January Transfer Suggestions and Bollox Rumours

SalfordRam

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guy said he asked KP if he was joining maybe and he said laughed and said maybe

Well at least KP is ok at taking penos.

Just had a thought about Ben Watson. Apparently he is out of contract in the summer so wouldn't be overly expensive. Yes his wages might be quite high but he seems like the kind of player who could fit into the Eustace mould and, with premiership experience with Wigan, if we were to go up, he wouldn't find the step up to difficult.

Just a though anyway, no rumour heard so don't expect a link, purely a suggestion!

Just done a piece on how Derby should save Chalobah, hopefully Stevie Mac gives a read.

Didn't realise the impact he had at Watford last season - remarkable...

I look forward to the Chalobah to Derby thread on here soon as it hits News Now

Just done a piece on how Derby should save Chalobah, hopefully Stevie Mac gives a read.

Didn't realise the impact he had at Watford last season - remarkable...

No more loans......thanks all the same.

rumour has it, the lad is on about £50k a week.

30k-a-week I thought?

All the same, it's a lot of money. But, seems like he is close to joining Boro anyway, which would suggest in itself it would have been roughly in our ball park.

No more loans......thanks all the same.

And loans perhaps aren't a bad way for us to go. We can't spend the money to bring in proven Premier League quality permanently, but we can bring in very good young players and if we were promoted at least that would mean we have a fresh base to build on with the added Premier League money.

That's more preferable to me than getting promoted with the side Forest have for instance, majority of their first team are proven Premier League failures, yet still on okay money and therefore would be hard to shift on and they would still need to add as much to their first team as we would.

In fairness, I was going to do a Forest reaction piece to Chalobah's loan time at Forest, but then thought I could play Derby off against Forest and get a reaction, it did what I wanted it too.

Ironically I reported Boro's interest in Chalobah over a week ago. It was always likely, but Boro are tiny, not worth the time writing about them.

And loans perhaps aren't a bad way for us to go. We can't spend the money to bring in proven Premier League quality permanently, but we can bring in very good young players and if we were promoted at least that would mean we have a fresh base to build on with the added Premier League money.

Half a team of loans mean we would have a massive rebuilding task in the summer, whatever division we are in.

Furthermore, it doesn't when trying to build a team spirit / club to have too many loans.

For every blackpool theres also a doncaster.

Archived