January Transfer Suggestions and Bollox Rumours

SalfordRam

Er... I think you'll find that they could play, and they did play in the Premier League. Personally, my stats say "0 appearances", I'd imagine yours does too. But even Eddie Lewis' stats say something like "25 appearances in Premier League", thus making him a Premier League player.

Two things annoy me about that sentence.

1) The lack of acceptance that someone has to be the worst/bottom team, that doesn't mean that they didn't play or whatever. Some truly great players have been relegated. Off the top of my head, Loic Remy was relegated last season, as was Julio Cesar, do you regard them as players that "couldn't play in the Premier League"??

2) Derby fans appear to have taken a real Anti-Derby view on our Premier League season, saying things I'd expect a Forest fan who didn't attend any games to say. In spite of our points and goals total, there were at 10 games in that season we could've been luckier in and certainly weren't rubbish.

Portsmouth (H), Bolton (H and A), Newcastle (H and A), Fulham (H and A), Liverpool (H), Chelsea (H), Sunderland (H and A), Birmingham (H)

We had absolutely no one in our team that was Premier League standard and none of them went on to better things.

I don't think I'm being too harsh, we could have got more than 11 points, could have got less to. I saw all but two games, we were dire.

Aston Villa away summed our quality up, they cut us to pieces and our response was to hit it long down the channels.. They ate it up, easily.

I understand the games you mentioned and you're missing Blackburn at home..

But you make your own luck in football, we were well, well under par.

Look at the squad of players we had, the best player we had and by some way was Hossam Ghaly. He had the bit extra that the rest didn't seem to have.

Stubbs was good too, unlucky he got injured. Villa was good in the Premier League, work horse and should have played more.

But none of them, for me were Premier League quality. They played in the Premier League, but so did Paris Simmons.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had absolutely no one in our team that was Premier League standard and none of them went on to better things.

I don't think I'm being too harsh, we could have got more than 11 points, could have got less to. I saw all but two games, we were dire.

Aston Villa away summed our quality up, they cut us to pieces and our response was to hit it long down the channels.. They ate it up, easily.

I understand the games you mentioned and you're missing Blackburn at home..

But you make your own luck in football, we were well, well under par.

Look at the squad of players we had, the best player we had and by some way was Hossam Ghaly. He had the bit extra that the rest didn't seem to have.

Stubbs was good too, unlucky he got injured. Villa was good in the Premier League, work horse and should have played more.

But none of them, for me were Premier League quality. They played in the Premier League, but so did Paris Simmons.

But they played in the Premier League so they were Premier League players. Some played there for other clubs (Carroll, Bywater, Mears, McEveley, Moore, Jones, Savage, Fagan, Earnshaw, Teale, Macken, Hulse, Davis, Todd, Griffin and probably others, ALL played in the Premier League for other teams so who are you to say they aren't up to the Premier League?

The issue is that Billy Davies put together a TEAM that couldn't play in the premiership. Irrespective of whether individual players were good enough, the fact is the team wasn't.

teams like Stoke have had individual players not good enough for the prem but as a team they've proved to be a prem team over the last 5 seasons, sincerely hope they go down this time though!

Grant Holt is probably the best recent example of the team being greater then the individual components.

The mods might as well close this thread as it appears we are not signing anyone else this transfer window, yet again relying on loans when the loan window opens... Normally I don't complain but are we ever going to spend any money in a transfer window to strengthen a very small squad.

The mods might as well close this thread as it appears we are not signing anyone else this transfer window, yet again relying on loans when the loan window opens... Normally I don't complain but are we ever going to spend any money in a transfer window to strengthen a very small squad.

Bench today had quality on it. Bamford, Hendrick, Sammon, Keane, Whitbread, Bennett, Legzdins.

Russell and Bailey not selected. OB, Barks, Coutts injured.

That's 23 capable Championship players, so I'd argue not a very small squad at all.

If we can add one bit of extra class fine, but no desperate need to add for the sake of it and if loans are the way to do that then fine. We've done very well with loans under SMc.

The decision to drop Jeff to RB was tactical according to SM. He could have brought on Keane, who supposedely can play fullback, but brought on Sammon to go 4-2-4. So I reckon even if we'd had a recognised right back on the bench he'd still have made the same change.

Additional cover for both fullbacks would be great, but who knows what's available.

Forsyth was also pants today, can't pass for *****. His defending has improved though

Disagree with that, he had a good defensive game, his crossing was off it though. He made 2/3 vital interceptions, 1 especially in the 2nd half that would have left a player 1 on 1 with Grant.

Disagree with that, he had a good defensive game, his crossing was off it though. He made 2/3 vital interceptions, 1 especially in the 2nd half that would have left a player 1 on 1 with Grant.

Defensively decent. But he can't complete simple passes! It puts us under pressure.. Also heading the balls into areas where there's no white shirts

Everyone slates Forsyth but you really need to start factoring in what Buxton does to him. Telegraphs every pass to him, leading him into an opposing player. Every time he receives the ball, he has a guy on top of him because Buxton has delayed the pass and made it so bloody obvious where he's putting it.

Everyone slates Forsyth but you really need to start factoring in what Buxton does to him. Telegraphs every pass to him, leading him into an opposing player. Every time he receives the ball, he has a guy on top of him because Buxton has delayed the pass and made it so bloody obvious where he's putting it.

Why I entirely disagree with any criticism of Sir Jake, on principle, I may oxymoronically (thats cus ur a moron lol) agree with you here  :ph34r:

Sometimes we don't switch sides or give it to Forsyth quick enough, not much of a sense of urgency.

Defensively decent. But he can't complete simple passes! It puts us under pressure.. Also heading the balls into areas where there's no white shirts

I think you are wrong again. Many times yesterday Dawkins was missing for a pass down the wing and when he was reacted so slowly that their RB had got in before he moved. So would be unfair to call Forsyth on that. He won his headers and in attacking positions generally found a white shirt. Defensive headers were away from danger.

I think you are wrong again. Many times yesterday Dawkins was missing for a pass down the wing and when he was reacted so slowly that their RB had got in before he moved. So would be unfair to call Forsyth on that. He won his headers and in attacking positions generally found a white shirt. Defensive headers were away from danger.

It's the passes inside more then the ones out wide! And no I'm on about in their end of the field, just because the balls in the air doesn't mean you head the ball into space with no one there

Derby will sign Hobbs on Monday as a replacement for Jake Buxton who has been signed by Sparta to lead at the Battle of Thermopylae because King Leonidas knows that he may be Sparta, but Jake is a Super Ram.

(guess what I am watching.)

one flew over the cookoo's nest?

Derby will sign Hobbs on Monday as a replacement for Jake Buxton who has been signed by Sparta to lead at the Battle of Thermopylae because King Leonidas knows that he may be Sparta, but Jake is a Super Ram.

(guess what I am watching.)

Call the Midwife?

Archived