewis Grabben has the same amount of goals... If you understood Hughes's game you'd realise that assists and goals aren't part of it

Have you ever heard of cars? who says they would need to live in Burnley??? they could live in Manchester and drive 45 minutes to get to Burnley... 

Will Hughes is all potential, he is a decent Championship midfielder at the moment, over hyped because he is English. 

He looks very classy in possession but doesn't do an awful lot with it (check his goal scoring record and assist record)

Making out he is good enough for Barcelona or a top 4 club is just bonkers, if he was good enough for a top 4 club or Barca he'd be scoring 20+ goals a season and winning Championship player of the year at the very least.

iniesta has 3 goals this season.

Archived