January Transfer Suggestions and Bollox Rumours

SalfordRam

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He actually had an offer for us or are you just suggesting it? Who told u this?

I keep my sources secret :)

Or at least I can do it now as he admitted it in major newspaper himself...

www.iltalehti.fi/jalkapallo/2014011017913373_jp.shtml

Translating is so hard but the most important line is this:

Muitakin vaihtoehtoja oli kuten Englannin Mestaruussarjan Derby. - There were lots of other possibilites including Derby.

Guess the deal was on table before Bamford signed.

I keep my sources secret :)

Or at least I can do it now as he admitted it in major newspaper himself...

www.iltalehti.fi/jalkapallo/2014011017913373_jp.shtml

Translating is so hard but the most important line is this:

Muitakin vaihtoehtoja oli kuten Englannin Mestaruussarjan Derby. - There were lots of other possibilites including Derby.

Guess the deal was on table before Bamford signed.

Interesting. Glad we're looking overseas

I think Chalobah could be a good addition to our squad. Good player defensively but equally solid going forward, young (19) with lots of room for improvement but still got 1 1/2 seasons experience in the league. Can also play in defence.

'Well known for his versatility, work-rate, and fitness levels, both in defending and attacking sense. He is described as, "Tall, athletic and can operate in either midfield or defence, being notably quick in the tackle.' (Wikipedia)

Only downside is he played for Forest in the first half of the season.

I think Chalobah could be a good addition to our squad. Good player defensively but equally solid going forward, young (19) with lots of room for improvement but still got 1 1/2 seasons experience in the league. Can also play in defence.

'Well known for his versatility, work-rate, and fitness levels, both in defending and attacking sense. He is described as, "Tall, athletic and can operate in either midfield or defence, being notably quick in the tackle.' (Wikipedia)

Only downside is he played for Forest in the first half of the season.

And was shocking for them. I've heard he had a pretty bad attitude as well

Seemed good at Watford last season when I saw him play. Didn't know about the attitude thing either. Plus no chance of getting him on a perm. Actually, I'm now doubting my own suggestion   xD

Yeah he did seem good for Watford and to be fair to him, I don't think anyone can have a good attitude when working with Billy Davies  :lol:

Couldn't care less. This whole site is well over moderated. How bloody difficult is it to open a thread where people can speculate..... Grrrrrr. Rant over

Seems to me to be rather better moderated (and I say that sincerely) than others I've seen/been involved in-in fact I'd say quite a bit better.You might think that having a fairly wide moderating team (in terms of numbers and varying backgrounds/ages) could lead to over moderation,but to me the reverse seems to apply -probably because it leads to mod room discussion before any action takes place (on disciplinary matters).The forum rules are there for all to see.

Just writing an article on him, so thought I would suggest him here.

Jesse Lingard scored on his debut back at United (U21s) and provided a MOTM performance. Scored 6 in 13 at Birmingham, including 3 assists.

From what I've seen, he already has Premier League ability and Moyes could do a lot worse than throwing him in the first team. But, in the hope he lets him out on loan again, Mac should be front of the que.

Really!? Don't think it would work, he has been without a club for 6 months...

Celtic, Aston Villa, Derby County, Queens Park Rangers and Nottingham Forest possibilities.

Once regarded as the answer to David Beckham's international retirement, the football career of David Bentley hasn't exactly gone to plan. And since he left Tottenham Hotspur in the summer, he still hasn't found a club.

With teams now looking for the smartest way to strengthen their sides in order to reach their targets, he should be banging on the door of potential suitors and offering his services.

We take a look at five possible clubs that should open the door to the Englishman that scored the first ever goal at the new Wembley in 2007.

1) Derby County

The obvious choice as Derby's current manager Steve McClaren was the man who touted the winger as the 'new David Beckham' in the first place. It wouldn't be surprising to see the former England manager go in for one of his former favourites, but the deal would have to suit all parties as Derby County are renowned for keeping a tight grip on the purse strings for transfer funds, especially when it comes to contracts.

The biggest shame with this one is that we're touted in the same breath as Cetic, Villa, QPR and Forest as employers of knackered-old-past-their-best footballers. I'm not sure that's deserved.

Plus, unless he's suddenly morphed into a defensive midfielder, where do they think he's going to fit into our midfield?

Seems to me to be rather better moderated (and I say that sincerely) than others I've seen/been involved in-in fact I'd say quite a bit better.You might think that having a fairly wide moderating team (in terms of numbers and varying backgrounds/ages) could lead to over moderation,but to me the reverse seems to apply -probably because it leads to mod room discussion before any action takes place (on disciplinary matters).The forum rules are there for all to see.

Off topic, but I agree. You can try other Derby forums, but from what I've seen some of the mods on other boards act like Wumming kids. 

Archived