Simon Dawkins

North_Stand_Ram

He's impressed me in the last couple of weeks, seems to have fitted in nicely with the rest of the lads. What do we reckon, £250k enough to get him in in January?

"Sign him up! 

Sign him up! 

Sign him up!"

If you're forking that kind of cash out, I'm happy to bung a fiver in.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't see Levy letting him go for less than 500k, may take up to a mil?

Can't see it really, although Levy could do try to be a dick. Naturally if that were the case, Forest would then step in with a bid of £7.5 million.

He smiles and just says, "we'll just have to wait and see..." in his latest interview on rams player. Looks and sounds happy to be here, also says there's no better feeling than actually playing and winning them. 

I'm confident. I think he'd want to come... even if another Championship team came in, I think he'd want to play here and for Steve McClaren. Only thing that would change that on his part would likely be silly money wages being offered. Which I can't see.

I'm confident. I think he'd want to come... even if another Championship team came in, I think he'd want to play here and for Steve McClaren. Only thing that would change that on his part would likely be silly money wages being offered. Which I can't see.

We're in a good position, he seems well suited to us anyway. I think our chances of keeping him will only improve if we're still doing well, so maybe it's down to him as much as anything else.

They slipped in the fact that Spurs have the option of another year into the DET article this morning. Clearly Derby want to warn us, in the usual fashion, that getting him on a permanent may not be a forgone conclusion

That one year option takes his price from around £250k to £750k. They are so cute with finances. I can't believe we all thought we had got a bargain from them.

That one year option takes his price from around £250k to £750k. They are so cute with finances. I can't believe we all thought we had got a bargain from them.

Never really worked out this option business.If,for instance,a club signs a player on a 2 year deal with the option of a further year,does that mean the club are guaranteed the 3 years should they so wish,without any say for the player? If so you may be right,and I suspect you are.

Looking at the Burke situation,we don't actually know if Brum wanted him as a player this season,or if the extension was their way of trying to increase his transfer value.If the latter,it may have backfired as they will be back to square one next month. 

Having thought again about this options business,logic now tells me that the option must probably be binding on the player,otherwise there'd be little point in the option.In the example I gave,if the 3rd year weren't binding on the player,the club might just as well offer the 2 year contract and then try to negotiate an extension if both parties were amenable.

One might point out that the option would likely be on pre determined terms,but on the other hand the player could simply reject the option (if it weren't binding) and look for better terms,thus little different to the 2 year contract with further negotiation.

I never knew that clubs could invoke a one year option two years in a row.

Simon Dawkins' contract with Spurs expired in June 2013 and the club exercised a one year option at that time.

http://spursplayers.blogspot.co.uk

Archived