Simon Dawkins

North_Stand_Ram

No fee involved then, so that will help with the wages .

Well, there may be a fee involved. If we want to sign him in January (which I'm sure we will), then Spurs can sell him. If we were prepared to hang on until summer, then he could sign a pre-contract agreement with Derby and leave at the end of the season on a Bosman.

I think we will want him to be available right through.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, there may be a fee involved. If we want to sign him in January (which I'm sure we will), then Spurs can sell him. If we were prepared to hang on until summer, then he could sign a pre-contract agreement with Derby and leave at the end of the season on a Bosman.

I think we will want him to be available right through.

Why would Spurs have him back, and pay him but not play him.

Better to release him for nothing, and save his wages .

I'm sure they'll tell us that he's up for sale in January but luckily for us we get the first option to buy.

Which is nice considering he was worth next to nothing 6 months ago and is now probably four or five hundred grand.

He's not a slight improvement on Theo - he's a huge one. For starters he can control the ball!

thats why i said thought not think. he has changed my opinion on him over the games he has played. he seems to have glue on his boots judging by saturday. still a bit raw though, a few times an earlier pass would have helped and although he has a good shot on him he seems to struggle keeping it down. his positioning and tracking back is getting much better though.

all in all with a bit of good coaching (which we seem to have now) he should be a dimond in the rough.

I had a sneaky look to see whether Dawny and co were posting their usual drivel on LTLF. Dawny is, of course, still whining about Martin's 'disgraceful dive', but some of their other posters are making uncomfortably complimentary statements about Derby.

A couple of them sort-of joked about how funny it would be if they 'nicked Dawkins in January' - can't blame them for that, of course - but I can't see it happening. It must be galling for midfield players at Forest, watching the ball fly 60 feet over their heads.

A couple of them sort-of joked about how funny it would be if they 'nicked Dawkins in January' - can't blame them for that, of course - but I can't see it happening. It must be galling for midfield players at Forest, watching the ball fly 60 feet over their heads.

What would they tempt him with, a free fridge freezer?

I think he'd rather stick with the side that has a chance at going up, and not gamble on the perrenial playoff bottlers....

think there's a bit of a bond between Dawkins and McClaren to be honest. Reading something Dawkins said, although I cannot remember it exactly, gave the impression that Dawkins believes McClaren to be the only man have real faith in him.

Yep, tried to sign him for Twente I think, Dawkins seemed delighted to have finally teamed up with McClaren when he signed, so unless a prem side comes in I think he'll be a permanent Derby player before too long.

Yep, tried to sign him for Twente I think, Dawkins seemed delighted to have finally teamed up with McClaren when he signed, so unless a prem side comes in I think he'll be a permanent Derby player before too long.

Also was on trial at QPR in the summer, guess he is a late developer and this is probably only his second season where he has been fully fit.

I'm sure they'll tell us that he's up for sale in January but luckily for us we get the first option to buy.

Which is nice considering he was worth next to nothing 6 months ago and is now probably four or five hundred grand.

Chelsea money pencilled in?

Archived