Hulse or Martin?

L_J_DCFC

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless this is sarcasm, in which case, you got me.

How are Hulse and Sammon similar in any way?

they both play the target role and the most advanced forward. Martin on the other hand plays the linking role in advanced midfield to deep lying forward.

The team Hulse played in was totally different (both player and tactics wise) to compare. Hulse excelled because he had fantastic service from Commons and co. Even Sav could take a good corner/freekick too. I don't think he would have the same effect in this team because he's the wrong type of player for the football we are trying to play. A good frontman for a team that's not got much substance though. 

In the current team, out of Hulse whilst he was here Vs Martin this year it would have to be Martin for me. Hulse was my "favorite player" of that tragic era too so it would be easy of me to throw him in but Martin's been fantastic for us so far IMO. I didn't expect him to chip in with as many goals either, I wasn't expecting him to make double figures but it's looking like he could even make that before Xmas. 

different players.

You should be comparing Hulse with Sammon. 

Not apples v pears.

Thread closed.

My thoughts exactly.

Whilst both Hulse and Martin weren't so fond of moving, they both had very different styles in themselves.

Martin is probably the better footballer, classy player that has enhanced our passing football into an effective football with his link up play.

Hulse was old fashioned, grit and tough - not as flashy, but was a hassle for any defender on his day.

Martin IS much more consistent than Hulse was - who, had his games where he was unplayable - Forest away and Coventry at home spring to mind, but largely could be found hiding.

Martin whilst not the hardest worker will always come deep and at least offer something, even off his day.

as Moystn said;

Martin and Steve Davies is a good argument and so is Hulse and Sammon. 

My thoughts exactly.

Whilst both Hulse and Martin weren't so fond of moving, they both had very different styles in themselves.

Martin is probably the better footballer, classy player that has enhanced our passing football into an effective football with his link up play.

Hulse was old fashioned, grit and tough - not as flashy, but was a hassle for any defender on his day.

Martin IS much more consistent than Hulse was - who, had his games where he was unplayable - Forest away and Coventry at home spring to mind, but largely could be found hiding.

Martin whilst not the hardest worker will always come deep and at least offer something, even off his day.

as Moystn said;

Martin and Steve Davies is a good argument and so is Hulse and Sammon

Martin vs Davies is really close, Martin just shaving it because as you say even on an off day Martin can help the team out whereas Davies could be so non existant we might as well have been playing with 10.

As for Hulse vs Sammon, I don't think there's an argument to be had...

Archived