Simon Dawkins

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

happy with that.

expected less than 500k though.

Me too - the problem is that he has now had some exposure, and other clubs will have seen that he can perform at this level.

Its rising to 500k? So no, it's not that much.Why are you surprised? Have you seen the market these days, it's an absolute steal for his ability.

Burnley have made a bid, as have Wolves, for Ashley Barnes of Brighton for 750k, he has 4 league goals this season and has played almost every game.. Put it into perspective, Dawkins has played outwide and has 3 goals in around 12 apps.

In this current market, and from a premierhip side with Daniel Levy, it's a cracking addition and at a very fair price!

Good player for us, he makes things happen. His final ball/shooting need improvement but that can be worked upon. Plenty of potential there. 

I imagine that the fee will be in the region of £300k with add ons based upon promotion/apps. He was out of contract at the end of the season, but it's not a bad price as he has certainly contributed to our upturn in form.

Its rising to 500k? So no, it's not that much.Why are you surprised? Have you seen the market these days, it's an absolute steal for his ability.

Burnley have made a bid, as have Wolves, for Ashley Barnes of Brighton for 750k, he has 4 league goals this season and has played almost every game.. Put it into perspective, Dawkins has played outwide and has 3 goals in around 12 apps.

In this current market, and from a premierhip side with Daniel Levy, it's a cracking addition and at a very fair price!

Spot on

Great deal for us

£500K is a very good price for someone of his ability especially when you consider we paid £1.2M for Conner ******* Sammon!

What a start to the window exiting times.

Yes, if he turns out to be as good a signing as the likes of Bryson and Ward [same kind of value], it will be be good business.

And Barnes is out of contract at end of the season.

How funny would it be if it turns out we are using will hughes as bait to all of these clubs, 

take players on loan > right we want to sign them before we sell hughes> Then dont sell hughes and have an even better young side 

Only have to buy keane/ wisdom and the chelsea lad now and then keep hughes, pull your finger our rush! 

Only have to buy keane/ wisdom and the chelsea lad now and then keep hughes, pull your finger our rush! 

Four of the current England U21 squad! Wisdom's clearly talented, but way down the pecking order at Anfield so if we go up and he's settled, I think we have a chance. Given Man U's reluctance to immediately extend Keane, I think he's a lot less likely, though rumours persist that Fester had done a deal for him last season so you never know. If Bamford does well, we'll have no chance, but we could probably keep him for the firs season in the Prem. If he does badly he can eff off back to Chelski!

but they all want will hughes desperately for £30 million I read it in the paper today!!!

I meant it half tongue in cheek, I think Wisdom we have no chance not in our price range for a perm, I think the other two are equally very unlikely 

but they all want will hughes desperately for £30 million I read it in the paper today!!!

I meant it half tongue in cheek, I think Wisdom we have no chance not in our price range for a perm, I think the other two are equally very unlikely

So what is our price range? Rush has said money is available

Archived