Simon Dawkins

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blossomed into such a good player for us, thought we missed him against Wigan and he proved we did when he came on. Ecstatic he's signed for so little considering his talent at this level, especially looking at fees paid out for flops.

Expect him, Martin and Russell to become our regular front 3 come the end of the season.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/dawkins-seals-derby-switch-1272846.aspx

Attacker joins Derby after an impressive loan spell

Derby County have signed Tottenham Hotspur attacker Simon Dawkins on a permanent deal after an impressive loan spell at the iPro Stadium.

The 26-year-old joined Derby on a three-month emergency loan in October and after proving his worth during 13 appearances, which also provided three goals, he has joined Steve McClaren’s side on a full-time basis.

Derby have agreed an undisclosed fee with the Premier League side and Dawkins has signed a two-and-a-half year contract.

Dawkins’ mazy runs at opposition defences and his eye-catching performances have quickly established him as a firm favourite with the Derby crowd.

McClaren commented: “Simon has done really well whilst on loan with us and he’s made himself a regular fixture in our attacking line-up.

“He’s a player we like and I think he brings a lot to the team; he can create goals and, as we’ve seen, he can score them himself.

“During his three months with us Simon has proved his worth and we’re delighted he’s agreed to join us on a permanent basis.”

He added: “We think he’ll only improve as he continues to play games and after just turning 26 we think his best years remain ahead of him.”

Dawkins joined the Tottenham Hotspur Academy in July 2004 before linking up with League 1 side Leyton Orient on loan during the 2008/09 season and made 14 appearances during two separate stints with the Os.

During the same season, Dawkins made his only appearance for Spurs after being named in the starting XI in their 4-0 UEFA Cup win over Dynamo Zagreb.

Before a loan spell at Aston Villa last season, where he made four appearances, Dawkins spent the previous two campaigns on loan at Major League Soccer side San Jose Earthquakes, where he netted 14 goals in just over 50 appearances.

I think whatever the fee (hopefully not too far away from £500,000 either side) is one point but the contract we will offer him is interesting too.

Obviously he is dropping down from the Prem and is 25/26 but has always been a reserve - what kind of deal is a fair one?

Three year deal - 6k a week?

You got the first spot on and I think the wage guess is not bad either.

Very happy with this, brilliant signing.

still can't believe that he's 25/26 and only just started playing a run of games at a good level.

This is the thing which tickles me the most. I think he has played less games than Hughes and Hendrick? (and yes, I'm waiting someone to check it) So that makes him very inexperienced and raw. We don't know whats the limit of his potential is, he certainly has a good chance to start to fulfill it. Forced to be a late developer?

500 k is good business IMO.

This is the thing which tickles me the most. I think he has played less games than Hughes and Hendrick? (and yes, I'm waiting someone to check it) So that makes him very inexperienced and raw. We don't know whats the limit of his potential is, he certainly has a good chance to start to fulfill it. Forced to be a late developer?

I would guess less than hendrick; Hughes i would say more as he went to USA I think

More than Hughes, less than Hendrick

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/simon-dawkins/leistungsdaten-verein/spieler_57488.html

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/will-hughes/leistungsdaten-verein/spieler_207014.html

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/jeff-hendrick/leistungsdaten-verein/spieler_148262.html

Archived