Hulse or Martin?

L_J_DCFC

Both number nines. Hulse was perhaps more of a goal scorer but I think Martin holds the ball up much better than Hulse did. I also think he draws more fouls than Hulse but Hulse certainly got more goals but Martin is more of a threat this season.

What do you think?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty even.

Hulse in theory was the better player but he did struggle to hold it.

Martin has some good games and some not so good games.

On balance.........ummmmmmmmm............hulse.....just.

Actually,

Kevin Hector was a player who would always be in any of my 'best ever' Rams teams, as would Charlie George

John O'hare was fantastic at what he did, which was similar to what Chris Martin and Rob Hulse do/did, but nothing like what Kevin and Charlie did.

Paul Goddard was a brilliant player, sold far too soon and never adequately replaced. But not quite as good as Kevin and Charlie. IMHO.

I always have Kevin and Charlie as number 10's in my minds eye, not number 9's

Paul Goddard

Thread closed, packed away, never to be seen again until someone over 50 says John O'Hare

heard he's on the new England anthem for the world cup song going by radio derby this morning ;) apparently he's dressed as an old woman playing football in a park.

and martin is no comparison to hulse different team different style but both scoring goals so who really cares? :)

Archived