Simon Dawkins

North_Stand_Ram

I think whatever the fee (hopefully not too far away from £500,000 either side) is one point but the contract we will offer him is interesting too.

Obviously he is dropping down from the Prem and is 25/26 but has always been a reserve - what kind of deal is a fair one?

Three year deal - 6k a week?

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Source given doesn't seem particularly rock solid though.

It's the only source I was able to find, and the route that led me there was a Spurs forum where someone said "This guy has the inside track on contracts".

It's the only source I was able to find, and the route that led me there was a Spurs forum where someone said "This guy has the inside track on contracts".

Sorry eddie,I meant the source cited by the source.I notice some entries were sourced from Spurs,and others seemed to come from a variety of locations.Anyone who believed what was written might be likely to suggest that the guy has the inside track,but of course that doesn't necessarily mean he does.

If the club's under the impression that there's a 1 year option in place,it wouldn't reflect too well on our new guy,if your link were to be correct.

Whatever the contract is,I for one hope we get him.

He seems to make things happen and he will get better with more games.

Seems a well spoken, nice guy on RamsPlayer  :cool:

Agree with all of this.

When I think of egos in football, I always assume wingers to have the biggest but he seems like a quiet, down to earth guy. It's not like he's had much to shout about in his career though.

Sorry eddie,I meant the source cited by the source.I notice some entries were sourced from Spurs,and others seemed to come from a variety of locations.Anyone who believed what was written might be likely to suggest that the guy has the inside track,but of course that doesn't necessarily mean he does.

If the club's under the impression that there's a 1 year option in place,it wouldn't reflect too well on our new guy,if your link were to be correct.

I wasn't sure that the club were of the opinion - but that the DET were. "Ambiguity - the Devil's volleyball" as the wonderful Emo Philips says. 

I wasn't sure that the club were of the opinion - but that the DET were. "Ambiguity - the Devil's volleyball" as the wonderful Emo Philips says. 

Ah,a bit like the old undisclosed fees,thought to be and believed to be....

Could it possibly be the Devil who thinks and believes?

I'm still convinced that Dawkins is still learning game by game, has an awful lot of abillty.

I would be gutted to missout on him in all honesty, think in a years time with a lot more games under his belt - he could be above this level.

He should be above this level... Otherwise it wouldn't make sense to sign him!

I'm still convinced that Dawkins is still learning game by game, has an awful lot of abillty.

I would be gutted to missout on him in all honesty, think in a years time with a lot more games under his belt - he could be above this level.

Let's hope we are above this level too!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived